CicLAvia - Iconic Wilshire Boulevard
CicLAvia heads back to Iconic Wilshire Boulevard on August 14 as Koreatown, Westlake, and Downtown Los Angeles will host the country’s largest open streets event! Streets will be closed to cars and open for cyclists, pedestrians, runners and skaters to use as a recreational space.
CicLAvia #18 is heading down Iconic Wilshire Blvd. on August 14! This CicLAvia is going to be all about stories, as we celebrate the Los Angeles of yesterday, today, and tomorrow - the Los Angeles that you are helping to shape with your story. Help celebrate our 18th event by contributing $18 to help keep CicLAvia rolling.
Join Nike and CicLAvia for an epic 5k to celebrate the spirit of sport in LA at 8am the morning of CicLAvia!
New to CicLAvia? Here are some things you need to know for August 14:
- CicLAvia is FREE!
- CicLAvia lasts from 9 AM until 4 PM
- CicLAvia closes streets to car traffic and opens them for people to walk, skate, bike, play, and explore parts of Los Angeles.
- CicLAvia is not a race! There's no starting point or finish line - begin where you like and enjoy the day your way.
- CicLAvia traffic flows in two directions, just like regular traffic. Check out some more safety tips.
Questions or Concerns
General event information: please contact CicLAvia at 213.355.8500 or email@example.com
For concerns regarding the street closure permit, please reach out to the City of Los Angeles: 213.847.6000
Join the CicLAvia Angel Volunteer Team!
Day-of Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers are the heart and soul of CicLAvia! Volunteers help keep the event running smoothly and safe for all participants to enjoy. Various opportunities are available on the route or at a hub or with a group!
Choose a hub to view available volunteer opportunities:
Pre/Post Volunteer Opportunities
There are several ways to help out before the event. Whether it's joining our outreach team going door-to-door chatting with stakeholders along the route, distributing postcards to your neighborhood, or helping our production team pack signs and merchandise for the big day. Volunteers are always needed!
Click below to view the available volunteer opportunities before/after August 14!
Join us for a orientation get more information on volunteer roles, event information, troubleshooting and how volunteers play a vital role in the safety of car-free street event. Click a dates below to RSVP.
Live/Work Along the Route
If you live/work along the route and would like more information about how CicLAvia will affect your neighborhood on October 16, please download the CicLAvia route notification flyer. The flyer has information about the streets that will be closed, parking restriction and parking options for residents and employees of local businesses.
The route will be closed to vehicles from 8:00am to approximately 6:00pm on Sunday October 16.
NO PARKING will be allowed from 1:00am–6:00pm on Sunday, October 16th on the route. Parking restrictions will be enforced and vehicles will be towed beginning at 1:00am. Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood.
NO VEHICLES are allowed on the route between 8:00am and approximately 6:00pm. There are crossing points at several intersections where vehicles can cross Wilshire Blvd .
Please be aware that all driveways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 8:00am on Sunday, August 14. If your vehicle is parked in your driveway and you need to use it after 8:00am on August 14, please park elsewhere as the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6:00pm. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route during this time.
All buses that usually run along the CicLAvia route will be detoured. Please check ciclavia.org and bus stops for detour information closer to the event date.
If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8:00pm on Saturday, August 13 through 6:00pm on Sunday, October 16. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia, 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
Hint: CicLAvia- Iconic Wilshire Blvd.'s theme is STORIES.
CicLAvia is one of the largest open streets events in the country — a free event, open to all. At CicLAvia, streets are car-free for individuals and families to explore the city by foot, bike, and other forms of non- motorized transport. Is your business on or near the route? Here are some tips for engaging thousands of new potential customers!
What Will You See at CicLAvia?
- Tens of thousands of participants on car-free streets from all over the region eager to explore the neighborhood
- Happy people looking for their new favorite spot
- Safe, fun and family-oriented activities
- Police and Department of Transportation Officers responsible for traffic and crowd control along the route
- CicLAvia staff and volunteers on the route assisting participants with questions and concerns
- Restrooms, free water, first aid, trash/ recycling, bike parking and information booths at Hubs along the route
Take Advantage of the Thousands of Potential Customers Passing By Your Door!
- PLAN TO BE OPEN ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. Make your store- front visible with signs and banners.
- BRING YOUR BUSINESS OUTSIDE If you have permission to use the sidewalk in front of your business, feel free to bring products, music or seating outside. If you activate your sidewalk you must maintain a 4’ clearance for ADA access. (Please note: under the terms of CicLAvia’s permit, no stationary objects are allowed in the street.)
- GET FEATURED ON THE CICLAVIA DIGITAL MAP. Businesses that offer a special CicLAvia discount can be listed for free on our interactive digital map, see below for details to join the CicLAvia Savings program.
- HELP GET THE WORD OUT IN ADVANCE. Put up a CicLAvia poster or give CicLAvia postcards to your customers! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and suggestions.
Participate in the CicLAvia Savings Program
Is Your Business on the Route? Encourage participants to stop by on the day of the event by offering a special discount to CicLAvia participants. We’ll highlight your family-friendly business* for free on the CicLAvia website, subject to approval. Follow these guidelines to join:
- Offer discount on day of CicLAvia during all business hours.
- Place CicLAvia notification flyer in business window.
- Send the name of your business, discount offer, business address, and website link (if available) to email@example.com or call 213.355.8500 by August 5. Include name, email, and contact information for your business.
*e.g. restaurants, movie theaters, toy stores, clothing shops, hair salons, banks.
How Will Car Access & Parking Be Handled?
- PLEASE BE AWARE that all drive- ways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 8:00am on Sunday, August 14.
- If your vehicle is parked in your drive- way and you need to use it after 8:00am on August 14, please park elsewhere as the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6:00pm. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route during this time.
- Street closures begin at 6:00am, with full route closures in place by 8:00am. The event runs from 9:00am–4:00pm, and streets will be fully open to cars by approximately 6:00pm.
- Cars can cross the route at selected major streets (see map). Pedestrian crossings will also be available along the route to give people access to businesses and buildings on both sides of the street. All other cross streets will be closed at the route. Streets adjacent to the route will remain open to local access for residents and businesses.
- NO PARKING allowed on the route after 1:00am on Sunday, August 14, 2016. Parking restrictions will be posted and towing will be enforced.
- Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood
- If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8:00pm on Saturday, August 13 through 6:00pm on Sunday, August 14. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia, 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
Getting to the Route
Click below for information on getting to the CicLAvia route on Sunday, August 14!
Metro Bikeshare is live in DTLA! Grab a bike at any of these stations close to the CicLAvia route:
- Grand & 7th
- 7th & Metro Center
- Figueroa & 8th
- Figueroa & 9th
- Hope & 6th
- 7th & Bixel
- Wilshire & Witmer
7th Street/Metro Center to One Wilshire Hub
- Take the station exit at 7th St. and Flower.
- Then, take a right at Flower.
- The next intersection is One Wilshire Hub.
From Santa Monica, Culver City to 7th Street/Metro Center
Take the Expo Line to 7th Street/Metro Center (final stop).
From Long Beach, South LA to 7th Street/Metro Center
Take the Blue Line to 7th Street/Metro Center (final stop).
From North Hollywood, San Fernando Valley to 7th Street/Metro Center
Take the Red Line to Wilshire/Vermont Station, Westlake/MacArthur Park Station or 7th Street/Metro Center.
From East LA to 7th Street/Metro Center
Take the Gold Line to Union station. Then, take the Red or Purple Line to 7th Street/Metro Center.
From San Gabriel Valley to 7th Street/Metro Center
Take the Gold Line to Union station. Then, take the Red or Purple Line to 7th Street/Metro Center.
From South Bay to 7th Street/Metro Center
Take the Green Line to Willowbrook/Rosa Parks. Then, take the Blue Line to 7th Street/Metro Center (final stop).
From Metrolink Union Station to 7th Street/Metro Center (biking)
- Head North and make a left on N. Los Angeles St.
- Turn right on E. 1st. St.
- Turn left on S. Spring St.
- Turn right on W. 5th St.
- Turn left on S. Grand Ave.
|Name||Address||Cost||# of Spots|
|City Valet Parking System||671 S. Oxford Ave. LA, CA 90005||$16||200|
|Supreme Parking||3680 Wilshire Blvd. LA, CA 90010||$12|
|Standard Parking||3660 Wilshire Blvd. #100 LA, CA 90010||$14||676|
|Athena Parking||3611 Wilshire Blvd. LA, CA 90005||$6|
|Standard Parking||Central Plaza 3440-3470 Wilshire Blvd. LA, CA 90010|
|Standard Parking||3550-3580 Wilshire Blvd. LA, CA 90010||$20||2500|
|Name||Address||Cost||# of Spots|
|Joe's Auto Parks||616 St. Paul Ave. LA, CA 90017|
|Unified Parking||726 S Lake St. LA, CA 90057||$6||100|
|St. Vincent Medical Center||2131 W 3rd St. LA, CA 90057||$7||1500|
|Name||Address||Cost||# of Spots|
700 S. Flower St.
|$1 parking is available for CicLAvia participants. To receive the discounted parking, you must pick up a validation at the security desk in the BLOC office tower lobby
to use upon exiting the lot.
Feeder Rides & Walks
Ride or walk along with these feeder rides to CicLAvia on August 14:
Save the date for another WalkLAvia (and of course, CicLAvia)! Explore Iconic Wilshire Blvd. on two feet with LA Walks and the crew from Stairs & Trails of Los Angeles. We'll cover 7 miles total - 3.5 miles out and back. FREE!
We will meet at the 7th and Grand hub, head up Wilshire then take a detour to the Gabba arts district, then head back to Wilshire and finish at Western and Wilshire. People can then take The Metro or walk back. More info.
CicLAvia returns to Wilshire Boulevard and we will be hosting a feeder ride to help you get to the western terminus in Koreatown. Meet at 8:15 at I. Martin Bicycles on Beverly. We will roll out promptly at 8:30. All ages welcome! Bring a helmet. This is only a ride to CicLAvia. You will be responsible for getting back to Mid City West on your own. More info.
Walk Bike Glendale will lead a group from the Glendale Transportation Center (Metrolink) to downtown LA for the open street event, CicLAvia - Iconic Wilshire Blvd, on Sunday, August 14, 2016. The route features a short segment of the LA River Trail, a winding downhill along the Silverlake Reservoir, and bike lanes on Sunset and Rampart Blvds. Meet at 8:30am and leave 9:00am. More info.
Pasadena Complete Streets Coalition is riding to CicLAvia on Sunday, August 14, 2016! Meet at Pasadena City Hall (100 N Garfield Ave)7:30 am meetup, 8:00am rollout. Join us for a group ride to CicLAvia. We'll be riding at a friendly pace to accommodate most levels of cyclists. Thankfully, much (but not all) of the route is downhill. And while the CicLAvia route itself is closed to motorists, the ~14mi route we will be taking to get to the event will be shared by motorists. More info.
This Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 8 a.m. join city council candidate Joe Bray-Ali on a bike ride from North East Los Angeles to the One Wilshire Hub for CicLAvia. Meet at the Flying Pigeon LA bike shop at 3404 N. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 90065 on Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 8 a.m. We will roll out at 8:30 a.m. Kids, cargo bikes, road bikes, tandems, eBikes, come one, come all. No need to make a reservation. The shop will be open for about 30 minutes before we depart for One Wishire at 8:30 a.m. for last minute tire inflation. More info.
Ride from Santa Monica to CicLAvia - Iconic Wilshire Blvd. with Santa Monica SPOKE. More info.
Line(s): 18, 20, 60, 66, 201, 206, 460, 487, 603, 720, 910
In effect: Sunday August 14, 2016 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. or when ordered by Field Supervisor or BOC or when barricades are present.
Line: 18 (Short line to Vermont/Wilshire Station)
Eastbound Only: Depart layover zone via R-Shatto Pl., R-6 th St. and regular route.
Line: 18 (Western/Wilshire Station)
Eastbound: Depart temporary layover zone via Private Right of Way, L-5 th St., L-Wilton Pl., L-6 th St. to Western Ave. and regular route.
Westbound: Regular route to 6 th St. and Normandie Ave. then continue via 6 th St., R-Private Right of Way to temporary layover.
Eastbound: Regular route to Wilshire Blvd. and Crenshaw Blvd. then continue via Wilshire Blvd., L-Wilton Pl., R-6 th St., R-Grand Ave., L-7 th St. and regular route.
Westbound: Regular route to 7 th St. and Hill St. then continue via 7 th St., R-Olive St., L-5 th – 6 th St., L-Wilton Pl., R-Wilshire Blvd. and regular route.
Northbound: Regular route to 7 th and Hill St. then continue via 7 th St., R-Olive St., L-5 th St., R-Figueroa St. and regular route.
Eastbound Only: Depart layover zone via L-Oxford St., L-6 th St., L-Western Ave. and regular route.
Northbound Only: Depart layover zone via R-Shatto Pl., L-6 th St., R-Vermont Ave. and regular route.
Northbound: Regular route to Irolo St. and Olympic Blvd. then continue via Irolo St., L-8 th St., R-Western Ave., R-6 th St., L-Normandie Ave. and regular route.
Southbound: Regular route to Normandie Ave. and 5 th St. then continue via Normandie Ave., R-6 th St., L-Western Ave., L-8 th St., R-Irolo St. and regular route.
Eastbound Only: Regular route to Grand Ave. and 6 th St. then continue via Grand Ave., R-7 th St., L-Flower St. and regular route.
Westbound: Regular route to Grand Ave. and 6 th St. then continue via Grand Ave., R-7 th St., L-Alvarado St., R-8 th St., R-Lake St., R-7 th St. to temporary layover near side of Alvarado St.
Eastbound: Depart temporary layover zone via 7 th St., L-Olive St. to 5 th St. and regular route.
Northbound Only: Regular route to 7 th St. and Park View Ave. then continue via 7 th St., L-Alvarado St., L-6 th St. and regular route.
Westbound: Regular route to 6 th St. and Witmer St. then continue via 6 th St., L-Wilton Pl., R-Wilshire Blvd. and regular route.
Eastbound: Regular route to Wilshire Blvd. and Crenshaw Blvd. then continue via Wilshire Blvd., L-Wilton Pl., R-6 th St. to Valencia St. and regular route.
Southbound Only: Regular route to Grand Ave. and 5 th St. then continue via Grand Ave., R-7 th St., L-Flower St. and regular route
PokéStops on the Route
There are 56 PokeStops on the CicLAvia - Iconic Wilshire Blvd route! Be sure to be mindful of other participants, and never stop in the middle of the route. Have a blast!
- Kobe Bryant Painting - Lakers Painting (Wilshire & Grand)
- The Chicago School - Chicago School of Professional Psychology (Wilshire & Hope)
- AON Waterfall (Wilshire & Hope)
- Wilshire Blvd
- Marble Dedication
- Engine Co. No. 28 - 101 year old brick firehouse.
- Prime Matter - 1991 work by the sculptor Eric Orr. A 30 foot tall fountain that also features the ability to set itself alight, though the sculpture rarely burns.
- St. Pauls Cathedral - Memorial marker built in 1924
- 1010 Buddha - Buddha statue
- 1100 Wilshire
- Guatemalan House of Culture
- Gym: Friendship and Peace Bell at Good Samaritan Hospital
- La Parilla Guadalupe Mural
- Metro Fish Pond - Metro Fish mural
- PALS (Wilshire & Alvarado)
- Green Wall Mural - Mural of Jaime Escalante with Edward James Olmos
- Prometheus (MacArthur Park)
- MacArthur Park Over Pass Mural
- MacArthur Overpass Mural (MacArthur Park)
- General Harrison Gray Otis - 1837-1917 soldier, journalist, friend of freedom. “Stand fast, stand firm, stand sure, stand true”. (MacArthur Park)
- Park Wilshire Fountain
- The Hayworth Theater
- Housing Authority Birds - Birds, yo.
- Bronze Ship- On housing authority building
- The Bryson
- Gym: La Fayette Rec Center
- Wilshire Center (La Fayette Park)
- Historical Post - History.
- US Mail Box
- Iglesia Cristiana poder de la Palabra - Spanish language church
- Bright Mission Chapel
- Gym: Bullocks Wilshire
- World Vision Full Gospel Church - a Korean church
- California International University
- Wilshire Galleria (Wilshire & Vermont)
- Gym: The Vermont (Wilshire & Vermont)
- Consulate General of the Republic of Korea - Shrine built by people of Los Angeles, hoping for survivors.
- Immanuel Presbyterian Church
- Fountain on Wilshire Blvd.
- Robert F. Kennedy Inspiration Park
- Gym: Human Sculpture Fountain (Outside RFK School)
- Consulate of Indonesia
- Gym: Obey Peace Mural (Wilshire & Normandie - Line Hotel)
- La Metro Marching Band Mural (Wilshire & Normandie)
- I See you Mural - Mural by well known artist DFACE, commissioned by the Line Hotel in 2014
- Old School Cooking
- St. Basil Church
- Our Lady of the Angels
- Wilshire Blvd. Temple
- Ivory Horse
- Brass Tube Halo
- BBCN Bank Fountain - Fountain
- Gym: The Wiltern
- City Scene Power Box (Wilshire & Western)
Activites Along the Route
Remember to pick up a field guide at any hub on August 14 for a hard copy map & list of activities! Plus, check inside your field guide on CicLAvia day for our interactive route activity!
Kickoff CicLAvia with a free 5K!
Join Nike and CicLAvia for an epic 5k to celebrate the spirit of sport in LA at 8am the morning of CicLAvia!
Click on a hub location below to see the activities taking place there on Sunday, August 14:
All Hubs will have food trucks, restrooms, free water, free basic bike repair, bike parking, and first aid.
Catch a free pedicab ride—brought to you by AARP—to capture and experience your story at CicLAvia. Pedicab stops are available at each info booth.
1 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90017
Add your creativity to a collective painting on the Mobile Mural Lab (11am to 3pm). Strike your best pose in front of the Pick My Solar bicycle arch. Complete in the kids bike safety skills course and get a free kids helmet courtesy of CicLAvia (while supplies last). Let the sun re-power your phone at the LADWP solar trailer. Snap a photo under the giant RUN letters and celebrate olympic women runners in Rio. Remember to visit the CicLAvia Wordplay workshop booth to complete your field guide activity.
At the Hub:
Parkview & Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90057
Sign up for a library card and keep an eye out for the roaming Los Angeles Public Library book bike. Leave your mark on a community art bike by CicLAvia x Pure City and re-charge your devices at a pedal-powered charging station. Get caffeinated with free coffee samples from Don Francisco’s Coffee while relaxing in MacArthur Park.
At the Hub:
Wilshire Blvd. & Western Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90005
Rent a bike from Bikes and Hikes. Take a load off and listen to tunes powered by the sun with solar DJs the SYCONS. Take a selfie in front of The Wiltern, a historic art deco theater and the original CicLAvia headquarters. Grab a free reusable water bottle (while supplies last) brought to you by the Metropolitan Water District.
At the Hub:
Sign up for the free CicLAvia drawing at any hub info booth on 8/14 for a chance to win one of these amazing prizes:
- Tern bike
- Pure Cycles bike
- Bikes and Hikes LA in a Day Tour
- $25 Lyft Credit
- CicLAvia Swag bag
- Two night stay at The Line Hotel & $100 gift certificate to Commissary
Nike+ Run Club
Join Nike and CicLAvia on August 14th to celebrate the spirit of sport in Los Angeles. Find your Unlimited Potential and come run with us! Kick off CicLAvia at 8 am with an epic 5k run through LA’s city streets. We’ll conquer Wilshire blvd and end downtown.
Enjoy a Safe CicLAvia
Need Help on the Route?
Law Enforcement & Emergency Personnel: The Los Angeles Police Department provides a strong security presence at CicLAvia. In addition, there are emergency medical technicians stationed at each Hub, and other response personnel are available along the route.
In case of an accident, go to the nearest Hub to report it to CicLAvia staff. If you are between Hubs, look for the nearest uniformed officer or responder, or CicLAvia staff member.
If you notice any suspicious activity or a suspicious package, immediately report it to the nearest CicLAvia staff member or uniformed officer.
At CicLAvia, the safety and well being of our participants is our primary concern. We work closely with local authorities to provide as safe and secure an environment as possible. We also partner with other local agencies that provide additional security elements along the route and at public transit locations.
Contact Staff & Volunteers: CicLAvia staff can be identified by the bright blue CicLAvia t-shirt with yellow lettering that says STAFF on the back. CicLAvia volunteers can be identified by the bright yellow CicLAvia t-shirt with blue lettering that says VOLUNTEER on the back.
Staff members and volunteers can assist with you with finding the answers to questions and with helping to find the right person to respond to emergencies. If you are missing a member of your party, have been in a minor accident or have been part of an incident, please contact staff at the nearest CicLAvia Hub. This is often the fastest way to ensure police officers or emergency personnel respond to the situation rapidly and effectively.
Want to ride a bike, rollerblades, or skateboard on CicLAvia but don't own one? No problem. Here are several bike & skate shops that we know of that offer rentals. Be sure to call ahead and pay for your reservation in advance, because rentals definitely sell out.
P.S. Bikes are not required to participate! You can walk, run, skate, scoot, pedicab, rollerblade - or use anything else that is people-powered - to join in!
Rent a Bike for CicLAvia
Near the June 11 Route
- Coco's Variety Bike Shop, 2427 Riverside Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90039; (323) 664-7400
- Bicycle Pit Stop, 667 Alexander St., Glendale, CA 91203; (818) 839-0721
- Lincoln Heights Cycle, 3422 N Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90031; (323) 221-2670
- Bike Oven, 3706 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90065; (626) 357-6799
- Bicycle Doctor, 5003 York Blvd, Highland Park, CA 90042; (323) 259-3131
- Raffi's Bicycles, 5509 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90042; (323) 474-6340
- Ryky’s Bike Shop, 2424 Daly St, Los Angeles, CA 90031; (213) 703-8909
- Spokes N Stuff - Griffith Park Ranger Station, 4730 Crystal Springs Ave., Griffith Park, CA 90027; (323) 662-6573
- Synaptic Cycles - Los Angeles road bike rentals, delivered to your door for free. (310) 925-3969
Throughout LA County
(sorted alphabetically by neighborhood)
- Helen's Cycles Beverly - 8330 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048; (323) 653-6900
- Labrea Bike Works - 5850 W 3rd St., Los Angeles, CA 90036; (323) 285-1655
- Beverly Hills Bike Shop - 10546 West Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90064; (310) 275-2453
- Abba Padre - 0.4 miles from the hub. Closed on Sundays, but open for rentals on Saturdays. 4219 Sepulveda Blvd. #A, Culver City, CA 90230; (310) 390-5203
- Palms Cycle - 0.8 miles from the hub. 3770 Motor Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90034; (310) 838- 9644
Downtown / Central LA
- Just Ride L.A. - 1626 S. Hill Street (at Venice Blvd), Los Angeles, CA 90015; (213) 745-6783. In order to ensure availability, please reserve up to 3 days in advance. Also offers locks and helmets.
- DTLA Bikes - 425 S. Broadway (at 4th St), Los Angeles, CA 90013; (213) 533-8000 Fleet of 200+ bikes ready to ride! Also offers helmets.
- El Maestro Bicycle Shop - 806 S. Main St., Los Angeles, CA 90014; (213) 627-0580
- LA Golden Bicycles – 4001 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010; (213) 739-9911
- I. Martin Bicycles - 8330 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90048; (323) 653-6900
- Speedworkz - 3110 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90026; (323) 369-9036
- Coco’s Variety Store - 2427 Riverside Drive., Silverlake; (323) 664-7400
Metro Bikeshare is live in DTLA! 60 + Metro Bike Share stations are located all over downtown; download the Metro Bike app to locate a station near you!
- Bike Station Long Beach- 223 E 1st Street, Long Beach, CA 90802; (562) 436-2453
- 404 Bike Sales & Rentals - 3329 E 4th Street, Long Beach, CA 90814; (562) 343-1411
- Velo Pacific - 5470 E 2nd Street, Long Beach, CA, 90803; (562) 433-5801
- Wheel Fun Rentals - 429 Shoreline Village Dr. Ste G, Long Beach, CA 90802; (562) 951-3857
- Alfredo's Beach Shack - 2630 E Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90803; (562) 253-5234
Marina Del Ray
- Daniel's Bike Rentals - Fisherman's Village, 13737 Fiji Way, Marina Del Ray, CA 90292; (310) 980-4045
- Marina Electric Bikes & Beach Cruisers - 3111 Ocean Front Walk, Marina Del Ray, CA 90292; (310) 301-2453. Beach cruisers available for rent: call a day in advance.
- LA Brakeless - 404 feet from the hub. 12220 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90066; (310) 313-6300
- The Recyclist Bike Shop - 0.1 miles from the hub. 12220 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90066; (310) 864-3780
San Fernando Valley
- Van's Cyclery - 11407 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood, CA 91606; (818) 760-6960. Call a few days in advance to rent a bike - limited quantities available.
- Retro Xpress Bicycles - 14503 Victory Blvd., Van Nuys, CA 91401; (818) 200-9463.
- Wheel Fun Rentals - 6300 Balboa Blvd. Van Nuys, CA 91316; (818) 212-4263. A wide range of bikes are available including cruisers, choppers, tandems and surreys.
- LA Bike Adventures - 7736 Amestoy Ave, Van Nuys, CA 91406; (818) 826-2011. Mountain bikes and gravel bikes (can be converted into road bikes)
San Gabriel Valley
- Pasadena Cyclery, 1670 E Walnut St, Pasadena, CA 91106; (626) 795-2866
- Incycle Bicycles, 175 S Fair Oaks Ave, Pasadena, CA 91105; (626) 577-0440
- Velo Pasadena Inc, 2562 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91107; (626) 304-0064
- Jones Bicycles II, 2523 Huntington Dr., San Marino, CA 91108; (626) 793-4227
- Santa Monica Bike Center - 1555 2nd Street, Unit A, Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 656-8500
- Spokes N Stuff - 1700 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 3995-4748
- Cynergy Cycles - 2300 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90404; (310) 857-1500
- WestSide Bicycles - 700 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 576-9900
- Santa Monica Beach Bicycle Rentals - 1428 4th St., Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 428-5337
- Bike Attack Santa Monica - 2400 Main St., Santa Monica, CA 90405; (310) 581-8014
- Bicycle Ambulance - 2212 Lincoln Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405; (310) 395-5026
- Blazing Saddles - 320 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 393-9778
- Bikes and Hikes LA - 8250 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90046; (323) 796-8555. Rentals include helmet, safety vest, lock and map of LA.
- Bike Curious Rentals - 0.1 miles from the hub. 34 Windward Ave., Venice, CA 90291 ; Call or text (310) 702-2823
- Jays Rentals Venice Beach - 0.2 miles from the hub. 1501 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291; (310) 392-7306
- Spokes N Stuff - 0.8 miles from the hub. The Inn at Venice Beach, 327 Washington Blvd, Venice, CA 90291; (310) 439-7276
- Venice Bike & Skates - 0.8 miles from the hub. 21 Washington Blvd., Venice, CA 90292; (310) 301-4011. First come, first served.
- Boardwalk Skate & Surf - 0.9 miles from the hub. 201 1/2 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291; (310) 450-6634
- The Bicycle Whisperer - 1.0 miles from the hub. 724 Vernon Ct., Venice, CA 90291; (310) 612-1409
- Perry's Cafe -1.3 miles from the hub. 3100 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90292; (310) 823-6730. Venice Beach at end of Washington Blvd.
- Perry's Cafe - 2.0 miles from the hub. 2500 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90293; (310) 823-1453. Venice Beach at end of North Venice Blvd.
- Bikecology - 9006 W. Pico Blvd., West Los Angeles, CA 90035; (310) 278-0915
- Bike Improve - 10929 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025; (310) 400-0363
- Helen's Cycles: Westwood Village - 1071 Gayley Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90024; (310) 208-8988
- UCLA Bike Shop - 2131 John Wooden Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095; (310) 206-7219
The following are not permitted at CicLAvia, due to LA City law:
- unauthorized solicitation
- alcoholic beverages
- narcotics or illegal drugs
- bathing in pools or fountains
- damage to property
- feeding animals
- firecrackers or explosives
- littering (including pet waste)
- public intoxication
- unauthorized driving or parking
- unauthorized vending
- unleashed animals
How to CicLAvia
CicLAvia provides the chance for participants to enjoy a fun day connecting with their fellow Angelenos and their city in a whole new way. Participants are welcome to walk, bike, skate, run...any people-powered form of transport is allowed! CicLAvia works hard to provide a safe and secure environment for all participants. By familiarizing yourself with the following information, you can help to make CicLAvia a great event for everyone.
Timing your trip
CicLAvia lasts from 9:00am–4:00pm. Please budget your time accordingly. Make sure you return to your point of origin or final destination by 4:00pm to avoid car traffic when the route reopens.
Share the Road
Cars are not allowed at CicLAvia, but any other form of non-motorized transportation is. Be aware of how people around you are traveling – biking, walking, skating, etc. – and respect their right to the road.
Police, transit officers, and CicLAvia volunteers will be at crossing intersections to monitor the flow of CicLAvia and car traffic. Riders and pedestrians must stop at car and pedestrian intersections when told to do so.
Please monitor your speed going down a hill. Also stay within the speed of the flow of traffic when it is too congested to pass.
There are often mandatory dismount locations. There will be signs at the dismount locations and volunteers instructing riders to dismount.
Biking with Children
Our friends at REI have a comprehensive information and video page about biking with children. Please take the time to review this information if you plan to enjoy CicLAvia with a child.
Helmets for Children
All children 18 and under are required by law to wear a helmet if they are on a bike, scooter, skateboard, skates or other type of geared or wheeled-transportation.
Kids Zones will offer fun bike and pedestrian safety workshops and other exciting activities.
Experienced Riders Recommended
CicLAvia is not an ideal place to teach a child, or an adult, how to ride due to the heavy flow of bike, board, and pedestrian traffic. While we encourage participants of all ages and skill levels, we strongly suggest that children and all participants learn the basics of bike riding before participating on the CicLAvia route.
Rain or Shine
CicLAvia will go on, rain or shine!
Here are a few things to remember when riding or skating in wet conditions.
Slow down. It’s easier to lose traction, especially in turns, when the road is wet. Avoid sharp turns and high speed turns so your bike won’t slide out from under you.
Skidding is more likely when the road is wet. Modulate your braking to avoid a skid.
Give yourself extra time and distance to stop.
Rim brake users, remember your rims are wet so it takes a little longer for your brake pads to catch. Pumping your brakes will help.
Be more cautious on (or avoid) surfaces that are extra slippery when wet: metal plates, manhole covers, train tracks, storm grates, and street “paint”.
Avoid riding through standing water or piles of wet leaves, which might conceal road defects.
Visibility is reduced when it’s raining. Wear bright, reflective clothing and use front and rear lights to help you see and be seen (even during the day).
Tips from our good friends at LA County Bicycle Coalition