Join our leadership team to help guide and lead the CicLAvia Angels
Volunteer Co-Captains are responsible for patrolling their designated section on their own form of mobility (bike, skateboard or roller skates), assisting, managing and guiding our volunteer team. Co-Captains will work directly with a Captain or Coordinator to manage volunteers in their designated section.
- Booth set-up and/or breakdown
- Route /Crossing Points / Dismount signage set-up
- Checking in with volunteers and groups assigned to your segment
- Managing and assisting check-in/out with volunteer group
- Training group and volunteers : review of roles and responsibilities
- Answering last minute questions from volunteers and groups and going over any additional details
- Supporting volunteers in their roles during the event
- Distributing and collecting supplies, materials, foods, water and snacks
- Troubleshooting and problem solving with groups and volunteers
- Reporting to Volunteer Captain with updates and acting as a liaison between volunteers and Captains/Coordinators.
- Own bicycle or alternative form of non-motorized transport (helmet required)
- Ability to carry up to 35 lbs
- Must be available from 8:00am – 4:30pm on day of event
- Be cheerful, energetic, communicative, empathetic and authoritative
- Ability to work independently and with a group
- Attend a training and orientation the week of the event
- Be at least 18 years old
- Volunteer and Event Management experience
- Merchandise discount
- Volunteer Rewards will apply based on hours completed
- Invitation to After Party
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer Co-Captain, please email Henny Alamillo at email@example.com (Subject Line: Co Captain Inquiry) with your name, age and past volunteer experience with CicLAvia and/or leadership experience.