Route Angels are our extra eyes and ears along the route. These roaming volunteers ride on an assigned portion of the route and assist participants with flats and other basic bike repair needs and report any issues along the route to hub staff. Route Angels also assist our staff with transporting merchandise or posting/removing signage along the route during set-up or breakdown.
Route Angel duties are as follows but are not limited to:
- Assisting participants with basic bike repairs (flats, seat adjustments)
- Distributing maps to participants and providing directions
- Acting as a Crossing Angel to aid walking participants to cross the route safely
- Acting as runner for errands for day-of needs
- Communicating any issues along the route to hub staff
Minimum Age: 14 with accompanying adult. 16 without accompanying adult
Experience: Basic Bike Repair Skills required. (Fixing a flat, replacing an inner tube, patching up an inner tube, applying lube onto chain, readjusting seat on bikes)
Required items: MUST have mode of mobility (bike, skateboard, scooter, roller skates/rollerblades). Bike pump and bike tools required for removal of wheel. We will provide inner tubes, lube and tire levers.
Training: Training available onsite and at orientation
Orientation Required? Orientation attendance is highly recommended but not required.