CicLAvia is one of the largest open streets events in the country—a free event, open to all. At CicLAvia, streets are car-free for individuals and families to explore by foot, bike, and other forms of non-motorized transport.
Is your business on or near the route? Here are some tips for engaging thousands of potential new customers.
Download Business Opportunity Flyer
What will you See at CicLAvia?
- Tens of thousands of participants on car-free streets from all over the region eager to explore the neighborhood
- Happy people looking for their new favorite spot
- Safe, fun, and family-oriented activities
- Police, Sheriff and Traffic officers responsible for traffic and crowd control along the route
- CicLAvia staff and volunteers assisting participants with questions and concerns along the route
- Restrooms, free water, first aid, bike parking, and information booths at Hubs along the route
How to Take Advantage of the Thousands of Potential Customers Passing by your Door
- Plan to be open the day of the event. Make your storefront visible with signs and banners.
Bring your business outside. If you have permission to use the sidewalk in front of your business, feel free to bring products, music, or seating outside. If you activate your sidewalk you must maintain a 4’ clearance for ADA access. (Please note that under the terms of CicLAvia’s permit, no stationary objects are allowed in the street.)
- West Hollywood businesses located along the route are eligible to receive a fee-waiver to activate their storefront during the event. Contact Event and Film Services at 323.848.6447 or [email protected] by August 5.
- Join the CicLAvia Savings Program. Businesses that offer a special discount on CicLAvia event days may be listed for free on our interactive digital map and the specials along the route page on our website.
- Help get the word out in advance. Put up a CicLAvia poster or give CicLAvia postcards to your customers! Contact us with suggestions or for more information.
Participate in the CicLAvia Savings Program
Is Your Business on or near the CicLAvia Route? Encourage participants to stop by on the day of the event by offering a special discount to CicLAvia participants.
We’ll highlight your family-friendly business (such as restaurants, movie theaters, toy stores, clothing shops, hair salons, banks, etc.) for free on the CicLAvia website (pending internal approval).
To join, follow these guidelines:
- Offer a discount to customers during all business hours during CicLAvia.
- Email us or call 213.355.8500 to share your discount offer by Wednesday, August 14. Make sure to provide your name, business name, business address, business contact info, email, website link (if applicable), and more info on your discount offer.
Street Closure Information
The route will be closed to vehicles from 7am to approximately 6pm on Sunday, August 18. Some streets near event Hubs may close as early as 6am. The event runs from 9am—4pm, and streets will be fully open to cars by approximately 6pm.
Cars can cross the route at selected major streets. Crossings are indicated on the CicLAvia—Meet the Hollywoods route map.
All other cross streets will be closed at the route. Streets adjacent to the route will remain open to local access for residents and businesses.
No parking will be allowed on Santa Monica Blvd from San Vicente to La Brea from 4:00am-6:00pm on Sunday, August 18. No parking will be allowed on the remainder of the CicLAvia route (see map) from 1:00am–6:00pm on Sunday, August 18. Parking restrictions will be enforced and vehicles will be towed. Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood.
No vehicles are allowed on the route between 7am and approximately 6pm. There are crossing points at several intersections where vehicles can cross along the route. Crossings are indicated on the CicLAvia—Meet the Hollywoods route map.
Please be aware that all driveways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 7am on Sunday, August 18. If your vehicle is parked in your driveway and you need to use it after 7am on August 18, please park elsewhere as the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6pm. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route during this time.
All buses along the CicLAvia route will be detoured. Check back closer to the event to view detours for all buses along the route. Check your bus stop on Sunday, August 18, for posted signs outlining specific detours for your stop.
If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8pm on Saturday, August 17, through 6pm on Sunday, August 18. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia at 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013 or email [email protected] subject line: Parking Reimbursement.