CicLAvia - San Pedro Meets Wilmington
Get ready for a brand new CicLAvia route! On Sunday, August 13, San Pedro and Wilmington will host the country’s largest open streets event! Streets will be closed to cars and open for cyclists, pedestrians, runners and skaters to use as a recreational space.
Planning a feeder ride or walk and want to add it to our site? Email [email protected]!
New to CicLAvia? Here are some things you need to know for August 13:
- CicLAvia is FREE!
- CicLAvia lasts from 9 AM until 4 PM
- CicLAvia closes streets to car traffic and opens them for people to walk, skate, bike, play, and explore parts of Los Angeles.
- CicLAvia is not a race! There's no starting point or finish line - begin where you like and enjoy the day your way.
- CicLAvia traffic flows in two directions, just like regular traffic. Check out some more safety tips.
Questions or Concerns
General event information: please contact CicLAvia at 213.355.8500 or [email protected]
For concerns regarding the Los Angeles street closure permit, contact LA Bureau of Street Services, Investigation and Enforcement Division, Special Events at 213.847.6000 or contact LA City Council District 15 at 310.732.4515
Specials Along the Route
Specials, deals, and discounts along on the route on August 13!
Want to add a special for your business? Join the CicLAvia Savings Program!
Activities Along the Route
We'll be kicking off the 22nd CicLAvia at 8:30 am at the Port of LA Hub at 8:30 am near the intersection of 5th and Harbor Blvd.
Remember to pick up an activities flyer at any hub on Sunday, August 13th for a hard copy map & list of activities!
Click on a hub location below to see the activities taking place there on Sunday, August 13th:
All Hubs will have restrooms, free water, free basic bike repair, bike parking, and first aid.
Catch a free pedicab ride—brought to you by AARP—to experience the adventure of CicLAvia in a whole new way! Pedicab stops are available at each info booth - just look for the sign!
- Visit the LA 2028 booth to sign up for their Volunteer Service Program or snap a selfie with an Olympic backdrop!
- Visit the LA Ranger Troca, a food truck turned mobile visitor center for the Santa Monica Mountains. Learn more about the National Parks Services programs, then scale their 25 foot rock wall.
- Capture a snapshot of your day at the Las Fotos Project photo booth
- Check out the latest in folding bikes from Tern Bicycles.
- Does your child need a helmet? Stop by the California Highway Patrol booth and get fitted for a free kids helmet (while supplies last).
- Eat at some of LA's best food trucks and relax in the park!
Near the hub:
I Heart Wilmington is hosting the SBCC Thrive LA Open House at 540 N. Marine Ave., just off the route! Stop by for family fun activities, food, local handmade goods and more! Join SBCC on a walking tour of Wilmington at 11 am - RSVP here. Space is limited!
Calle de Arte brought to you by the Avalon Arts & Cultural Alliance: Enjoy arts and craft vendors, live art, and musical performances to celebrate local talent and the rich Culture found in Wilmington. Stop by along Avalon between D and E streets.
- Bringing your baby? Stop by the First 5 LA baby changing and breast feeding station!
- Stop by the Metro Bike Share booth to play corn hole, score free prizes and sign up for your first month free! The Metro Bike Share team will be there to help you check out and dock your Metro bike at the Waterfront Park (East) bike share station
- Try out the Metro bus bike rack and learn how to bring your bicycle on the bus
- Cool off at the splash pad and enjoy lunch from a variety of food trucks parked at the beautiful Wilmington Waterfront Park!
Near the hub: Port of LA rest stop - The halfway point between Wilmington and San Pedro, the Port of Los Angeles rest stop is the perfect place to stop and take a break! There will be music, food trucks, games and a rest area. You can also learn more about America’s Port by visiting their mobile education exhibit – do you know how many bikes came through the Port of LA last year? Find out here!
- Join The Skateside and learn basic skateboarding skills on Keen ramps!
- REI Burbank will be hosting a Full Service Pop-Up Bike Shop and Shaded Outdoor Lounge with a Fun Slack-Lining activity.
- Plug into the phone charging station at the LADWP Solar Trailer and let the sun re-power your phone.
- Stop by the SoCalGas Energy Zone & take a picture in front of a CNG Truck #cleanairnow. Charge your phone while pedaling a bike, enjoy kid friendly activities, and enter to win a bike
- Leave your mark on a community art bike by CicLAvia x Pure Cycles.
- Sign up for a free Los Angeles Public Library card and keep an eye out for the roaming Book Bike. Free books will be given to people with library cards.
- Stop by the complete the Safe Moves kids bike rodeo and get a free helmet for your child (while supplies last).
Near the Hub: The San Pedro Property Owners’ Alliance presents San Pedro Chill at 5th and Mesa! Enjoy a shaded rest area with a hydration station, misting tent, face painting, an ice cream truck, strolling jazz musicians and a Free bike valet (10 am to 6 pm). Also catch a ride on the LA Waterfront Red Trolley - running every 20 minutes near the CicLAvia Route from 11 am to 8 pm. View the trolley route here and hop on at 6th and Mesa!
- Relax in the AARP play zone while catching up over vintage board games
- Chat with staff from LACBC and River LA to learn more about the important work they are doing in LA!
Near the hub: Stop by Crafted at the Port of LA – a unique vibrant marketplace selling handmade goods by local artists set in a 1940’s warehouse! East of Pacific on 22nd street!
Feeder Walks & Rides
Planning a feeder ride or walk and want to add it to our site? Email [email protected]!
Check out your feeder ride and group-walk options for CicLAvia on August 13th:
Join Los Angeles Walks on August 13th as they walk you through our historic route.
From the event page: "WalkLAvia will start at the Port of Los Angeles Hub and follow the CicLAvia route. It will take us first through historic downtown San Pedro then south along the neighborhood's historic main drag, Pacific Avenue. We'll see turn of the century vernacular architecture along the route as well as the cute, historic downtown area with eateries and bars."
No bike is necessary to join this one. RSVP and get more information here.
Everyone's Hike will be meeting at the Cabrillo Beach Yacht Club and riding into the route together. From the event page:
"Color theme for this ride is GREEN.
Sunday, August 13th at 8:30AM
Meet Up location:
Cabrillo Beach Yacht Club
211 W 22nd Street
San Pedro, CA 90731
There's plenty of parking across the street.
There is no better way to see a city than from a bicycle.
There will also be new places to explore and for those who have attended our past rides... You know the drill!"
RSVP and learn more about Everyone's Hike here. Don't forget to wear green!
From Crafted: "Attention riders! If you are coming in from out of town to hit #CicLAvia, there are literally ACRES of free parking in and around CRAFTED! Park here or in Lot E/F across Miner St from us, meet up with other riders in our courtyard and head up to the Pacific Hub just two blocks west of us. May we suggest a beer at @BrouwerijWest when you get back?"
CicLAvia welcomes all to the event, and works to make each route accessible to all individuals. CicLAvia utilizes the infrastructure of the city of Los Angeles, so participants can enter or exit anywhere along the route, making use of city streets, ramps and sidewalks. When facilities are added to the route at hubs (restrooms, water areas), they are all ADA compliant. There are gradual inclines along each route and any portion deemed steep will have volunteers stationed to guide participants. While steep areas and congested areas are usually mandatory dismount zones, participants unable to dismount are not required to do so. Service animals are welcome.
The CicLAvia press event, location TBA soon, will be ASL interpreted.
Click below for detailed information:
Hubs are resting and meeting points along the route. Each hub has free basic bike repair, bike parking, an information booth, CicLAvia merchandise, free drinking water and ADA-compliant restrooms. Some hubs include additional programming and activities.
- Banning Park Hub - 522 East M Street, Wilmington, CA 90744
- Wilmington Waterfront Park Hub - 606 West C Street, Wilmington, CA 90744
- Port of LA Hub - 138 West 5th Street, San Pedro, CA 90731
- Pacific Avenue Hub - 2111 South Pacific Avenue, San Pedro, CA 90731
Mileage Between Hubs
Participants with mobility limitations are welcome to use motorized wheelchairs, scooters, pedal-assist bikes, and adaptive bicycles.
Catch a free pedicab ride—brought to you by AARP—to enjoy the adventure of CicLAvia. Pedicab stops are located at each hub's info booth, and will travel between hubs. Look for the pedicab stop sign at each hub’s information booth. Pedicabs are available on a first-come, first served basis. Riders must be able to step into or transfer into the pedicab.
These are flat, street-level parking areas that do not require the use of stairs, escalators or elevators. All lots are off the route.
# of ADA spots
|LADOT Lot 699||529 W 11th St, San Pedro, CA 90731||200 feet to route||Open air lot||2|
|LADOT Lot 641||462 W 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731||200 feet to route||Open air lot||4|
|LADOT Lot 647||474 W 8th St, San Pedro, CA 90731||175 feet to route||Open air lot||2|
|LADOT Lot 684||460 W 7th St, San Pedro, CA 90731||375 feet to route||Open air lot||4|
|LADOT Lot 766||528 W 7th St, San Pedro, CA 90731||200 feet to route||Open air lot||2|
|LADOT Lot 735||396 W 6th St, San Pedro, CA 90731||1 block to route||Open air lot||2|
|LADOT Lot 683||445 W 5th St, San Pedro, CA 90731||375 feet to route||Open air lot||2|
# of ADA spots
|LADOT Lot 696||835 Avalon Blvd, Wilmington, CA 90744||50 feet to route||Open air lot||1|
|LADOT Lot 650||928 Marine Ave, Wilmington, CA 90744||1 block to route||Open air lot||2|
Ports O' Call Access during CicLAvia:
CicLAvia is one of the largest open streets events in the country — a free event, open to all. At CicLAvia, streets are car-free for individuals and families to explore the city by foot, bike, and other forms of non- motorized transport. Is your business on or near the route? Here are some tips for engaging thousands of new potential customers!
Business Opportunity Flyer/ Folletos de Oportunidades Comerciales
What Will You See at CicLAvia?
- Tens of thousands of participants on car-free streets from all over the region eager to explore the neighborhood
- Happy people looking for their new favorite spot
- Safe, fun and family-oriented activities
- Police and Department of Transportation Officers responsible for traffic and crowd control along the route
- CicLAvia staff and volunteers on the route assisting participants with questions and concerns
- Restrooms, free water, first aid, trash/ recycling, bike parking and information booths at Hubs along the route
Take Advantage of the Thousands of Potential Customers Passing By Your Door!
- PLAN TO BE OPEN ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. Make your store- front visible with signs and banners.
- BRING YOUR BUSINESS OUTSIDE If you have permission to use the sidewalk in front of your business, feel free to bring products, music or seating outside. If you activate your sidewalk you must maintain a 4’ clearance for ADA access. (Please note: under the terms of CicLAvia’s permit, no stationary objects are allowed in the street.)
- GET FEATURED ON THE CICLAVIA DIGITAL MAP. Businesses that offer a special CicLAvia discount can be listed for free on our interactive digital map, see below for details to join the CicLAvia Savings program.
- HELP GET THE WORD OUT IN ADVANCE. Put up a CicLAvia poster or give CicLAvia postcards to your customers! Contact [email protected] for more information and suggestions.
Participate in the CicLAvia Savings Program
Is Your Business on the Route? Encourage participants to stop by on the day of the event by offering a special discount to CicLAvia participants. We’ll highlight your family-friendly business* for free on the CicLAvia website, subject to approval. Follow these guidelines to join:
- Offer discount on day of CicLAvia during all business hours.
- Send the name of your business, discount offer, business address, and website link (if available) to [email protected] or call 213.355.8500 by Monday August 7. Include name, email, and contact information for your business.
*e.g. restaurants, movie theaters, toy stores, clothing shops, hair salons, banks.
How Will Car Access & Parking Be Handled?
- PLEASE BE AWARE that all drive- ways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 7:00am on Sunday, August 13.
- If your vehicle is parked in your drive- way and you need to use it after 7:00am on August 13, please park elsewhere as the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6:00pm. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route during this time.
- Street closures begin at 6:00am, with full route closures in place by 7:00am. The event runs from 9:00am–4:00pm, and streets will be fully open to cars by approximately 6:00pm.
- Cars can cross the route at selected major streets (see map). Pedestrian crossings will also be available along the route to give people access to businesses and buildings on both sides of the street. All other cross streets will be closed at the route. Streets adjacent to the route will remain open to local access for residents and businesses.
- NO PARKING allowed on the route after 1:00am on Sunday, August 13, 2017. Parking restrictions will be posted and towing will be enforced.
- Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood
- If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8:00pm on Saturday, August 12 through 6:00pm on Sunday, August 13. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia, 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
Live/Work Along the Route
If you live/work along the route and would like more information about how CicLAvia will affect your neighborhood on August 13, please download the CicLAvia route notification flyer. The flyer has information about the streets that will be closed, parking restriction and parking options for residents and employees of local businesses.
The route will be closed to vehicles from 7:00am to approximately 6:00pm on Sunday, August 13.
Click here to view the LADOT traffic plans for detailed street closure information.
NO PARKING will be allowed from 1:00am–6:00pm on Sunday, August 13 on the CicLAvia route. Parking restrictions will be enforced and vehicles will be towed beginning at 1:00am. Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood.
NO VEHICLES are allowed on the route between 7:00am and approximately 6:00pm. There are crossing points at several intersections where vehicles can cross along route.
Please be aware that all driveways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 8:00am on Sunday, August 13. If your vehicle is parked in your driveway and you need to use it after 7:00am on August 13, please park elsewhere as the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6:00pm. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route during this time.
All buses that usually run along the CicLAvia route will be detoured. Please check our bus detour info page and your local bus stop for detour information.
If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8:00pm on Saturday, August 12 through 6:00pm on Sunday, August 13. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia, 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
On Sunday August 13 CicLAvia - San Pedro meets Wilmington presented by Metro will remove cars from certain streets in San Pedro and Wilmington and open them up for people to walk, skate, bike, play, and explore from 9am–4pm.
Join us for two community meetings to learn about street closures, business opportunities, family activities, volunteer positions and more:
Getting to the Route & Parking
- LADOT Lot 699 - 529 W 11th St, San Pedro, CA 90731. 200 feet to route. Open air lot.
- LADOT Lot 641 - 462 W 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731. 200 feet to route. Open air lot.
- LADOT Lot 647 - 474 W 8th St, San Pedro, CA 90731. 175 feet to route. Open air lot.
LADOT Lot 684 - 460 W 7th St, San Pedro, CA 90731. 375 feet to route. Open air lot.
- LADOT Lot 766 - 528 W 7th St, San Pedro, CA 90731. 200 feet to route. Open air lot.
- LADOT Lot 735 - 396 W 6th St, San Pedro, CA 90731. 1 block to route. Open air lot.
- LADOT Lot 683 - 445 W 5th St, San Pedro, CA 90731. 375 feet to route. Open air lot.
- LADOT Lot 696 - 835 Avalon Blvd, Wilmington, CA 90744. 50 feet to route. Open air lot.
- LADOT Lot 650 - 928 Marine Ave, Wilmington, CA 90744. 1 block to route. Open air lot.
Check your bus stop on Saturday, August 12 for posted signs outlining specific detours for your stop.
The LA Waterfront Trolley will be running every 20 minutes in a continuous loop surrounding the CicLAvia route! Click here to view the trolly route map!