CicLAvia is returning to the Valley on Sunday, June 24th! Panorama City, Arleta and Pacoima will host the country's largest open streets event. Streets will be closed to cars and open for cyclists, pedestrians, runners and skaters to use as a recreational space!
Planning a feeder ride or walk and want to add it to our site? Email [email protected]ciclavia.org!
New to CicLAvia? Here are some things you need to know for June 24th:
- CicLAvia is FREE!
- CicLAvia lasts from 9 AM until 4 PM
- CicLAvia closes streets to car traffic and opens them for people to walk, skate, bike, play, and explore parts of Los Angeles.
- CicLAvia is not a race! There's no starting point or finish line - begin where you like and enjoy the day your way.
- CicLAvia traffic flows in two directions, just like regular traffic. Check out some more safety tips.
Questions or Concerns
General event information: please contact CicLAvia at 213.355.8500 or [email protected]
For concerns regarding the street closure permit, please reach out to the City of Los Angeles: 213.847.6000
Live/Work Along the Route
If you live/work along the route and would like more information about how CicLAvia will affect your neighborhood on Sunday, June 24th, please download the CicLAvia route notification flyer. The flyer has information about the streets that will be closed, parking restriction and parking options for residents and employees of local businesses.
The route will be closed to vehicles from 7:00am to approximately 6:00pm on Sunday, June 24th.
NO PARKING will be allowed from 1:00am–6:00pm on Sunday, June 24th on the CicLAvia route. Parking restrictions will be enforced and vehicles will be towed beginning at 1:00am. Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood.
NO VEHICLES are allowed on the route between 7:00am and approximately 6:00pm. There are crossing points at several intersections where vehicles can cross along route.
Driveway access: PLEASE BE AWARE that all driveways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 7:00am on Sunday, June 24th and vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route from 7:00am to approximately 6:00pm. If your vehicle is parked in your driveway and you need to use it after 7:00am on Sunday, June 24th, please park off the route or the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6:00pm.
All buses that usually run along the CicLAvia route will be detoured. Please check our bus detour info page and your local bus stop for detour information. You can view the bus detour list and map by clicking here.
If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8:00pm on Saturday, June 23rd through 6:00pm on Sunday, June 24th. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia, 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
CicLAvia is one of the largest open streets events in the country - a free event, open to all. At CicLAvia, streets are car-free for individuals and families to explore the city by foot, bike, and other forms of non-motorized transport. Is your business on or near the route? Here are some tips for engaging thousands of new potential customers!
Business Opportunity Flyer/ Folletos de Oportunidades Comerciales
What Will You See at CicLAvia?
- Tens of thousands of participants on car-free streets from all over the region eager to explore the neighborhood
- Happy people looking for their new favorite spot
- Safe, fun and family-oriented activities
- Police and Department of Transportation Officers responsible for traffic and crowd control along the route
- CicLAvia staff and volunteers on the route assisting participants with questions and concerns
- Restrooms, free water, first aid, trash/ recycling, bike parking and information booths at Hubs along the route
Take Advantage of the Thousands of Potential Customers Passing By Your Door!
- PLAN TO BE OPEN ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. Make your store- front visible with signs and banners.
- BRING YOUR BUSINESS OUTSIDE If you have permission to use the sidewalk in front of your business, feel free to bring products, music or seating outside. If you activate your sidewalk you must maintain a 4’ clearance for ADA access. (Please note: under the terms of CicLAvia’s permit, no stationary objects are allowed in the street.)
- GET FEATURED ON THE CICLAVIA DIGITAL MAP. Businesses that offer a special CicLAvia discount can be listed for free on our interactive digital map, see below for details to join the CicLAvia Savings program.
- HELP GET THE WORD OUT IN ADVANCE. Put up a CicLAvia poster or give CicLAvia postcards to your customers! Contact [email protected] for more information and suggestions.
Participate in the CicLAvia Savings Program
Is Your Business on the Route? Encourage participants to stop by on the day of the event by offering a special discount to CicLAvia participants. We’ll highlight your family-friendly business* for free on the CicLAvia website, subject to approval. Follow these guidelines to join:
- Offer discount on day of CicLAvia during all business hours.
- Send the name of your business, discount offer, business address, photo, and website link (if available) to [email protected] or call 213.355.8500 by Monday, June 18th. Include name, email, and contact information for your business.
*e.g. restaurants, movie theaters, toy stores, clothing shops, hair salons, banks.
How Will Car Access & Parking Be Handled?
- PLEASE BE AWARE that all drive- ways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 7:00am on Sunday, June 24th.
- If your vehicle is parked in your drive- way and you need to use it after 7:00am on June 24th, please park elsewhere as the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6:00pm. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route during this time.
- Street closures begin at 6:00am, with full route closures in place by 7:00am. The event runs from 9:00am–4:00pm, and streets will be fully open to cars by approximately 6:00pm.
- Cars can cross the route at selected major streets (see map). Pedestrian crossings will also be available along the route to give people access to businesses and buildings on both sides of the street. All other cross streets will be closed at the route. Streets adjacent to the route will remain open to local access for residents and businesses.
- NO PARKING allowed on the route after 1:00am on Sunday, June 24th. Parking restrictions will be posted and towing will be enforced.
- Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood
- If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8:00pm on Saturday, June 23rd through 6:00pm on Sunday, June 24. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia, 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
All buses along the CicLAvia route (lines 158, 167, 233 and 744) will be detoured during the event street closure hours (6 am to 6 pm). Check your bus stop on Saturday, June 23rd for posted signs outlining specific detours for your stop.
Click here to see the bus detour notice.
Click here to see the bus detour stops.
Click here to download the bus detour map.
On Sunday, June 24th Van Nuys Blvd will be fully closed to car traffic between Roscoe Blvd. and San Fernando Rd. There will be no parking or vehicles access on Van Nuys Blvd between 7 am and 6 pm. To learn more about the street closures you can view our notification flyer by clicking here.
Please note that the CicLAvia event hours are 9 am to 4 pm but the street closures will be in effect from 7 am to approximately 6 pm. Click here to download the route map.
On Sunday, June 24, CicLAvia The Valley will remove cars from certain streets in Panorama City, Arleta and Pacoima, and open them up for people to walk, skate, bike, play, and explore from 9am–4pm.
Join us for a community meeting to learn about street closures, business opportunities, family activities, volunteer positions and more:
Activities Along the Route
Remember to pick up a field guide at any hub on Sunday, June 24th for a hard copy map & list of activities!
Click on a hub location below to see the activities taking place there on Sunday, June 24th
All Hubs will have restrooms, free water, food trucks free basic bike repair, bike parking, and first aid.
Catch a free pedicab ride—brought to you by AARP—to experience the adventure of CicLAvia in a whole new way! Pedicab stops are available at each info booth - just look for the sign!
- Leave your mark on a community art bike by CicLAvia x Pure Cycles
- Stop by the Metro Outreach Booth to play fun games, win Metro swag, check out a Metro bus and chat with Metro Planning Staff about Metro’s various projects and programs.
- Relax in the AARP play zone while catching up over vintage board games.
- Plug into the phone charging station at the LADWP Solar Trailer and let the sun repower your phone.
- Complete the kids bike safety skills course and get a free helmet courtesy of CicLAvia (while supplies last).
- Councilwoman Nury Martinez's booth will host a DJ and information about the neighborhood!
- Come ‘Picture yourself at the Bowl’ with the LA Phil team. Stop by for a photo op at the bowl, download the Hollywood Bowl app, and get a free limited edition 100% recycled tote bag!
Street Poets will be on-site with their Poetry in Motion Van, a mobile performance venue and recording studio,
empowering people of all ages and backgrounds to express themselves on the page and on the mic.
- Come enjoy the wonders of literacy at Councilwoman Nury Martinez’s pop-up reading
corner! Listen to a children’s story and grab a book. Co-sponsored by the Kiwanis Literacy Club.
- Relax and enjoy your lunch on the lawn at the Mid Valley Intergenerational Multipurpose Center.
- Check out the latest in folding bikes from TERN.
- Stop by the Thousand Safety Checkpoint to get your helmet fitted, check your brakes, tire pressure
and saddle height, and learn other bike safety tips.
- Does your child need a helmet? Stop by the California Highway Patrol booth and get fitted for a free kids helmet (while supplies last).
- Join The Skateside to learn basic skateboarding skills on Keen Ramps.
- Visit the LA Ranger Troca, a food truck turned mobile visitor center for the Santa Monica Mountains. Learn more about the National Parks Services programs, then scale their 25’ rock wall.
- Sign up for a free Los Angeles Public Library card and keep an eye out for the roaming Book Bike. Free books will be given to people with library cards.
Near the Pacoima Hub:
- Councilwoman Monica Rodriguez (7th District of Los Angeles) is excited to welcome visitors to Pacoima City Hall. We are partnering with Las Fotos Project, ArTES Magnet, Streets Are For Everyone (SAFE), the San Fernando Valley Derby League, and other local artists on activities for the whole family. We’ll even have a doggy friendly play area in our courtyard. Stay after CicLAvia for performances featuring the Gr818ers & Las Joyas Divinas, followed by the screening of Breakin’ at Sundown!
- The Arts Incubator by Pacoima Beautiful (13456 Van Nuys Blvd) will be hosting a day of activities! Stop by for a light breakfast with the Artists-in-Residence from 9–10am. Participate in a community mural project, check out the Clean Energy Art exhibit, enjoy live music, or go on a student-led tour of Mural Mile. Follow @pacartsincubator for a full schedule of activities.
CicLAvia welcomes all to the event, and works to make each route accessible to all individuals. CicLAvia utilizes the existing infrastructure of each City, so participants can enter or exit anywhere along the route, making use of city streets, ramps and sidewalks. When facilities are added to the route at hubs (restrooms, water areas), they are all ADA compliant. There are gradual inclines along each route and any portion deemed steep will have volunteers stationed to guide participants. While steep areas and congested areas are usually mandatory dismount zones, participants unable to dismount are not required to do so. Service animals are welcome.
Click below for detailed information:
Hubs are resting and meeting points along the route. Each hub has free basic bike repair, bike parking, an information booth, CicLAvia merchandise, free drinking water and ADA-compliant restrooms. Some hubs include additional programming and activities.
- Panorama City Hub - 8309 Van Nuys Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 91402
- Arleta Hub - 9540 Van Nuys Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 91402
- Pacoima Hub - 13327 Van Nuys Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 91331
Mileage Between Hubs
This route is mostly flat with a very small gradual incline. Participants will may be asked to dismount at each hub.
Participants with mobility limitations are welcome to use motorized wheelchairs, scooters, pedal-assist bikes, and adaptive bicycles.
Catch a free pedicab ride—brought to you by AARP—to enjoy the adventure of CicLAvia. Pedicab stops are located at each hub's info booth, and will travel between hubs. Look for the pedicab stop sign at each hub’s information booth. Pedicabs are available on a first-come, first served basis. Riders must be able to step into or transfer into the pedicab.
To find out more information about getting to the route please click here.
There are no designated parking lots along this route but there is street parking in the neighborhood surrounding the route. Please make sure to read all posted parking restrictions.
Getting to the Route & Parking
Click below for directions to the route:
Bike Shuttles between Metro Red Line North Hollywood Station and Panorama City Hub (Van Nuys Blvd @ Roscoe):
CicLAvia has arranged Bike Shuttles (courtesy of East Valley Transit Partners) between the Metro Red Line North Hollywood Station and the Panorama City hub at CicLAvia. Look for shuttle pick up/drop off signs at each location.
Bike shuttles will run every hour on the hour from the Metro Red Line North Hollywood Station to the Panorama City Hub between 9 am and 3 pm. Click here to view shuttle schedule and pick up/drop off information.
Bike shuttles will run every hour on the half hour from the Panorama City Hub to the Metro Red Line North Hollywood Station between 9:30 am to 3:30 pm. Click here to view the shuttle schedule and pick up/drop off information.
Ride your bike from the Metro Red Line North Hollywood Station to CicLAvia:
To get to the Panorama City Hub ride west down Chandler Blvd. After passing Coldwater Canyon Ave, turn right onto the Orange Line Busway Bike Path. Turn right onto Woodman Ave and make a left on Roscoe Blvd until you reach Van Nuys Blvd. The Panorama City Hub will be on Van Nuys blvd just north of Roscoe. Total trip is 7.3 miles.
Click here to view the Metrolink schedule for the Antelope Valley line from Union Station to the Sylmar/San Fernando Station.
To get to the Pacoima Hub ride southeast on Village Way Drive and turn toward Mission City Trail. Continue on Mission City Trail, then Turn right onto Wolfskill St. Turn left onto San Fernando Road bike path until you reach Van Nuys Blvd and then turn right. The Pacoima hub is on Van Nuys Blvd and Ilex Ave. Total trip is 2.5 miles)
Street parking is recommended, as there are no large garages or lots in the area.
Make sure to read all posted street signs!