CicLAvia is a 501(c)3 non-profit that catalyzes vibrant public spaces, active transportation and good health through car-free streets. CicLAvia engages with people to transform our relationship with our communities and with each other.
CicLAvia es una organización 501 (c) 3 sin fines de lucro que cataliza los espacios públicos vibrantes, el transporte activo y la buena salud mediante las calles libres de coches. CicLAvia interacciona con el pueblo para transformar nuestra relación con nuestras comunidades y unos con otros.
Inspired by Bogotá’s weekly ciclovía, CicLAvia temporarily closes streets to car traffic and opens them to Los Angelenos to use as a public park. Free for all, CicLAvia connects communities to each other across an expansive city, creating a safe place to bike, walk, skate, roll, and dance through Los Angeles.
- Over 1 million people have experienced CicLAvia. It's the biggest open streets event in the USA!
- Participants represent 80% of the population of the City of Los Angeles.
- CicLAvia has created over 110 miles of open streets.
- CicLAvia has been opening streets across Los Angeles county since 2010. We've traversed 110 miles across the The San Fernando Valley, Culver City, Venice, Mar Vista, Wilshire Blvd., Koreatown, MacArthur Park, South LA, Echo Park, Chinatown, Little Tokyo, Boyle Heights, Historic Downtown, East LA, and Pasadena.
- In 2016, CicLAvia will host open streets events in the Valley, the Southeast Cities, Wilshire Blvd., and in the Heart of LA.
- CicLAvia has five times more people using its temporary park space during event day than are using all of the other parks in the city of Los Angeles combined.
- CicLAvia has impacted local and regional transportation policy related to pedestrians and bikes.
- CicLAvia improves air quality by reducing ultrafine particles in the air by over 20 percent.