CicLAvia is seeking to hire for an important position to join the leadership team. The position - Director of Development - will play a critical role in meeting and growing CicLAvia’s fundraising goals, with a particular focus on building small and major donor campaigns and strategies. The Development Director will transform CicLAvia fans into supporters of the organization. Working closely with the Executive Director and the Board, the Development Director implements CicLAvia’s development goals by 1) building a robust and scalable annual giving and small gifts program; and 2) developing a portfolio of medium/major gift prospects, targeting individuals, foundations and corporate donors.
In order to succeed, the Director of Development must be a dynamic, creative, and engaging fundraiser who can use effective techniques to articulate a clear and compelling and targeted case for supporting CicLAvia’s transformative mission.
CicLAvia, Inc. is a non-profit organization that catalyzes vibrant public spaces, active transportation and good health through car-free streets. CicLAvia engages with people to transform our relationship with our communities and with each other. CicLAvia makes the streets safe for people to walk, skate, play and ride a bike. CicLAvia produces 4+ car free street events each year throughout the City of Los Angeles in LA County, and creates the largest open streets events in North America. More than 1.3 million people have experienced the joy and community of a CicLAvia event. We have a large, engaged, and enthusiastic social media following and email list.
Responsibilities and Duties
The duties of the Director of Development will include developing and implementing development strategies, cultivating individual donors and sponsorship partners, and grant research/writing. The ideal candidate will have positive enthusiasm and experience in innovative individual donor (small and major gifts) campaigns that produce tangible results.
The development director will design, develop and implement our gift program and will be responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with existing major gift prospects, as well as identifying new prospects.
- Convert CicLAvia fans into supporters.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and meet an annual fundraising goal in a $1.8 million annual organizational budget.
- Create and implement small and major gifts campaign strategy that will serve as a foundational communication and marketing plan for donors and supporters.
- Secure small & major gifts at the $100 to $5,000+ level with the goal of raising $200,000 annually with the small/major gifts campaign.
- Work with the CicLAvia board to increase their fundraising capacity.
- Work with program staff to develop strategic and targeted funding pitch decks.
Work with program staff to identify and secure funding resources for high priority projects as outlined in the strategic plan.
- Serve as a highly effective and trusted ambassador of the organization and its mission.
- Create monthly reports that accurately reflect activity and progress towards goals.
- Generate new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty
- A deep, enthusiastic passion for the mission of CicLAvia and its commitment to create transformative experiences that build community and connections with people and their city.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated fundraising success on the frontlines fundraising from individuals, foundations, corporations and public grants and contracts.
- Experience in digital platforms for fundraising.
- A committed leader capable of managing diverse teams to reach a common goal.
- Enthusiastic about finding creative solutions and opens doors to new donor relationships.
- Positivity, strong interpersonal and motivational skills, including ease and skill in conveying the mission of CicLAvia.
- Ability to attend program and fundraising activities on evenings and weekends.
- Spanish fluency strongly preferred
- College degree from an accredited four-year university preferred, Master’s Degree in nonprofit administration and management a plus.
- Submit cover letter and resume to: Romel Pascual, Executive Director – CicLAvia.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: May 1, 2018