CicLAvia - Culver City Meets Venice presented by Metro
CicLAvia heads back to one of our fan-favorite routes for the first event of 2017! On March 26, Culver City, Mar Vista, and Venice will host the country’s largest open streets event! Streets will be closed to cars and open for cyclists, pedestrians, runners and skaters to use as a recreational space.
Planning a feeder ride or walk and want to add it to our site? Email email@example.com!
New to CicLAvia? Here are some things you need to know for March 26:
- CicLAvia is FREE!
- CicLAvia lasts from 9 AM until 4 PM
- CicLAvia closes streets to car traffic and opens them for people to walk, skate, bike, play, and explore parts of Los Angeles.
- CicLAvia is not a race! There's no starting point or finish line - begin where you like and enjoy the day your way.
- CicLAvia traffic flows in two directions, just like regular traffic. Check out some more safety tips.
Questions or Concerns
General event information: please contact CicLAvia at 213.355.8500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For concerns regarding the Culver City street closure permit, contact the Culver City Engineering Division at 310.253.5600.
For concerns regarding the Los Angeles street closure permit, contact LA Bureau of Street Services, Investigation and Enforcement Division, Special Events at 213.847.6000.
Live/Work Along the Route
If you live/work along the route and would like more information about how CicLAvia will affect your neighborhood on March 26, please download the CicLAvia route notification flyer. The flyer has information about the streets that will be closed, parking restriction and parking options for residents and employees of local businesses.
The route will be closed to vehicles from 8:00am to approximately 6:00pm on Sunday, March 26.
NO PARKING will be allowed from 1:00am–6:00pm on Sunday, March 26 on Wilshire Blvd between Grand Ave and Western Ave. Parking restrictions will be enforced and vehicles will be towed beginning at 1:00am. Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood.
NO VEHICLES are allowed on the route between 8:00am and approximately 6:00pm. There are crossing points at several intersections where vehicles can cross along route .
Please be aware that all driveways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 8:00am on Sunday, March 26. If your vehicle is parked in your driveway and you need to use it after 8:00am on March 26, please park elsewhere as the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6:00pm. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route during this time.
All buses that usually run along the CicLAvia route will be detoured. Please check ciclavia.org and bus stops for detour information closer to the event date.
If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8:00pm on Saturday, March 25 through 6:00pm on Sunday, March 26. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia, 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
Getting to the Route & Parking
Click on an item below for more information on getting to the CicLAvia route and parking:
This CicLAvia, why not Go Metro? You can use this helpful Metro Trip Planner to coordinate your route!
Downtown Culver City
- Cardiff Parking Structure - 3846 Cardiff Ave. Culver City, CA 90232
- Culver Medical Plaza Public Parking - 3831 Hughes Ave. Culver City, CA 90232
- INCE Parking Structure - 9099 Washington Blvd. Culver City CA 90232
- Watseka Parking - 3844 Watseka Ave. Culver City, CA 90232
Marina del Rey
- Via Marina & Marquesas Way - 14130 Marquesas Way Marina del Rey, CA 90292
- California and Electric (Lot 616) - 1301 S. Electric Ave. Venice, CA 90291
- Dell and Venice (Lot 701) - 2150 Dell Ave. Venice, CA 90291
- Milwood and Electric (Lot 617) - 1511 Electric Ave. Venice, CA 90291
- Imperial Parking Industries - 42 N. Venice Blvd. Venice, CA 90291
- Pacific and 17th - 1682 Pacific Ave. Venice, CA 90291
- Pacific and Windward (Lot 761) - 1608 S Pacific Ave. Venice, CA 90291
- Pisani and Venice (Lot 613) - 2010 S Pisani Place Venice, CA 90291
- Rose and Navy - 299 Ocean Front Walk Venice, CA 90291
- Speedway and Market - 28 Market St. Venice, CA 90291
- Speedway and Sunset Ct. - 607 Speedway Venice, CA 90291
- Speedway and Venice - 5 N. Venice Blvd. Venice, CA 90291
- Speedway and Windward - 31 Windward Ave. Venice, CA 90291
- Venice and Pacific (Lot 731) - 200 N. Venice Blvd. Venice, CA 90291
- Venice Beach Parking - 2108 Pacific Ave. Venice, CA 90291
- Washington Blvd. / Venice Pier - 1 W. Washington Blvd. Venice, CA 90291
Enjoy a Safe CicLAvia
Need Help on the Route?
Law Enforcement & Emergency Personnel: The Los Angeles Police Department provides a strong security presence at CicLAvia. In addition, there are emergency medical technicians stationed at each Hub, and other response personnel are available along the route.
In case of an accident, go to the nearest Hub to report it to CicLAvia staff. If you are between Hubs, look for the nearest uniformed officer or responder, or CicLAvia staff member.
If you notice any suspicious activity or a suspicious package, immediately report it to the nearest CicLAvia staff member or uniformed officer.
At CicLAvia, the safety and well being of our participants is our primary concern. We work closely with local authorities to provide as safe and secure an environment as possible. We also partner with other local agencies that provide additional security elements along the route and at public transit locations.
Contact Staff & Volunteers: CicLAvia staff can be identified by the bright blue CicLAvia t-shirt with yellow lettering that says STAFF on the back. CicLAvia volunteers can be identified by the bright yellow CicLAvia t-shirt with blue lettering that says VOLUNTEER on the back.
Staff members and volunteers can assist with you with finding the answers to questions and with helping to find the right person to respond to emergencies. If you are missing a member of your party, have been in a minor accident or have been part of an incident, please contact staff at the nearest CicLAvia Hub. This is often the fastest way to ensure police officers or emergency personnel respond to the situation rapidly and effectively.
Want to ride a bike, rollerblades, or skateboard on CicLAvia but don't own one? No problem. Here are several bike & skate shops that we know of that offer rentals. Be sure to call ahead and pay for your reservation in advance, because rentals definitely sell out.
P.S. Bikes are not required to participate! You can walk, run, skate, scooter, dance, and more!
Rent a Bike for CicLAvia
Near the Route
- Synaptic Cycles - Los Angeles road bike rentals, delivered to your door for free. (310) 925-3969
- Abba Padre - 4219 Sepulveda Blvd. #A, Culver City, CA 90230; (310) 390-5203
- Palms Cycle - 3770 Motor Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90034; (310) 838- 9644
- LA Brakeless - 12220 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90066; (310) 313-6300
- The Recyclist Bike Shop - 12220 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90066; (310) 864-3780
- Spokes N Stuff - The Inn at Venice Beach, 327 Washington Blvd, Venice, CA 90291; (310) 439-7276
- Jays Rentals Venice Beach - 1501 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291; (310) 392-7306
- Boardwalk Skate & Surf - 201 1/2 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291; (310) 450-6634
- Venice Bike & Skates - 21 Washington Blvd., Venice, CA 90292; (310) 301-4011. First come, first served.
- Perry's Cafe -3100 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90292; (310) 823-6730. Venice Beach at end of Washington Blvd.
- Perry's Cafe - 2500 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90293; (310) 823-1453. Venice Beach at end of North Venice Blvd.
- The Bicycle Whisperer - 724 Vernon Ct., Venice, CA 90291; (310) 612-1409
- Bike Curious Rentals - 34 Windward Ave., Venice, CA 90291 ; Call or text (310) 702-2823
- Bike Station Long Beach- 223 E 1st Street, Long Beach, CA 90802; (562) 436-2453
- 404 Bike Sales & Rentals - 3329 E 4th Street, Long Beach, CA 90814; (562) 343-1411
- Velo Pacific - 5470 E 2nd Street, Long Beach, CA, 90803; (562) 433-5801
- Wheel Fun Rentals - 429 Shoreline Village Dr. Ste G, Long Beach, CA 90802; (562) 951-3857
- Alfredo's Beach Shack - 2630 E Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90803; (562) 253-5234
- Santa Monica Bike Center - 1555 2nd Street, Unit A, Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 656-8500
- Spokes N Stuff - 1700 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 3995-4748
- Cynergy Cycles - 2300 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90404; (310) 857-1500
- WestSide Bicycles - 700 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 576-9900
- Santa Monica Beach Bicycle Rentals - 1428 4th St., Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 428-5337
- Bike Attack Santa Monica - 2400 Main St., Santa Monica, CA 90405; (310) 581-8014
- Bicycle Ambulance - 2212 Lincoln Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405; (310) 395-5026
- Blazing Saddles - 320 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 393-9778
- Bikes and Hikes LA - 8250 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90046; (323) 796-8555. Rentals include helmet, safety vest, lock and map of LA.
Marina Del Ray
- Daniel's Bike Rentals - Fisherman's Village, 13737 Fiji Way, Marina Del Ray, CA 90292; (310) 980-4045
- Marina Electric Bikes & Beach Cruisers - 3111 Ocean Front Walk, Marina Del Ray, CA 90292; (310) 301-2453. Beach cruisers available for rent: call a day in advance.
Throughout LA County
Downtown / Central LA
- Just Ride L.A. - 1626 S. Hill Street (at Venice Blvd), Los Angeles, CA 90015; (213) 745-6783. In order to ensure availability, please reserve up to 3 days in advance. Also offers locks and helmets.
- DTLA Bikes - 425 S. Broadway (at 4th St), Los Angeles, CA 90013; (213) 533-8000 Fleet of 200+ bikes ready to ride! Also offers helmets.
- El Maestro Bicycle Shop - 806 S. Main St., Los Angeles, CA 90014; (213) 627-0580
- LA Golden Bicycles – 4001 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010; (213) 739-9911
- I. Martin Bicycles - 8330 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90048; (323) 653-6900
- Speedworkz - 3110 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90026; (323) 369-9036
- Coco’s Variety Store - 2427 Riverside Drive., Silverlake; (323) 664-7400
Metro Bikeshare is live in DTLA! 60 + Metro Bike Share stations are located all over downtown; download the Metro Bike app to locate a station near you!
- Flying Pigeon - 3714 N. Figueroa (at Marmion Way), Highland Park; (213) 909-8986
- Lincoln Heights Cycle, 3422 N Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90031; (323) 221-2670
- Bike Oven, 3706 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90065; (626) 357-6799
- Bicycle Doctor, 5003 York Blvd, Highland Park, CA 90042; (323) 259-3131
- Raffi's Bicycles, 5509 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90042; (323) 474-6340
- Ryky’s Bike Shop, 2424 Daly St, Los Angeles, CA 90031; (213) 703-8909
- Spokes N Stuff - Griffith Park Ranger Station, 4730 Crystal Springs Ave., Griffith Park, CA 90027; (323) 662-6573
San Gabriel Valley
- Pasadena Cyclery, 1670 E Walnut St, Pasadena, CA 91106; (626) 795-2866
- Incycle Bicycles, 175 S Fair Oaks Ave, Pasadena, CA 91105; (626) 577-0440
- Velo Pasadena Inc, 2562 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91107; (626) 304-0064
- Jones Bicycles II, 2523 Huntington Dr., San Marino, CA 91108; (626) 793-4227
- Helen's Cycles Beverly - 8330 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048; (323) 653-6900
- Labrea Bike Works - 5850 W 3rd St., Los Angeles, CA 90036; (323) 285-1655
- Beverly Hills Bike Shop - 10546 West Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90064; (310) 275-2453
- Bikecology - 9006 W. Pico Blvd., West Los Angeles, CA 90035; (310) 278-0915
- Bike Improve - 10929 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025; (310) 400-0363
- Helen's Cycles: Westwood Village - 1071 Gayley Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90024; (310) 208-8988
- UCLA Bike Shop - 2131 John Wooden Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095; (310) 206-7219
San Fernando Valley
- Van's Cyclery - 11407 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood, CA 91606; (818) 760-6960. Call a few days in advance to rent a bike - limited quantities available.
- Retro Xpress Bicycles - 14503 Victory Blvd., Van Nuys, CA 91401; (818) 200-9463.
- Wheel Fun Rentals - 6300 Balboa Blvd. Van Nuys, CA 91316; (818) 212-4263. A wide range of bikes are available including cruisers, choppers, tandems and surreys.
- LA Bike Adventures - 7736 Amestoy Ave, Van Nuys, CA 91406; (818) 826-2011. Mountain bikes and gravel bikes (can be converted into road bikes)
The following are not permitted at CicLAvia, due to LA City law:
- unauthorized solicitation
- alcoholic beverages
- narcotics or illegal drugs
- bathing in pools or fountains
- damage to property
- feeding animals
- firecrackers or explosives
- littering (including pet waste)
- public intoxication
- unauthorized driving or parking
- unauthorized vending
- unleashed animals
How to CicLAvia
CicLAvia provides the chance for participants to enjoy a fun day connecting with their fellow Angelenos and their city in a whole new way. Participants are welcome to walk, bike, skate, run...any people-powered form of transport is allowed! CicLAvia works hard to provide a safe and secure environment for all participants. By familiarizing yourself with the following information, you can help to make CicLAvia a great event for everyone.
Timing your trip
CicLAvia lasts from 9:00am–4:00pm. Please budget your time accordingly. Make sure you return to your point of origin or final destination by 4:00pm to avoid car traffic when the route reopens.
Share the Road
Cars are not allowed at CicLAvia, but any other form of non-motorized transportation is. Be aware of how people around you are traveling – biking, walking, skating, etc. – and respect their right to the road.
Police, transit officers, and CicLAvia volunteers will be at crossing intersections to monitor the flow of CicLAvia and car traffic. Riders and pedestrians must stop at car and pedestrian intersections when told to do so.
Please monitor your speed going down a hill. Also stay within the speed of the flow of traffic when it is too congested to pass.
There are often mandatory dismount locations. There will be signs at the dismount locations and volunteers instructing riders to dismount.
Biking with Children
Our friends at REI have a comprehensive information and video page about biking with children. Please take the time to review this information if you plan to enjoy CicLAvia with a child.
Helmets for Children
All children 18 and under are required by law to wear a helmet if they are on a bike, scooter, skateboard, skates or other type of geared or wheeled-transportation.
Kids Zones will offer fun bike and pedestrian safety workshops and other exciting activities.
Experienced Riders Recommended
CicLAvia is not an ideal place to teach a child, or an adult, how to ride due to the heavy flow of bike, board, and pedestrian traffic. While we encourage participants of all ages and skill levels, we strongly suggest that children and all participants learn the basics of bike riding before participating on the CicLAvia route.
Rain or Shine
CicLAvia will go on, rain or shine!
Here are a few things to remember when riding or skating in wet conditions.
Slow down. It’s easier to lose traction, especially in turns, when the road is wet. Avoid sharp turns and high speed turns so your bike won’t slide out from under you.
Skidding is more likely when the road is wet. Modulate your braking to avoid a skid.
Give yourself extra time and distance to stop.
Rim brake users, remember your rims are wet so it takes a little longer for your brake pads to catch. Pumping your brakes will help.
Be more cautious on (or avoid) surfaces that are extra slippery when wet: metal plates, manhole covers, train tracks, storm grates, and street “paint”.
Avoid riding through standing water or piles of wet leaves, which might conceal road defects.
Visibility is reduced when it’s raining. Wear bright, reflective clothing and use front and rear lights to help you see and be seen (even during the day).
Tips from our good friends at LA County Bicycle Coalition