CicLAvia - Culver City Meets Venice presented by Metro
CicLAvia heads back to one of our fan-favorite routes for the first event of 2017! On March 26, Culver City, Mar Vista, and Venice will host the country’s largest open streets event! Streets will be closed to cars and open for cyclists, pedestrians, runners and skaters to use as a recreational space.
The CicLAvia press event will take place at 8:30am at the intersection of Main St. and Culver Blvd. in Downtown Culver City. Join us and pick up your free commemorative "CicLAvia is for neighbors" button!
Planning a feeder ride or walk and want to add it to our site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
New to CicLAvia? Here are some things you need to know for March 26:
- CicLAvia is FREE!
- CicLAvia lasts from 9 AM until 4 PM
- CicLAvia closes streets to car traffic and opens them for people to walk, skate, bike, play, and explore parts of Los Angeles.
- CicLAvia is not a race! There's no starting point or finish line - begin where you like and enjoy the day your way.
- CicLAvia traffic flows in two directions, just like regular traffic. Check out some more safety tips.
Questions or Concerns
General event information: please contact CicLAvia at 213.355.8500 or email@example.com
For concerns regarding the Culver City street closure permit, contact the Culver City Engineering Division at 310.253.5600.
For concerns regarding the Los Angeles street closure permit, contact LA Bureau of Street Services, Investigation and Enforcement Division, Special Events at 213.847.6000.
Enter the free CicLAvia drawing on March 26 at any hub!
- Tern Bicycles
- Pure Cycles
- barrio LA
- Razor Scooters
- Cycle Bar Culver City
- Downtown Culver City
Specials, deals, and discounts along on the route on March 26! Click on a community below to see the deals in that area.
Want to add a special for your business? Join the CicLAvia Savings Program!
|Essential Chocolate Desserts||
10868 Washington Blvd. Culver City, CA 90232
Free drawing and 10% off famous ding dongs, cupcakes, cake truffles, cookies, brownies & more with the purchase of any cold or hot beverage
|Platform||8830 Culver Blvd. Culver City, CA 90232||
Stop by Platform for tons of specials!
Floral Art: 15% off any in-store purchase
|The Cannibal||8850 Culver Blvd. Culver City, CA 90232||The Cannibal is teaming up with Specialized for a free mechanical pit stop, featuring bike demos and classes every hour! Plus, food specials and limited edition t-shirts and water bottles inside the butcher shop!||310-838-2783|
|Cava Grill||9343 Culver Blvd. Culver City, CA 90232||Free drink with purchase of any meal|
|Laurent's Le Coffee Shop||12457 Washington Blvd. Culver City, CA 90066||Stop by from 8am to 3pm for 10% off||310-390-9313|
|A Magic Forest||12512 Washington Blvd. Culver City, CA 90232||$2 Iced Coffee or Iced Tea, open from 2-5 on CicLAvia Sunday.||310-397-9400|
|House of Fitness||4130 Sepulveda Blvd, Culver City, CA 90230
||9-12pm: receive 20% off a 15- day VIP Trial, 6 Semi Private Sessions, or 6 Group Classes with code #CicLAvia||310-773-9484|
|Stanley's Wet Goods||9620 Venice Blvd. Culver City, CA 90232||$6 Tatomer Riesling pours from the tap, $5 12oz Uinta Pilsner Draught Beer, & $7 Clov N Rye "Hefe Stanley." The Hefe Stanley is an off-menu drink created just for the event! Try the light and refreshing twist on a Hefe Shandy.||424-341-2870|
|Renew Juicery Wellness Center||12460 W. Washington Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90066||15% RENEW Products all day long||
|Coffee Connection||3838 S. Centinela Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90066||30% off all drinks, interactive art wall, giant games, outdoor lounge||310-391-1380|
|Westside Vineyard||3838 S. Centinela Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90066||Free carnival of children's fun including inflatable games, bouncers, face painting, popcorn, and cotton candy|
Wheel House Cheese & Wine
||12131 Washington Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90066||Mention CicLAvia for a 20% discount||424-289-9167|
|Joe's Market||12131 Washington Place Los Angeles, CA 90066||10% off any $10 purchase, 20% off any $20 purchase, all day long|
|The Moving Joint||12813 Venice Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90066||Free 30 minute class demos from 9:30am-12pm. Live music at 12:30pm & 2pm||424-228-5348|
|Coeur de Lion Gym||12923 Venice Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90066||Free 3-day guest passes, water, and treats! Come inside for a demonstration||310-735-4734|
|Light on Lotus||3807 Grand View Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90066||15% off single classes or series and 10% off in the shop||310 295-1125|
|A-Frame||12565 Washington Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90066||Sunday Brunch from 10 am-3:30 pm features bottomless drinks and AYCE stacks.||310-398-7700|
|Röckenwagner Bakery Café||12835 Washington Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90066||10% off when you mention CicLAvia!||310-577-0747|
|Tangaroa||12604 Washington Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90066||10% off when you mention CicLAvia!||424-289-8114|
|Social and Public Art Resource Center (SPARC)||685 Venice Blvd. Venice, CA 90291||10% off SPARC prints and postcards||310-822-9560|
|Timbuk2||1410 Abbot Kinney Blvd. Venice Beach, CA 90291||20% off everything from 3/22-29!||424-268-5550|
|Inland Venice||1325 Venice Blvd. Venice, CA 90291||Bowl of discounts ranging from 10-50% off! 60% off certain apparel||310-310-4470|
Feeder Rides & Walks
Ride or walk along with these feeder rides to CicLAvia on March 26:
Walk Bike Glendale will lead a group from the Glendale Transportation Center to Culver City for the open streets event. More info.
Join us for a combined Monthly Ride with the Mayor, a Breeze Community Ride celebrating SPRING that includes free 1.5 hours ride time credit & a Feeder Ride to CicLAvia, Culver City Meets Venice all into ONE. We'll start the morning at the 17th Street Expo Breeze Station with morning bagels and coffee (bring your own cup)! More info.
Join Mid City West as we ride together to Culver City to enjoy CicLAvia. Meet at 8:00 at i.Martin. We'll roll out round 8:30 to 8:45. Please wear helmets. More info.
Want to add some more mileage with a family friendly bike ride before CicLAvia? Join BikeSGV on a downhill cruise in South Pasadena - Alhambra - Monterey Park - East LA. We'll be starting at the South Pasadena Gold Line Station and riding to the East LA Civic Center Gold Line Station. You can then continue on the Gold Line to Culver City for CicLAvia or head back to South Pasadena. More info.
CicLAvia is one of the largest open streets events in the country — a free event, open to all. At CicLAvia, streets are car-free for individuals and families to explore the city by foot, bike, and other forms of non- motorized transport. Is your business on or near the route? Here are some tips for engaging thousands of new potential customers!
What Will You See at CicLAvia?
- Tens of thousands of participants on car-free streets from all over the region eager to explore the neighborhood
- Happy people looking for their new favorite spot
- Safe, fun and family-oriented activities
- Police and Department of Transportation Officers responsible for traffic and crowd control along the route
- CicLAvia staff and volunteers on the route assisting participants with questions and concerns
- Restrooms, free water, first aid, trash/ recycling, bike parking and information booths at Hubs along the route
Take Advantage of the Thousands of Potential Customers Passing By Your Door!
- PLAN TO BE OPEN ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. Make your store- front visible with signs and banners.
- BRING YOUR BUSINESS OUTSIDE If you have permission to use the sidewalk in front of your business, feel free to bring products, music or seating outside. If you activate your sidewalk you must maintain a 4’ clearance for ADA access. (Please note: under the terms of CicLAvia’s permit, no stationary objects are allowed in the street.)
- GET FEATURED ON THE CICLAVIA DIGITAL MAP. Businesses that offer a special CicLAvia discount can be listed for free on our interactive digital map, see below for details to join the CicLAvia Savings program.
- HELP GET THE WORD OUT IN ADVANCE. Put up a CicLAvia poster or give CicLAvia postcards to your customers! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and suggestions.
Participate in the CicLAvia Savings Program
Is Your Business on the Route? Encourage participants to stop by on the day of the event by offering a special discount to CicLAvia participants. We’ll highlight your family-friendly business* for free on the CicLAvia website, subject to approval. Follow these guidelines to join:
- Offer discount on day of CicLAvia during all business hours.
- Place CicLAvia notification flyer in business window.
- Send the name of your business, discount offer, business address, and website link (if available) to email@example.com or call 213.355.8500 by March 22. Include name, email, and contact information for your business.
*e.g. restaurants, movie theaters, toy stores, clothing shops, hair salons, banks.
How Will Car Access & Parking Be Handled?
- PLEASE BE AWARE that all drive- ways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 8:00am on Sunday, March 26.
- If your vehicle is parked in your drive- way and you need to use it after 8:00am on March 26, please park elsewhere as the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6:00pm. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route during this time.
- Street closures begin at 6:00am, with full route closures in place by 8:00am. The event runs from 9:00am–4:00pm, and streets will be fully open to cars by approximately 6:00pm.
- Cars can cross the route at selected major streets (see map). Pedestrian crossings will also be available along the route to give people access to businesses and buildings on both sides of the street. All other cross streets will be closed at the route. Streets adjacent to the route will remain open to local access for residents and businesses.
- NO PARKING allowed on the route after 1:00am on Sunday, March 26, 2017. Parking restrictions will be posted and towing will be enforced.
- Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood
- If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8:00pm on Saturday, March 25 through 6:00pm on Sunday, March 26. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia, 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
Click a bus system below to view detours for that route. Check your bus stop on Saturday, March 25 for posted signs outlining specific detours for your stop.
CicLAvia welcomes all to the event, and works to make each route accessible to all individuals. CicLAvia utilizes the infrastructure of the city of Los Angeles, so participants can enter or exit anywhere along the route, making use of city streets, ramps and sidewalks. When facilities are added to the route at hubs (restrooms, water areas), they are all ADA compliant. There are gradual inclines along each route and any portion deemed steep will have volunteers stationed to guide participants. While steep areas and congested areas are usually mandatory dismount zones, participants unable to dismount are not required to do so. Service animals are welcome.
The CicLAvia press event, taking place at 8:30am at the intersection of Main St. and Culver Blvd. in Downtown Culver City, will be ASL interpreted.
Click below for detailed information:
Click here for information on taking Metro to CicLAvia.
Open Air Parking Lots
These are flat, street-level parking areas that do not require the use of stairs, escalators or elevators. All lots are off the route.
Marina del Rey
|Parking Lot||Address||ADA spots available||Miles to Route||Blocks to Route||Biking directions|
|Via Marina & Marquesas Way||
14130 Marquesas Way
Marina del Rey, CA 90292
1.8 miles to Abbot Kinney/
N. Venice Blvd.
|31||Head Southeast on Abbot Kinney Road|
|Parking Lot||Address||ADA spots available||Miles to Route||Blocks to Route||Biking directions|
|California and Electric (Lot 616)||580 California Ave. Venice, CA 90291||2||
0.2 miles to Abbot Kinney/
N. Venice Blvd.
|3||Head Northwest on Abbot Kinney Road towards Palms Blvd|
|Dell and Venice (Lot 701)||2150 Dell Ave. Venice, CA 90291||9||0.4 miles to N. Venice Blvd./Grand Blvd.||7||Head Southeast on Abbot Kinney Blvd toward N Venice Blvd|
|Milwood and Electric (Lot 617)||1511 Electric Ave. Venice, CA 90291||3||0.1 miles to N. Venice Blvd.||2||Head northwest on Abbot Kinney Blvd toward Rialto Ave.|
|Parking Lot||Address||ADA spots available||Miles to Route||Blocks to Route||Biking directions|
|Pacific and 17th||1682 Pacific Ave. Venice, CA 90291||1||0.6 miles to N. Venice Blvd.||10||Head southeast on Abbot Kinney Blvd toward N. Venice Blvd|
|Pacific and Windward (Lot 761)||1608 S Pacific Ave. Venice, CA 90291||1||0.6 miles to N. Venice Blvd.||10||Head southeast on Abbot Kinney Blvd toward N. Venice Blvd|
|Pisani and Venice (Lot 613)||2010 S Pisani Place Venice, CA 90291||2||295 feet to Venice Blvd.||1||Head southwest on N Venice Blvd toward Pisani Pl.|
|Rose and Navy||299 Ocean Front Walk Venice, CA 90291||6||1.1 miles to Abbot Kinney Road/ Grand Ave||15||Head northwest on Abbot Kinney Blvd towards Palms Blvd|
|Speedway and Market||28 Market St. Venice, CA 90291||4||0.8 miles to Abbot Kinney Road/ N. Venice Blvd||14||Head southest on Abbot Kinney Blvd toward N Venice Blvd|
|Speedway and Sunset Ct.||607 Speedway Venice, CA 90291||2||1 mile to Abbot Kinney Road/ N. Venice Blvd||17||Head northwest on Abbot Kinney Blvd towards Palms Blvd|
|Speedway and Venice||5 N. Venice Blvd. Venice, CA 90291||14||0.7 miles to Abbot Kinney Road/ N. Venice Blvd||12||Head southeast on Abbot Kinney Blvd toward N Venice Blvd|
|Speedway and Windward||29 Windward Ave. Venice, CA 90291||2||0.7 miles to Grand Ave.||12||Head southwest on Rialto Ave toward S Alhambra Ct|
|Venice Beach Parking||200 N. Venice Blvd. Venice, CA 90291||6||0.6 miles to N Venice Blvd||10||Head southeast on Abbot Kinney Blvd toward N Venice Blvd|
|Washington Blvd. / Venice Pier||1 W. Washington Blvd. Venice, CA 90291||7||1.1 miles to N Venice Blvd||15||Head southeast on Abbot Kinney Blvd toward N Venice Blvd|
Hubs are resting and meeting points along the route. Each hub has free basic bike repair, bike parking, an information booth, CicLAvia merchandise, free drinking water and ADA-compliant restrooms. Some hubs include additional programming and activities.
- Downtown Culver City Hub - 3850 Main Street, Culver City, 90232
- Tellefson Park Hub - 11058 Washington Pl Culver City, CA 90232
- Mar Vista Farmers Market Hub - 12315 Venice Blvd, Los Angeles, 90066
- Venice Hub - 47 Windward Ave, Venice 90291
Mileage Between Hubs
The Culver City Meets Venice route has a gradual incline of 100 feet over the course of its six miles. In general, traveling from Culver City toward Venice will be downhill. The hill peaks are at Culver/Washtington Blvd., McLaughlin/Washington Place, Venice/Centinela, Lincoln/Venice, and Pacific/Grand. See a detailed elevation map below. Click here to download a PDF of the CicLAvia elevation map.
Participants with mobility limitations are welcome to use motorized wheelchairs, scooters, pedal-assist bikes, and adaptive bicycles.
Catch a free pedicab ride—brought to you by AARP—to enjoy the adventure of CicLAvia. Pedicab stops are located at each hub's info booth, and will travel between hubs. Look for the pedicab stop sign at each hub’s information booth. Pedicabs are available on a first-come, first served basis. Riders must be able to step into or transfer into the pedicab.
Activities Along the Route
Remember to pick up a field guide at any hub on Sunday, March 26 for a hard copy map & list of activities!
Click on a hub location below to see the activities taking place there on Sunday, March 26:
All Hubs will have food trucks, restrooms, free water, free basic bike repair, bike parking, and first aid.
Catch a free pedicab ride—brought to you by AARP—to experience the adventure of CicLAvia in a whole new way! Pedicab stops are available at each info booth - just look for the sign!
- Complete the kids bike safety skills course and get a free helmet courtesy of CicLAvia (while supplies last).
- Join The Skateside and learn basic skateboarding skills on Keen ramps!
- Metro Bike share will have a temporary active station available for use. Check out a bike and take it for a spin along the route! For more info, click here. Supplies are limited.
- Visit the Capital One booth for a chance to win a bike.
- Add to a collective painting on the Mobile Mural Lab (11am–3pm).
- Leave your mark on a community art bike by CicLAvia x Pure Cycles.
- Near the hub: stop by The Culver Studios to recreate the classic bike scene from E.T.
- Relax under the trees inside Tellefson Park.
- Bringing your baby? Stop by the First 5 LA baby changing and breast feeding station!
- Enjoy a performance in the park by Culver City's own La Ballona Folklore from 11:30am – 12pm
|Mar Vista Farmers Market (9 am to 2 pm) Stop by the Mar Vista Farmers Market and stock up on fresh produce and prepared foods from over 50 vendors!! **CicLAvia Produce Program**: Get a free limited edition CicLAvia tote bag when you purchase fruits or veggies from participating vendors (those with a balloon on their tent). Get a stamp upon purchase and show this guide to the CicLAvia info booth to receive your free tote (while supplies last).|
- Visit the LA 2024 booth to sign up for their Volunteer Service Program or snap a selfie with an Olympic backdrop!
- Sign up for a free Los Angeles Public Library card and keep an eye out for the roaming Book Bike. Free books will be given to people with library cards.
- Plug into the phone charging station at the LADWP Solar Trailer and let the sun re-power your phone.
- Relax in the AARP play zone while catching up over vintage board games and capture a snapshot of your day at the Las Fotos Project photo booth.
- Visit the LA Ranger Troca, a food truck-turned-mobile visitor center for the Santa Monica Mountains. Learn more about the National Parks Services programs, then scale their 25 foot rock wall!
- Check out the latest Verge X11 folding bikes from Tern Bicycles.
- Mar Vista resident poets Erika Lane Enggren and Denise McKenzie invite visitors to participate in their Community Poem Project. Stop by and offer a word, line, or sentence with personal meaning. At the end of the day, the poets will assemble the offerings into a collective poem.
- Metro Bike share is coming to Venice in Summer 2017! Check out a bike and take it for a spin along the route! For more info, click here. Supplies are limited.
- Visit the Timbuk2 booth and browse the new Timuk2 x CicLAvia bags! Enjoy 20% off their Abbott Kinney pop-up shop from 3/22-3/29!
- Near the hub: Check out the LA 2024-themed murals on the Venice Beach Art Walls (Windward and Ocean Front Walk).
- The beach! Go for an ocean swim and check out the Venice Boardwalk.
Live/Work Along the Route
If you live/work along the route and would like more information about how CicLAvia will affect your neighborhood on March 26, please download the CicLAvia route notification flyer. The flyer has information about the streets that will be closed, parking restriction and parking options for residents and employees of local businesses.
The route will be closed to vehicles from 8:00am to approximately 6:00pm on Sunday, March 26.
NO PARKING will be allowed from 1:00am–6:00pm on Sunday, March 26 on Wilshire Blvd between Grand Ave and Western Ave. Parking restrictions will be enforced and vehicles will be towed beginning at 1:00am. Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood.
NO VEHICLES are allowed on the route between 8:00am and approximately 6:00pm. There are crossing points at several intersections where vehicles can cross along route .
Please be aware that all driveways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 8:00am on Sunday, March 26. If your vehicle is parked in your driveway and you need to use it after 8:00am on March 26, please park elsewhere as the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6:00pm. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route during this time.
All buses that usually run along the CicLAvia route will be detoured. Please check ciclavia.org and bus stops for detour information closer to the event date.
If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8:00pm on Saturday, March 25 through 6:00pm on Sunday, March 26. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia, 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
Join the CicLAvia Angel Volunteer Team!
Join our volunteer team for the upcoming CicLAvia - Culver City meets Venice. There are several volunteer opportunities where you can contribute to help create those smiles and good times along the open-streets!
Click below on the our available volunteer opportunities!
I want to:
Getting to the Route & Parking
Click on an item below for more information on getting to the CicLAvia route and parking:
**Allow yourself enough time to return to the Metro or your car safely while streets are still closed to car traffic. Streets begin to re-open to vehicles promptly at 4pm.**
Want to join a group ride to the event? Click here for a list of feeder rides to CicLAvia!
This CicLAvia, why not Go Metro? You can use this helpful Metro Trip Planner to coordinate your route!
Note: The closest lot to the CicLAvia route is Culver City Station, but please note the parking lot at this station is closed for construction. The closest station to the eastern end of the route with parking is La Cienega/Jefferson.
La Cienega/Jefferson Station
Station has 476 parking spots.
- Exit La Cienega/Jefferson Station onto the Expo Bike path.
- Take bike path until National runs into Washington Blvd.
Culver City Station
Station exits onto route and is 0.6 miles from Downtown Culver City hub. Station parking lot is closed for construction.
- Exit Culver City Station and head east
- Turn right toward Washington Blvd
- Turn right onto Washington Blvd
- Head west until you arrive at the Downtown Culver City Hub
Station is 0.7 miles from Downtown Culver City hub. Station has no parking.
- Exit Palms Station and head east on National Blvd toward Palms Blvd
- Continue onto Exposition Blvd
- Turn Right onto Bagley Ave
- Continue onto Main St until you arrive at the Downtown Culver City Hub
Westwood/Rancho Park Station
Station is 2.3 miles from Tellefson Park hub. Station has no parking.
- Head southeast on Westwood Blvd toward Exposition Blvd
- Turn right onto Glendon Ave
- Turn right onto Queensland St
- Continue onto Ellenda Ave
- Turn right onto Ellenda Pl
- Turn left onto Kelton Ave
- Turn right onto Regent St
- Turn Left onto Military Ave
- Continue onto Huron Ave
- Turn right onto Matteson Ave
- Turn Left onto Tilden Ave
- Turn right onto Washington Pl and head west until you'll arrive at the Tellefson Park Hub
Station is 2.3 miles from Tellefson Park hub. Station has 260 parking spaces.
- Exit Expo / Sepulveda Station and head east on Exposition Blvd toward S Sepulveda Blvd
- Turn right onto S Sepulveda Blvd
- Turn left onto Venice Blvd
- Turn right onto Bentley Ave
- Turn left onto Washington Pl and head east until you'll arrive at the Tellefson Park Hub
26th St/Bergamot Station
Station is 4.6 miles from Mar Vista Farmers Market hub. Station has no parking.
- Exit 26th St / Bergamot Station and head northeast on Exposition Corridor Bike Path toward Stewart St
- Slight left to stay on Exposition Corridor Bike Path
- Turn right onto Gateway Blvd
- Slight left onto Granville Ave
- Turn right onto Radio Dr
- Turn left onto Burkshire Ave
- Continue onto Inglewood Blvd
- Turn left onto Navy St
- Turn right onto Stoner Ave
- Turn left onto Federal Ave
- Turn right onto W Charnock Rd
- Turn left onto S Barry Ave
- Turn onto Venice Blvd
- Make a U-turn at S Centinela Ave and you’ll arrive at the Mar Vista Farmers Market Hub
17th St/SMC Station
Station is 3.2 miles from Venice hub. Station has 67 parking spaces.
- Exit 17th St / SMC Station and head northeast on Colorado Ave
- Make a U-turn
- Turn left toward Main St
- Turn left onto Main St
- Enter the traffic circle and you’ll arrive at the Venice Hub
Downtown Santa Monica
Station is 3.2 miles from Venice hub. Station has no parking.
- Head southwest down Colorado once you depart from the train. You should be headed towards the ocean
- Travel 0.2 miles and then turn left onto Ocean Ave
- Take the bicycle lane on Ocean for 0.4 miles
- Take a slight right and continue on Ocean at the Pico/Ocean intersection
- After a few hundred feet you see the entrace to the beach
- Take the beach path south for approximately 1 mile.
- Turn left across the boardwalk then go eastbound on 17th avenue for 50 ft.
- Right Turn on Pacific Ave
- Continue on Pacific Ave for 0.2 miles until you arrive at the Venice hub.
Metrolink (Union Station)
Station is 10.7 miles from Downtown Culver City hub. Station has ample parking.
- Exit Metrolink platform and walk downstairs to Metro Red and Purple lines.
- Take the Metro Purple or Red Line (805) to 7th St / Metro Center stop
- Transer to Metro Expo Line (806) and take to Culver City Station
- Exit Culver City Station and head east
- Turn right toward Washington Blvd
- Turn right onto Washington Blvd
- Head west until you arrive at the Downtown Culver City Hub
Please be advised that ongoing weekend closures of Red Line rail service due to installation of cell service equipment will not affect operations on Sunday, March 26. The Red Line will be operating bus bridges on Friday evening and all day Saturday, but will resume normally scheduled service when the line opens at 4:10 AM on Sunday.
Downtown Culver City
- ***The parking lot at the Culver City Metro station will be under construction during CicLAvia. The closest Expo station with parking is La Cienega and Jefferson***
- Cardiff Parking Structure - 3846 Cardiff Ave. Culver City, CA 90232 (parking structure - 8 ft. clearance)
- Culver Medical Plaza Public Parking - 3831 Hughes Ave. Culver City, CA 90232 (parking structure - 6 ft. clearance)
- INCE Parking Structure - 9099 Washington Blvd. Culver City CA 90232 (parking structure - 8 ft. clearance)
- Watseka Parking - 3844 Watseka Ave. Culver City, CA 90232 (parking structure - 8 ft. clearance)
Marina del Rey
- Via Marina & Marquesas Way - 14130 Marquesas Way Marina del Rey, CA 90292 (open air lot)
- California and Electric (Lot 616) - 580 California Ave. Venice, CA 90291 (open air lot)
- Dell and Venice (Lot 701) - 2150 Dell Ave. Venice, CA 90291 (open air lot)
- Milwood and Electric (Lot 617) - 1511 Electric Ave. Venice, CA 90291 (open air lot)
- Imperial Parking Industries - 42 N. Venice Blvd. Venice, CA 90291 (parking structure)
- Pacific and 17th - 1682 Pacific Ave. Venice, CA 90291 (open air lot)
- Pacific and Windward (Lot 761) - 1608 S Pacific Ave. Venice, CA 90291 (open air lot)
- Pisani and Venice (Lot 613) - 2010 S Pisani Place Venice, CA 90291 (open air lot)
- Rose and Navy - 299 Ocean Front Walk Venice, CA 90291 (open air lot)
- Speedway and Market - 28 Market St. Venice, CA 90291 (open air lot)
- Speedway and Sunset Ct. - 607 Speedway Venice, CA 90291 (open air lot)
- Speedway and Venice - 5 N. Venice Blvd. Venice, CA 90291 (open air lot)
- Speedway and Windward - 31 Windward Ave. Venice, CA 90291 (open air lot)
- Venice and Pacific (Lot 731) - 200 N. Venice Blvd. Venice, CA 90291 (open air lot)
- Venice Beach Parking - 2108 Pacific Ave. Venice, CA 90291 (open air lot)
- Washington Blvd. / Venice Pier - 1 W. Washington Blvd. Venice, CA 90291 (open air lot)
Enjoy a Safe CicLAvia
Need Help on the Route?
Law Enforcement & Emergency Personnel: The Los Angeles Police Department provides a strong security presence at CicLAvia. In addition, there are emergency medical technicians stationed at each Hub, and other response personnel are available along the route.
In case of an accident, go to the nearest Hub to report it to CicLAvia staff. If you are between Hubs, look for the nearest uniformed officer or responder, or CicLAvia staff member.
If you notice any suspicious activity or a suspicious package, immediately report it to the nearest CicLAvia staff member or uniformed officer.
At CicLAvia, the safety and well being of our participants is our primary concern. We work closely with local authorities to provide as safe and secure an environment as possible. We also partner with other local agencies that provide additional security elements along the route and at public transit locations.
Contact Staff & Volunteers: CicLAvia staff can be identified by the bright blue CicLAvia t-shirt with yellow lettering that says STAFF on the back. CicLAvia volunteers can be identified by the bright yellow CicLAvia t-shirt with blue lettering that says VOLUNTEER on the back.
Staff members and volunteers can assist with you with finding the answers to questions and with helping to find the right person to respond to emergencies. If you are missing a member of your party, have been in a minor accident or have been part of an incident, please contact staff at the nearest CicLAvia Hub. This is often the fastest way to ensure police officers or emergency personnel respond to the situation rapidly and effectively.
Want to ride a bike, rollerblades, or skateboard on CicLAvia but don't own one? No problem. Here are several bike & skate shops that we know of that offer rentals. Be sure to call ahead and pay for your reservation in advance, because rentals definitely sell out.
P.S. Bikes are not required to participate! You can walk, run, skate, scoot, pedicab, rollerblade - or use anything else that is people-powered - to join in!
Rent a Bike for CicLAvia
Download the Metro Bike app to locate a station near you.
- Synaptic Cycles - Los Angeles road bike rentals, delivered to your door for free. (310) 925-3969
Throughout LA County
(sorted alphabetically by neighborhood)
- Helen's Cycles Beverly - 8330 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048; (323) 653-6900
- Labrea Bike Works - 5850 W 3rd St., Los Angeles, CA 90036; (323) 285-1655
- Beverly Hills Bike Shop - 10546 West Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90064; (310) 275-2453
- Abba Padre - Closed on Sundays, but open for rentals on Saturdays. 4219 Sepulveda Blvd. #A, Culver City, CA 90230; (310) 390-5203
- Palms Cycle - 3770 Motor Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90034; (310) 838- 9644
Downtown / Central LA
- Just Ride L.A. - 1626 S. Hill Street (at Venice Blvd), Los Angeles, CA 90015; (213) 745-6783. In order to ensure availability, please reserve up to 3 days in advance. Also offers locks and helmets.
- DTLA Bikes - 425 S. Broadway (at 4th St), Los Angeles, CA 90013; (213) 533-8000 Fleet of 200+ bikes ready to ride! Also offers helmets.
- El Maestro Bicycle Shop - 806 S. Main St., Los Angeles, CA 90014; (213) 627-0580
- LA Golden Bicycles – 4001 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010; (213) 739-9911
- I. Martin Bicycles - 8330 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90048; (323) 653-6900
- Speedworkz - 3110 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90026; (323) 369-9036
- Coco’s Variety Store - 2427 Riverside Drive., Silverlake; (323) 664-7400
Glendale / Atwater Village
- Bicycle Pit Stop - 667 Alexander St., Glendale, CA 91203; (818) 839-0721
- Bicycle Land - 422 N Glendale Ave., Glendale, CA 91206; (818) 242 - 6906
- All Things Bicycle - 310 Fischer St., Glendale, CA 91205; (310) 733-0903
- Spokes N Stuff - Griffith Park Ranger Station, 4730 Crystal Springs Ave., Griffith Park, CA 90027; (323) 662-6573
- Coco's Variety Bike Shop, 2427 Riverside Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90039; (323) 664-7400
- Lincoln Heights Cyclery, 3422 N Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90031; (323) 221-2670
- Bike Oven, 3706 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90065; (626) 357-6799
- Bicycle Doctor, 5003 York Blvd, Highland Park, CA 90042; (323) 259-3131
- Raffi's Bicycles, 5509 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90042; (323) 474-6340
- Ryky’s Bike Shop, 2424 Daly St, Los Angeles, CA 90031; (213) 703-8909
- Bike Station Long Beach- 223 E 1st Street, Long Beach, CA 90802; (562) 436-2453
- 404 Bike Sales & Rentals - 3329 E 4th Street, Long Beach, CA 90814; (562) 343-1411
- Velo Pacific - 5470 E 2nd Street, Long Beach, CA, 90803; (562) 433-5801
- Wheel Fun Rentals - 429 Shoreline Village Dr. Ste G, Long Beach, CA 90802; (562) 951-3857
- Alfredo's Beach Shack - 2630 E Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90803; (562) 253-5234
Marina Del Ray
- Daniel's Bike Rentals - Fisherman's Village, 13737 Fiji Way, Marina Del Ray, CA 90292; (310) 980-4045
- Marina Electric Bikes & Beach Cruisers - 3111 Ocean Front Walk, Marina Del Ray, CA 90292; (310) 301-2453. Beach cruisers available for rent: call a day in advance.
- Bike Attack Playa Vista - 12775 Millennium, Playa Vista CA 90094; (310) 862-5001.
- LA Brakeless - 12220 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90066; (310) 313-6300
- The Recyclist Bike Shop - 12220 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90066; (310) 864-3780
San Fernando Valley
- Van's Cyclery - 11407 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood, CA 91606; (818) 760-6960. Call a few days in advance to rent a bike - limited quantities available.
- Retro Xpress Bicycles - 14503 Victory Blvd., Van Nuys, CA 91401; (818) 200-9463.
- Wheel Fun Rentals - 6300 Balboa Blvd. Van Nuys, CA 91316; (818) 212-4263. A wide range of bikes are available including cruisers, choppers, tandems and surreys.
- LA Bike Adventures - 7736 Amestoy Ave, Van Nuys, CA 91406; (818) 826-2011. Mountain bikes and gravel bikes (can be converted into road bikes)
San Gabriel Valley
- Pasadena Cyclery, 1670 E Walnut St, Pasadena, CA 91106; (626) 795-2866
- Incycle Bicycles, 175 S Fair Oaks Ave, Pasadena, CA 91105; (626) 577-0440
- Velo Pasadena Inc, 2562 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91107; (626) 304-0064
- Jones Bicycles II, 2523 Huntington Dr., San Marino, CA 91108; (626) 793-4227
- Santa Monica Bike Center - 1555 2nd Street, Unit A, Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 656-8500
- Bike Attack & Electric - 2904 Main St., Santa Monica, CA 90405; (424) 744-8148
- The Bike Shop Santa Monica - 2400 Main St., Santa Monica, CA 90405; (310) 581-8014
- Spokes N Stuff - 1700 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 3995-4748
- Cynergy Cycles - 2300 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90404; (310) 857-1500
- WestSide Bicycles - 700 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 576-9900
- Santa Monica Beach Bicycle Rentals - 1428 4th St., Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 428-5337
- Bicycle Ambulance - 2212 Lincoln Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405; (310) 395-5026
- Blazing Saddles - 320 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 393-9778
- Bikes and Hikes LA - 8250 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90046; (323) 796-8555. Rentals include helmet, safety vest, lock and map of LA.
- Bike Curious Rentals - 34 Windward Ave., Venice, CA 90291 ; Call or text (310) 702-2823
- Jays Rentals Venice Beach - 501 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291; (310) 392-7306
- Spokes N Stuff - The Inn at Venice Beach, 327 Washington Blvd, Venice, CA 90291; (310) 439-7276
- Venice Bike & Skates - 21 Washington Blvd., Venice, CA 90292; (310) 301-4011. First come, first served.
- Boardwalk Skate & Surf - 201 1/2 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291; (310) 450-6634
- The Bicycle Whisperer - 724 Vernon Ct., Venice, CA 90291; (310) 612-1409
- Perry's Cafe -3100 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90292; (310) 823-6730. Venice Beach at end of Washington Blvd.
- Perry's Cafe - 2500 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90293; (310) 823-1453. Venice Beach at end of North Venice Blvd.
- Bikecology - 9006 W. Pico Blvd., West Los Angeles, CA 90035; (310) 278-0915
- Bike Improve - 10929 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025; (310) 400-0363
- Helen's Cycles: Westwood Village - 1071 Gayley Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90024; (310) 208-8988
- UCLA Bike Shop - 2131 John Wooden Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095; (310) 206-7219
The following are not permitted at CicLAvia, due to LA City law:
- unauthorized solicitation
- alcoholic beverages
- narcotics or illegal drugs
- bathing in pools or fountains
- damage to property
- feeding animals
- firecrackers or explosives
- littering (including pet waste)
- public intoxication
- unauthorized driving or parking
- unauthorized vending
- unleashed animals
How to CicLAvia
CicLAvia provides the chance for participants to enjoy a fun day connecting with their fellow Angelenos and their city in a whole new way. Participants are welcome to walk, bike, skate, run...any people-powered form of transport is allowed! CicLAvia works hard to provide a safe and secure environment for all participants. By familiarizing yourself with the following information, you can help to make CicLAvia a great event for everyone.
Timing your trip
CicLAvia lasts from 9:00am–4:00pm. Please budget your time accordingly. Make sure you return to your point of origin or final destination by 4:00pm to avoid car traffic when the route reopens.
Share the Road
Cars are not allowed at CicLAvia, but any other form of non-motorized transportation is. Be aware of how people around you are traveling – biking, walking, skating, etc. – and respect their right to the road.
Police, transit officers, and CicLAvia volunteers will be at crossing intersections to monitor the flow of CicLAvia and car traffic. Riders and pedestrians must stop at car and pedestrian intersections when told to do so.
Please monitor your speed going down a hill. Also stay within the speed of the flow of traffic when it is too congested to pass.
There are often mandatory dismount locations. There will be signs at the dismount locations and volunteers instructing riders to dismount.
Biking with Children
Our friends at REI have a comprehensive information and video page about biking with children. Please take the time to review this information if you plan to enjoy CicLAvia with a child.
Helmets for Children
All children 18 and under are required by law to wear a helmet if they are on a bike, scooter, skateboard, skates or other type of geared or wheeled-transportation.
Kids Zones will offer fun bike and pedestrian safety workshops and other exciting activities.
Experienced Riders Recommended
CicLAvia is not an ideal place to teach a child, or an adult, how to ride due to the heavy flow of bike, board, and pedestrian traffic. While we encourage participants of all ages and skill levels, we strongly suggest that children and all participants learn the basics of bike riding before participating on the CicLAvia route.
Rain or Shine
CicLAvia will go on, rain or shine!
Here are a few things to remember when riding or skating in wet conditions.
Slow down. It’s easier to lose traction, especially in turns, when the road is wet. Avoid sharp turns and high speed turns so your bike won’t slide out from under you.
Skidding is more likely when the road is wet. Modulate your braking to avoid a skid.
Give yourself extra time and distance to stop.
Rim brake users, remember your rims are wet so it takes a little longer for your brake pads to catch. Pumping your brakes will help.
Be more cautious on (or avoid) surfaces that are extra slippery when wet: metal plates, manhole covers, train tracks, storm grates, and street “paint”.
Avoid riding through standing water or piles of wet leaves, which might conceal road defects.
Visibility is reduced when it’s raining. Wear bright, reflective clothing and use front and rear lights to help you see and be seen (even during the day).
Tips from our good friends at LA County Bicycle Coalition