CicLAvia - Heart of LA
CicLAvia heads back to it's anniversary route through the Heart of LA on October 16 as Boyle Heights, Chinatown, DTLA, and Westlake will host the country’s largest open streets event! Streets will be closed to cars and open for cyclists, pedestrians, runners and skaters to use as a recreational space.
New to CicLAvia? Here are some things you need to know for October 16:
- CicLAvia is FREE!
- CicLAvia lasts from 9 AM until 4 PM
- CicLAvia closes streets to car traffic and opens them for people to walk, skate, bike, play, and explore parts of Los Angeles.
- CicLAvia is not a race! There's no starting point or finish line - begin where you like and enjoy the day your way.
- CicLAvia traffic flows in two directions, just like regular traffic. Check out some more safety tips.
Questions or Concerns
General event information: please contact CicLAvia at 213.355.8500 or email@example.com
For concerns regarding the street closure permit, please reach out to the City of Los Angeles: 213.847.6000
Join the CicLAvia Angel Volunteer Team!
Day-of Volunteer Opportunities
Click a hub below to view available volunteer opportunities:
Pre/Post Volunteer Opportunities
There are several ways to help out before the day of CicLAvia. Whether it's joining our outreach team going door-to-door chatting with stakeholders along the route, distributing postcards to your neighborhood, or helping our production team pack signs and merchandise for the big day. Volunteers are always needed!
Click below to view the available volunteer opportunities before/after October 16!
Find out how you can get involved! On October 16, CicLAvia will temporarily remove cars from certain streets in Downtown LA, Boyle Heights, Chinatown, Little Tokyo, and MacArthur Park and open them up to pedestrians, strollers, bikes and more from 9am–4pm for a car-free day.
Join us for one of our community meetings to learn about street closures, business opportunities, family activities, volunteer positions and more.
Únase a nuestra reunión de la comunidad para que tenga información de las actividades familiares, oportunidades para los negocios, cierre de calles, posiciones para los voluntarios y más.
Refrescos y aperitivos serán servidos!
Click on a community meeting below to RSVP:
Metro Bus Detours
Lines: 2, 4, 14 (Rte.37), 16, 18, 20, 28, 30, 33, 40, 45, 51, (Rte.52), 53, 55, 60, 62, 68, 70, 71, 76, 78 (Rte. 79), 83, 92, 460, 487, 603, 720, 910 (Rte. 950)
In effect: Sunday October 16, 2016 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. or when ordered by Field Supervisor or BOC or when barricades are present.
CicLAvia is one of the largest open streets events in the country — a free event, open to all. At CicLAvia, streets are car-free for individuals and families to explore the city by foot, bike, and other forms of non- motorized transport. Is your business on or near the route? Here are some tips for engaging thousands of new potential customers!
What Will You See at CicLAvia?
- Tens of thousands of participants on car-free streets from all over the region eager to explore the neighborhood
- Happy people looking for their new favorite spot
- Safe, fun and family-oriented activities
- Police and Department of Transportation Officers responsible for traffic and crowd control along the route
- CicLAvia staff and volunteers on the route assisting participants with questions and concerns
- Restrooms, free water, first aid, trash/ recycling, bike parking and information booths at Hubs along the route
Take Advantage of the Thousands of Potential Customers Passing By Your Door!
- PLAN TO BE OPEN ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. Make your store- front visible with signs and banners.
- BRING YOUR BUSINESS OUTSIDE If you have permission to use the sidewalk in front of your business, feel free to bring products, music or seating outside. If you activate your sidewalk you must maintain a 4’ clearance for ADA access. (Please note: under the terms of CicLAvia’s permit, no stationary objects are allowed in the street.)
- GET FEATURED ON THE CICLAVIA DIGITAL MAP. Businesses that offer a special CicLAvia discount can be listed for free on our interactive digital map, see below for details to join the CicLAvia Savings program.
- HELP GET THE WORD OUT IN ADVANCE. Put up a CicLAvia poster or give CicLAvia postcards to your customers! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and suggestions.
Participate in the CicLAvia Savings Program
Is Your Business on the Route? Encourage participants to stop by on the day of the event by offering a special discount to CicLAvia participants. We’ll highlight your family-friendly business* for free on the CicLAvia website, subject to approval. Follow these guidelines to join:
- Offer discount on day of CicLAvia during all business hours.
- Place CicLAvia notification flyer in business window.
- Send the name of your business, discount offer, business address, and website link (if available) to email@example.com or call 213.355.8500 by August 5. Include name, email, and contact information for your business.
*e.g. restaurants, movie theaters, toy stores, clothing shops, hair salons, banks.
How Will Car Access & Parking Be Handled?
- PLEASE BE AWARE that all drive- ways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 8:00am on Sunday, August 14.
- If your vehicle is parked in your drive- way and you need to use it after 8:00am on August 14, please park elsewhere as the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6:00pm. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route during this time.
- Street closures begin at 6:00am, with full route closures in place by 8:00am. The event runs from 9:00am–4:00pm, and streets will be fully open to cars by approximately 6:00pm.
- Cars can cross the route at selected major streets (see map). Pedestrian crossings will also be available along the route to give people access to businesses and buildings on both sides of the street. All other cross streets will be closed at the route. Streets adjacent to the route will remain open to local access for residents and businesses.
- NO PARKING allowed on the route after 1:00am on Sunday, August 14, 2016. Parking restrictions will be posted and towing will be enforced.
- Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood
- If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8:00pm on Saturday, August 13 through 6:00pm on Sunday, August 14. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia, 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
Live/Work Along the Route
If you live/work along the route and would like more information about how CicLAvia will affect your neighborhood on October 16, please download the CicLAvia route notification flyer. The flyer has information about the streets that will be closed, parking restriction and parking options for residents and employees of local businesses.
The route will be closed to vehicles from 8:00am to approximately 6:00pm on Sunday October 16.
NO PARKING will be allowed from 1:00am–6:00pm on Sunday, October 16 on Wilshire Blvd between Grand Ave and Western Ave. Parking restrictions will be enforced and vehicles will be towed beginning at 1:00am.Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood.
NO VEHICLES are allowed on the route between 8:00am and approximately 6:00pm. There are crossing points at several intersections where vehicles can cross along route .
Please be aware that all driveways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 8:00am on Sunday, October 16. If your vehicle is parked in your driveway and you need to use it after 8:00am on October 16, please park elsewhere as the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6:00pm. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route during this time.
All buses that usually run along the CicLAvia route will be detoured. Please check ciclavia.org and bus stops for detour information closer to the event date.
If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8:00pm on Saturday, October 15 through 6:00pm on Sunday, October 16. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia, 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
Activities Along the Route
Remember to pick up a field guide at any hub on October 16 for a hard copy map & list of activities!
Click on a hub location below to see the activities taking place there on Sunday, October 16:
All Hubs will have food trucks, restrooms, free water, free basic bike repair, bike parking, and first aid.
Catch a free pedicab ride—brought to you by AARP—to capture and experience your story at CicLAvia. Pedicab stops are available at each info booth.
2208 W 7th St, Los Angeles, CA 90057
Grab lunch at a local food truck and get caffeinated with free coffee samples from Don Francisco’s Coffee. Sign up for a library card and keep an eye out for the roaming Los Angeles Public Library book bike. Add your mark to a collective painting on the Mobile Mural Lab (11am–3pm). Complete the kids bike safety skills course and get a free helmet courtesy of CicLAvia (while supplies last).
At the Hub:
- Don Francisco's Coffee
- Mobile Mural Lab
- LAPL Book Bike
- First 5 LA
- Kids Bike Safety Skills Course
- MacArthur Park Neighborhood Council
- AARP Pedicabs
- Food Trucks: Kogi BBQ, Falasofy, Vchos, Luckdish, Dip n Truck, Poscards, Milk +T, King Kone
264 W 1st, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Stroll through the Grand Park pedestrian zone and chat with the Metro team about their new Bike Share program! Try out the Metro bus bike rack and learn how to bring your bicycle on the bus. Leave your mark on a community art bike by CicLAvia x Pure Cycles. Create handcrafted paper flowers to decorate your bike at the Día de los Muertos Paper Flower Workshop by Self Help Graphics & Art. Capture a snapshot of your day at the Las Fotos Project photo booth. Grab lunch from some of LA’s best food trucks. Check out the latest in folding bikes from Tern Bicycles.
At the Hub:
- Pure Cycles
- Self Help Graphics & Art
- Las Fotos Project
- Metro Bikeshare
- LA Times
- 1915 Bolthouse Farms
- Bringing Back Broadway
- The Wheelhouse
- Whole Foods
- Voter Registration Booth
- Tern Bicycles
- LA Department of Water & Power
- AARP Pedicabs
- Food Trucks: Cousins Maine Lobster, Deli Doctor, Surfer Taco, Mandoline Grill, Slammin' Sliders, Prince of Venice, Waffles de Liege, Zugo, Warbler Coffee
942 N Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Listen to live bands in Central Plaza and enjoy a cold one at the beer garden presented by the Chinatown Business Improvement district. Play giant games, hop scotch, or four square, and challenge your friends to a match of ping pong. Make Chinatown your CicLAvia Playground! Enjoy bites from one of the many local restaurants or grab something to go from a variety of food trucks! Don’t miss the official CicLAvia Afterparty at General Lee’s Bar from 4 pm - 11 pm!
At the Hub:
- Chinatown Business Improvement District
- AARP Pedicabs
- Food Trucks: The Grilled Cheese Truck, The Lobos Truck
100 S Boyle Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90033
Relax in the AARP play zone while catching up over vintage board games. Listen to live music and local DJs in the bandshell presented by the Mariachi Plaza International Farmer’s Market. Stay hydrated at the Drink Up water station. Grab lunch, snacks and fresh produce at the Marachi Plaza International Farmer’s Market. Keep an eye out for the Libros Schmibros bicycle library and grab a free book! Check out the great local businesses and restaurants along 1st street!
At the Hub:
Feeder Rides & Walks
Ride or walk along with these feeder rides to CicLAvia on October 16:
Save the date for another WalkLAvia! Dive into the Heart of LA on two feet with LA Walks and the crew from Stairs & Trails of Los Angeles from 10am to 1 pm. More details to come. FREE! More info.
Walk Bike Glendale will lead a group from the Glendale Transportation Center (Metrolink) to downtown LA for the open streets event. The route features a short segment of the LA River Trail, and bike ride through DTLA. Meet 8:30am and leave at 9:00am from the Glendale Transportation Center. More info.
Join us for a group ride to CicLAvia. We'll be riding at a friendly pace to accommodate most levels of cyclists. Thankfully, much (but not all) of the route is downhill. And while the CicLAvia route itself is closed to motorists, the ~14mi route we will be taking to get to the event will be shared by motorists. We will ride as a group, obeying all traffic laws (stop at stop signs, red lights, etc.), and helping each other along the way.
We will be meeting up with a another ride leaving from the Flying Pigeon bike shop in Cypress Park. Route map coming soon. Your return is your responsibility! We will NOT be organizing a return ride. This is a group ride from Pasadena to LA. Tip: the Gold Line is a great way to get back! (City Hall stop is "Memorial Park Station") More info.
L.A. City Council District 1 Candidate Joe Bray-Ali will lead a ride from North East Los Angeles to the CicLAvia Chinatown Hub. Kids, cargo bikes, road bikes, tandems - come one, come all! No need to make a reservation. Meet at the Flying Pigeon LA bike shop at 3404 N. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 90065 on Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 8 a.m. We will roll out at 8:30 a.m. More info.
BikeSGV's staff and volunteers will be riding our pedicabs, cargo bikes, electric bikes, and our 8 ft trailer along with Gabe the Sasquatch to CicLAvia. Join us along the route and let us gather the San Gabriel Valley on a Great Bike Train to the "Heart of Los Angeles" for CicLAvia!
- 5:00AM - 6:00AM Bike Checks and Prep/loading
- 6:00AM Departure from BikeSGV HQ
- 8:00AM Arrive in Downtown Los Angeles, City Hall
Starting Location: BikeSGV 10900 Mulhall Street, El Monte, CA 91731
ROUTE: TBA, 15 miles
Want to join us for a shorter ride or to sleep in a bit longer? We will have 1-2 pick up stops along the route. TBA: We will be announcing the route and the Pick Up Locations next week. More info.
We invite you to join us on our feeder ride to CicLAvia. We ride at a casual pace and are committed to staying together as a group, so riders of all levels of experience are welcome! Please note that this ride is restricted to members of the UCLA community, though each member of the UCLA community who attends may bring up to two guests who are not members of the UCLA community. For more information, please click on the "Rides" tab or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This ride only officially includes the trip to the event. If you'd like to ride back to the starting point of the ride with the ride leader(s), please let the ride leader(s) know. More info.
Our route will take us from Culver City along the Expo Line to USC. We will then head North up to MacArthur Park Hub. From there, we can check out the usual fun and maybe stop in somewhere to grab a drink. A route map can be found here. Meet at Sunday at 10am at Syd Kronenthal Park. Looking forward to riding with you! More info.
Join Mid City West as we ride to the final CicLAvia of the year. Meet at I. Martin between 8:30 and 8:45. We will ride out at 9 AM. Bring a helmet. We will ride to the western terminus of the route at MacArthur Park mostly along 4th Street, and then on New Hampshire and 7th Street. More info.
Check out all the awesome deals along this October's CicLAvia route! To view them on a map, click here.
|Business Name||Address||CicLAvia $avings $pecial|
|Libros Schmibros||1711 Mariachi Plaza||Pick up a free book at our library in Mariachi Plaza, or on the streets from our Bicycle Libraries, which will be making stops along the route|
|Brack Shop Tavern||525 W 7th St.||$3 Lagunitas Pilsner and free Brack Shop Popocorn (freshly popped buttered popcorn with chermoula & nori)|
|Un Solo Sol||1818 E 1st St.||Free 8-ounce Jamaican drink until supplies last|
|1st Street Taqueria||1843 E 1st St.|| Two tacos and a small drink for $5.99
(**excludes fish and shrimp tacos.)
|Super Tortas Luisito||1908 E 1st St.||Order of tacos dorados and an agua fresca for $5.00|
|Pestolini||363 S. Broadway||Say keyword AMOS15 to get 15% off|
|POV Snack Shop / Mission Market||544 S. Broadway||Buy a lunch box & get a free limeade|
|Gourmet LA Bakery||548 S. Broadway||30% off $300 cake|
|The Original Shrimp Place||327 S. Broadway||Free drink w/ any plate or special on CicLAvia day|
Enter the free CicLAvia drawing on 10/16 at any hub!
Getting to the Route
Click below for information on getting to the CicLAvia route on Sunday, October 16!
Metro Bikeshare is live in DTLA! Grab a bike at any of these stations close to the CicLAvia route:
- 7th & Bixel - 1107 W. 7th St.
- Figueroa & 8th - 735 S. Figueroa St.
- Flower & 7th - 723 Flower St.
- Grand & 7th - 700 S. Grand Ave.
- Olive & 8th - 729 S. Olive St.
- 7th & Broadway - 307 W. 7th St.
- 7th & Spring - 201 W. 7th St.
- Broadway & 3rd - 303 S. Broadway St.
- Spring & 3rd - 300 S. Spring St.
- Hill & 2nd - 201 S. Hill St.
- New High & Ord - 725 New High St.
- Spring & College - 870 N. Spring St.
- Hill & College - 881 N. Hill St.
- Main & 1st - 120 S. Main St.
- 1st & Judge John Aiso - 134 Judge John Aiso St.
- 1st & Central - 369 E. 1st St.
- Traction & Rose - 599 Traction Ave.
- 5th & Hewitt - 1210 E. 5th St.
- Exit Chinatown Station
- West on College
- North on Broadway
- You'll run into the Chinatown Hub
Mariachi Plaza Station
- Exit Mariachi Plaza station and you'll be right in the Mariachi Plaza Hub
Expo & Blue Line
7th Street/Metro Center
- Join the ride along 7th Street
Westlake/MacArthur Park Station
- Head south on Alvarado
- Head west along 7th Street to the MacArthur Park Hub
**Metrolink will be experiencing some major service interruptions on October 16. Click here for details.**
Service available on Antelope Valley, Inland Empire-Orange County, Orange County, 91, and San Bernardino lines to Union Station.
- Head south along Los Angeles Street to join the route on 1st Street, or visit the Grand Park Hub on 1st & Spring.
MacArthur Park to Spring Street
- The Bloc, 700 S. Flower St - Parking Structure. Self parking accessible from both Flower, 8th and Hope Streets. First two hours are free with retail validation and afterward, prevailing rates apply. Valet is available from the Flower St entrances.
- 623 S Carondelet St, Los Angeles, CA 90057 - Parking garage. Between W 6th St. and Wilshire Blvd. Open 24 hours
- 2509 Wilshire Blvd - Parking Lot. Entrances on S. Coronado St. and Wilshire Blvd.
- 1270 Ingraham St. - Open parking lot.
- Joe's Auto Parks, 1110 and 1136 Ingraham St. - Open parking lot.
- 1027 Wilshire Blvd. - Open parking lot.
- 915 Wilshire Blvd. - Open parking lot.
- FigAt7th and Ernst and Young Plaza Parking Structure - Parking entrance along W 7th St. and W 8th St. (one way street heading west)
- 913 S Figueroa St. - Two parking entrances. For W 9th St entrance, traffic heads east only. For Figueroa St entrance, traffic heads north only.
- Joe's Auto Parks, 832 Francisco St. - Parking Structure. Two parking entrances. Francisco St and S. Figueroa St (traffic heads north only)
- 757 S. Flower St. - Parking Structure. Two entrances (S. Flower St and W. 8th St.) For S. Flower St., traffic heads south only. For W. 8th St., traffic heads west only
- 746 S. Hope St. - Parking Structure.
- 725 S. Grand Ave. - Parking Structure. Traffic on S. Grand Ave. heads south only
- 724 S. Olive St. - Small parking lot. S. Olive St. traffic heads north only
- 727 S. Hill St. - Narrow parking lot.
- 731 S. Hill St. - Narrow parking lot. $3/15 min.
- 737 S. Hill St. - Small parking lot.
- 734 S Hill St. - Parking lot.
- 226 W 6th St. - Underground Parking Garage. Traffic on W. 6th St. heads east only
Along Spring St
- Joe's Auto Parks, 843 S Spring St.
- Joe's Auto Parks, 817 S Spring St. - Parking Lot. Traffic on Spring St. heads south only
- 805 S Spring St. - Parking Lot. Traffic on Spring St. heads south only
- Joe's Auto Parks, 820 Main St.
- Joe’s Auto Parks, 854 S. Main St. - Parking Lot. Traffic on Main St. heads north only
- 810 S Main St. - Parking Lot. Traffic on Main St. heads north only
- Paragon Parking - 712 Spring St. - Parking Lot.
- 617 Spring St. - Parking Lot. Traffic on Spring St heads south only
- Joe's Auto Parks, 627 S Main St. - Parking Lot. Two entrances (Main St. and W. 6th St.) Traffic on Main St heads north only. Traffic on W 6th St heads east only
- 536 Spring St. - Parking Lot
- 530 Spring St. - Parking Structure. Traffic on Spring St heads south only
- Joe's Auto Parks, 449 Spring St.
- Joe's Auto Parks, 433 S Main St. - Parking Lot. Traffic on Main St heads north only
- 401 S Spring St. - Parking Lot.
- Joe's Auto Parks, 340 Spring St.
- Joe's Auto Parks, 243 Spring St. - Parking Lot.
- Joe's Auto Parks, 330 Main St.
- Joe's Auto Parks, 253 Spring St.
- Joe's Auto Parks, 252 S Main St. - Parking Lot.
- Joe's Auto Parks, 233 S Main St. - Parking Lot.
- Joe's Auto Parks, 220 S Spring St. - Parking Structure.
- Joe's Auto Parks, 420 W 2nd St. - Parking Lot.
- Joe's Auto Parks, 180 S Olive St. - Parking Lot.
- 140 S Olive St. - Parking Lot.
- 220 S Olive St. - Parking Lot.
- 152 N Hill St. - Parking Lot.
- 108 N. Hill St. - Parking Structure.
- 358 W 3rd St. - Parking Lot. Two Entrances (W 3rd St. and S Hill St.) Traffic on W 3rd St. heads west only.
- 308 S. Hill St. - Parking Structure.
- Joe's Auto Parks, 280 S Hill St. - Parking Lot.
- Joe's Auto Parks, 243 S Spring St. - Parking Lot.
- 213 S Spring St. - Parking Structure.
- Bamboo Plaza Parking, 420 Bernard St. - Parking Structure.
- Joe's Auto Parks, 211 Alpine St. - Parking Lot.
- The Shop Parking, 841 N Spring St. - Parking Structure.
- 854 N Spring St. - Parking Lot.
- 419 W College St. - Parking Lot.
- Alpine Tower Parking, 767 N Hill St - Underground Parking.
- 725 N Hill St. - Parking Lot.
- Far East Plaza Parking, 728 N Hill St. - Underground Parking.
- 739 N Spring St. - Parking Lot.
- BC Plaza, 441 Ord St. - Underground Parking.
- 408 Ord St. - Parking Lot.
- 659 N Spring St. - Parking Lot.
- 973 N Hill St. - Parking Lot.
- Weller Court, 227 E 2nd St. - Parking Structure.
- 333 Alameda St. - Parking Structure.
- 346 E Temple St. - Parking Lot.
- 101 Judge John Aiso St. - Parking Lot.
Arts District (Along 4th St.)
- 830 Traction Ave.
- LADOT Lot 713, 249 N. Chicago St.
- LADOT Lot 682, 318 N Breed St
Want to ride a bike, rollerblades, or skateboard on CicLAvia but don't own one? No problem. Here are several bike & skate shops that we know of that offer rentals. Be sure to call ahead and pay for your reservation in advance, because rentals definitely sell out.
P.S. Bikes are not required to participate! You can walk, run, skate, scoot, pedicab, rollerblade - or use anything else that is people-powered - to join in!
Rent a Bike for CicLAvia
Download the Metro Bike app to locate a station near you.
- Synaptic Cycles - Los Angeles road bike rentals, delivered to your door for free. (310) 925-3969
Throughout LA County
(sorted alphabetically by neighborhood)
- Helen's Cycles Beverly - 8330 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048; (323) 653-6900
- Labrea Bike Works - 5850 W 3rd St., Los Angeles, CA 90036; (323) 285-1655
- Beverly Hills Bike Shop - 10546 West Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90064; (310) 275-2453
- Abba Padre - Closed on Sundays, but open for rentals on Saturdays. 4219 Sepulveda Blvd. #A, Culver City, CA 90230; (310) 390-5203
- Palms Cycle - 3770 Motor Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90034; (310) 838- 9644
Downtown / Central LA
- Just Ride L.A. - 1626 S. Hill Street (at Venice Blvd), Los Angeles, CA 90015; (213) 745-6783. In order to ensure availability, please reserve up to 3 days in advance. Also offers locks and helmets.
- DTLA Bikes - 425 S. Broadway (at 4th St), Los Angeles, CA 90013; (213) 533-8000 Fleet of 200+ bikes ready to ride! Also offers helmets.
- El Maestro Bicycle Shop - 806 S. Main St., Los Angeles, CA 90014; (213) 627-0580
- LA Golden Bicycles – 4001 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010; (213) 739-9911
- I. Martin Bicycles - 8330 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90048; (323) 653-6900
- Speedworkz - 3110 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90026; (323) 369-9036
- Coco’s Variety Store - 2427 Riverside Drive., Silverlake; (323) 664-7400
Glendale / Atwater Village
- Bicycle Pit Stop - 667 Alexander St., Glendale, CA 91203; (818) 839-0721
- Bicycle Land - 422 N Glendale Ave., Glendale, CA 91206; (818) 242 - 6906
- All Things Bicycle - 310 Fischer St., Glendale, CA 91205; (310) 733-0903
- Spokes N Stuff - Griffith Park Ranger Station, 4730 Crystal Springs Ave., Griffith Park, CA 90027; (323) 662-6573
- Coco's Variety Bike Shop, 2427 Riverside Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90039; (323) 664-7400
- Lincoln Heights Cyclery, 3422 N Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90031; (323) 221-2670
- Bike Oven, 3706 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90065; (626) 357-6799
- Bicycle Doctor, 5003 York Blvd, Highland Park, CA 90042; (323) 259-3131
- Raffi's Bicycles, 5509 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90042; (323) 474-6340
- Ryky’s Bike Shop, 2424 Daly St, Los Angeles, CA 90031; (213) 703-8909
- Bike Station Long Beach- 223 E 1st Street, Long Beach, CA 90802; (562) 436-2453
- 404 Bike Sales & Rentals - 3329 E 4th Street, Long Beach, CA 90814; (562) 343-1411
- Velo Pacific - 5470 E 2nd Street, Long Beach, CA, 90803; (562) 433-5801
- Wheel Fun Rentals - 429 Shoreline Village Dr. Ste G, Long Beach, CA 90802; (562) 951-3857
- Alfredo's Beach Shack - 2630 E Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90803; (562) 253-5234
Marina Del Ray
- Daniel's Bike Rentals - Fisherman's Village, 13737 Fiji Way, Marina Del Ray, CA 90292; (310) 980-4045
- Marina Electric Bikes & Beach Cruisers - 3111 Ocean Front Walk, Marina Del Ray, CA 90292; (310) 301-2453. Beach cruisers available for rent: call a day in advance.
- Bike Attack Playa Vista - 12775 Millennium, Playa Vista CA 90094; (310) 862-5001.
- LA Brakeless - 12220 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90066; (310) 313-6300
- The Recyclist Bike Shop - 12220 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90066; (310) 864-3780
San Fernando Valley
- Van's Cyclery - 11407 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood, CA 91606; (818) 760-6960. Call a few days in advance to rent a bike - limited quantities available.
- Retro Xpress Bicycles - 14503 Victory Blvd., Van Nuys, CA 91401; (818) 200-9463.
- Wheel Fun Rentals - 6300 Balboa Blvd. Van Nuys, CA 91316; (818) 212-4263. A wide range of bikes are available including cruisers, choppers, tandems and surreys.
- LA Bike Adventures - 7736 Amestoy Ave, Van Nuys, CA 91406; (818) 826-2011. Mountain bikes and gravel bikes (can be converted into road bikes)
San Gabriel Valley
- Pasadena Cyclery, 1670 E Walnut St, Pasadena, CA 91106; (626) 795-2866
- Incycle Bicycles, 175 S Fair Oaks Ave, Pasadena, CA 91105; (626) 577-0440
- Velo Pasadena Inc, 2562 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91107; (626) 304-0064
- Jones Bicycles II, 2523 Huntington Dr., San Marino, CA 91108; (626) 793-4227
- Santa Monica Bike Center - 1555 2nd Street, Unit A, Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 656-8500
- Bike Attack & Electric - 2904 Main St., Santa Monica, CA 90405; (424) 744-8148
- The Bike Shop Santa Monica - 2400 Main St., Santa Monica, CA 90405; (310) 581-8014
- Spokes N Stuff - 1700 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 3995-4748
- Cynergy Cycles - 2300 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90404; (310) 857-1500
- WestSide Bicycles - 700 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 576-9900
- Santa Monica Beach Bicycle Rentals - 1428 4th St., Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 428-5337
- Bicycle Ambulance - 2212 Lincoln Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405; (310) 395-5026
- Blazing Saddles - 320 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 393-9778
- Bikes and Hikes LA - 8250 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90046; (323) 796-8555. Rentals include helmet, safety vest, lock and map of LA.
- Bike Curious Rentals - 34 Windward Ave., Venice, CA 90291 ; Call or text (310) 702-2823
- Jays Rentals Venice Beach - 501 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291; (310) 392-7306
- Spokes N Stuff - The Inn at Venice Beach, 327 Washington Blvd, Venice, CA 90291; (310) 439-7276
- Venice Bike & Skates - 21 Washington Blvd., Venice, CA 90292; (310) 301-4011. First come, first served.
- Boardwalk Skate & Surf - 201 1/2 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291; (310) 450-6634
- The Bicycle Whisperer - 724 Vernon Ct., Venice, CA 90291; (310) 612-1409
- Perry's Cafe -3100 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90292; (310) 823-6730. Venice Beach at end of Washington Blvd.
- Perry's Cafe - 2500 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90293; (310) 823-1453. Venice Beach at end of North Venice Blvd.
- Bikecology - 9006 W. Pico Blvd., West Los Angeles, CA 90035; (310) 278-0915
- Bike Improve - 10929 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025; (310) 400-0363
- Helen's Cycles: Westwood Village - 1071 Gayley Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90024; (310) 208-8988
- UCLA Bike Shop - 2131 John Wooden Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095; (310) 206-7219
Enjoy a Safe CicLAvia
Need Help on the Route?
Law Enforcement & Emergency Personnel: The Los Angeles Police Department provides a strong security presence at CicLAvia. In addition, there are emergency medical technicians stationed at each Hub, and other response personnel are available along the route.
In case of an accident, go to the nearest Hub to report it to CicLAvia staff. If you are between Hubs, look for the nearest uniformed officer or responder, or CicLAvia staff member.
If you notice any suspicious activity or a suspicious package, immediately report it to the nearest CicLAvia staff member or uniformed officer.
At CicLAvia, the safety and well being of our participants is our primary concern. We work closely with local authorities to provide as safe and secure an environment as possible. We also partner with other local agencies that provide additional security elements along the route and at public transit locations.
Contact Staff & Volunteers: CicLAvia staff can be identified by the bright blue CicLAvia t-shirt with yellow lettering that says STAFF on the back. CicLAvia volunteers can be identified by the bright yellow CicLAvia t-shirt with blue lettering that says VOLUNTEER on the back.
Staff members and volunteers can assist with you with finding the answers to questions and with helping to find the right person to respond to emergencies. If you are missing a member of your party, have been in a minor accident or have been part of an incident, please contact staff at the nearest CicLAvia Hub. This is often the fastest way to ensure police officers or emergency personnel respond to the situation rapidly and effectively.
The following are not permitted at CicLAvia, due to LA City law:
- unauthorized solicitation
- alcoholic beverages
- narcotics or illegal drugs
- bathing in pools or fountains
- damage to property
- feeding animals
- firecrackers or explosives
- littering (including pet waste)
- public intoxication
- unauthorized driving or parking
- unauthorized vending
- unleashed animals
How to CicLAvia
CicLAvia provides the chance for participants to enjoy a fun day connecting with their fellow Angelenos and their city in a whole new way. Participants are welcome to walk, bike, skate, run...any people-powered form of transport is allowed! CicLAvia works hard to provide a safe and secure environment for all participants. By familiarizing yourself with the following information, you can help to make CicLAvia a great event for everyone.
Timing your trip
CicLAvia lasts from 9:00am–4:00pm. Please budget your time accordingly. Make sure you return to your point of origin or final destination by 4:00pm to avoid car traffic when the route reopens.
Share the Road
Cars are not allowed at CicLAvia, but any other form of non-motorized transportation is. Be aware of how people around you are traveling – biking, walking, skating, etc. – and respect their right to the road.
Police, transit officers, and CicLAvia volunteers will be at crossing intersections to monitor the flow of CicLAvia and car traffic. Riders and pedestrians must stop at car and pedestrian intersections when told to do so.
Please monitor your speed going down a hill. Also stay within the speed of the flow of traffic when it is too congested to pass.
There are often mandatory dismount locations. There will be signs at the dismount locations and volunteers instructing riders to dismount.
Biking with Children
Our friends at REI have a comprehensive information and video page about biking with children. Please take the time to review this information if you plan to enjoy CicLAvia with a child.
Helmets for Children
All children 18 and under are required by law to wear a helmet if they are on a bike, scooter, skateboard, skates or other type of geared or wheeled-transportation.
Kids Zones will offer fun bike and pedestrian safety workshops and other exciting activities.
Experienced Riders Recommended
CicLAvia is not an ideal place to teach a child, or an adult, how to ride due to the heavy flow of bike, board, and pedestrian traffic. While we encourage participants of all ages and skill levels, we strongly suggest that children and all participants learn the basics of bike riding before participating on the CicLAvia route.
Rain or Shine
CicLAvia will go on, rain or shine!
Here are a few things to remember when riding or skating in wet conditions.
Slow down. It’s easier to lose traction, especially in turns, when the road is wet. Avoid sharp turns and high speed turns so your bike won’t slide out from under you.
Skidding is more likely when the road is wet. Modulate your braking to avoid a skid.
Give yourself extra time and distance to stop.
Rim brake users, remember your rims are wet so it takes a little longer for your brake pads to catch. Pumping your brakes will help.
Be more cautious on (or avoid) surfaces that are extra slippery when wet: metal plates, manhole covers, train tracks, storm grates, and street “paint”.
Avoid riding through standing water or piles of wet leaves, which might conceal road defects.
Visibility is reduced when it’s raining. Wear bright, reflective clothing and use front and rear lights to help you see and be seen (even during the day).
Tips from our good friends at LA County Bicycle Coalition