CicLAvia - Heart of LA
Get ready for our annual Heart of LA Route on Sunday, October 8th as CicLAvia returns to Chinatown, DTLA, Echo Park and Boyle Heights! Streets will be closed to cars and open for cyclists, pedestrians, runners and skaters to use as a recreational space.
Planning a feeder ride or walk and want to add it to our site? Email email@example.com!
New to CicLAvia? Here are some things you need to know for October 8th:
- CicLAvia is FREE!
- CicLAvia lasts from 9 AM until 4 PM
- CicLAvia closes streets to car traffic and opens them for people to walk, skate, bike, play, and explore parts of Los Angeles.
- CicLAvia is not a race! There's no starting point or finish line - begin where you like and enjoy the day your way.
- CicLAvia traffic flows in two directions, just like regular traffic. Check out some more safety tips.
Questions or Concerns
General event information: please contact CicLAvia at 213.355.8500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For concerns regarding the Los Angeles street closure permit, contact LA Bureau of Street Services, Investigation and Enforcement Division, Special Events at 213.847.6000.
Feeder Walks & Rides
Planning a feeder ride or walk and want to add it to our site? Email email@example.com!
Check out your feeder ride and group-walk options for CicLAvia on October 8th:
Walk Bike Glendale will lead a group from the Glendale Transportation Center (Metrolink) to downtown LA for the open street event, CicLAvia Heart of L.A., on Sunday, October 8, 2017. The route features a short segment of the LA River Trail, and bike ride through DTLA.
Date: Sunday, October 8th
Time: Meet 8:30am leave 9:00am
Where: Glendale Transportation Center - 400 W Cerritos Ave, Glendale, CA 91204
All Souls World Language Catholic School will lead a group from the Chinatown East Gate for the open street event, CicLAvia Heart of L.A., on Sunday, October 8, 2017. Route to be determined through Downtown Los Angeles, Echo Park, or Boyle Heights!
Date: Sunday, October 8th
Time: Meet 11:00am
Where: Chinatown East Gate - 937 N. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Come join the Black Kids on Bikes fam as we lead one of the feeder rides to the big event. We will meet up at 09:00am in Leimert for a Pre-Roll Tune Up session brought to you by wrenching hands of The Freedom Ride L.A.
Show up, tune up, sip up, then push off towards the heart of Downtown LA to roll the 6+ miles of car free roads.
Date: Sunday, October 8th
Time: Meet 9:00am
Where: Leimert Park - 4343 Crenshaw Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90008
Please note that the CicLAvia event hours are 9 am to 4 pm. Street closures will be in effect from 7 am to approximately 6 pm.
On Sunday, October 8th, CicLAvia - Heart of LA will remove cars from certain streets in DTLA, Little Tokyo, Chinatown, Boyle Heights and Echo Park, and open them up for people to walk, skate, bike, play, and explore from 9am–4pm.
Join us for a community meeting to learn about street closures, business opportunities, family activities, volunteer positions and more:
CicLAvia is one of the largest open streets events in the country — a free event, open to all. At CicLAvia, streets are car-free for individuals and families to explore the city by foot, bike, and other forms of non- motorized transport. Is your business on or near the route? Here are some tips for engaging thousands of new potential customers!
Business Opportunity Flyer/ Folletos de Oportunidades Comerciales
What Will You See at CicLAvia?
- Tens of thousands of participants on car-free streets from all over the region eager to explore the neighborhood
- Happy people looking for their new favorite spot
- Safe, fun and family-oriented activities
- Police and Department of Transportation Officers responsible for traffic and crowd control along the route
- CicLAvia staff and volunteers on the route assisting participants with questions and concerns
- Restrooms, free water, first aid, trash/ recycling, bike parking and information booths at Hubs along the route
Take Advantage of the Thousands of Potential Customers Passing By Your Door!
- PLAN TO BE OPEN ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. Make your store- front visible with signs and banners.
- BRING YOUR BUSINESS OUTSIDE If you have permission to use the sidewalk in front of your business, feel free to bring products, music or seating outside. If you activate your sidewalk you must maintain a 4’ clearance for ADA access. (Please note: under the terms of CicLAvia’s permit, no stationary objects are allowed in the street.)
- GET FEATURED ON THE CICLAVIA DIGITAL MAP. Businesses that offer a special CicLAvia discount can be listed for free on our interactive digital map, see below for details to join the CicLAvia Savings program.
- HELP GET THE WORD OUT IN ADVANCE. Put up a CicLAvia poster or give CicLAvia postcards to your customers! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and suggestions.
Participate in the CicLAvia Savings Program
Is Your Business on the Route? Encourage participants to stop by on the day of the event by offering a special discount to CicLAvia participants. We’ll highlight your family-friendly business* for free on the CicLAvia website, subject to approval. Follow these guidelines to join:
- Offer discount on day of CicLAvia during all business hours.
- Send the name of your business, discount offer, business address, and website link (if available) to email@example.com or call 213.355.8500 by Monday, October 2. Include name, email, and contact information for your business.
*e.g. restaurants, movie theaters, toy stores, clothing shops, hair salons, banks.
How Will Car Access & Parking Be Handled?
- PLEASE BE AWARE that all drive- ways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 7:00am on Sunday, October 8.
- If your vehicle is parked in your drive- way and you need to use it after 7:00am on October 8, please park elsewhere as the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6:00pm. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route during this time.
- Street closures begin at 6:00am, with full route closures in place by 7:00am. The event runs from 9:00am–4:00pm, and streets will be fully open to cars by approximately 6:00pm.
- Cars can cross the route at selected major streets (see map). Pedestrian crossings will also be available along the route to give people access to businesses and buildings on both sides of the street. All other cross streets will be closed at the route. Streets adjacent to the route will remain open to local access for residents and businesses.
- NO PARKING allowed on the route after 1:00am on Sunday, October 8, 2017. Parking restrictions will be posted and towing will be enforced.
- Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood
- If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8:00pm on Saturday, October 7 through 6:00pm on Sunday, October 8. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia, 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
Live/Work Along the Route
If you live/work along the route and would like more information about how CicLAvia will affect your neighborhood on October 8th, please download the CicLAvia route notification flyer. The flyer has information about the streets that will be closed, parking restriction and parking options for residents and employees of local businesses.
The route will be closed to vehicles from 7:00am to approximately 6:00pm on Sunday, October 8.
NO PARKING will be allowed from 1:00am–6:00pm on Sunday, October 8 on the CicLAvia route. Parking restrictions will be enforced and vehicles will be towed beginning at 1:00am. Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood.
NO VEHICLES are allowed on the route between 7:00am and approximately 6:00pm. There are crossing points at several intersections where vehicles can cross along route.
Please be aware that all driveways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 8:00am on Sunday, October. If your vehicle is parked in your driveway and you need to use it after 7:00am on October 8, please park elsewhere as the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6:00pm. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route during this time.
All buses that usually run along the CicLAvia route will be detoured. Please check our bus detour info page and your local bus stop for detour information.
If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8:00pm on Saturday, October 7 through 6:00pm on Sunday, October 8. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia, 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
All buses along the CicLAvia route will be detoured. Check your bus stop on Saturday, October 7th for posted signs outlining specific detours for your stop.
Getting to the Route and Parking
Click below for information on getting to the CicLAvia route on Sunday, October 8th!
Metro Bikeshare is live in DTLA! Metro will be setting up extra bike share stations along 5th street between Hill and Broadway!
Grab a bike at any of these stations close to the CicLAvia route:
- 7th & Bixel - 1107 W. 7th St.
- Figueroa & 8th - 735 S. Figueroa St.
- Flower & 7th - 723 Flower St.
- Grand & 7th - 700 S. Grand Ave.
- Olive & 8th - 729 S. Olive St.
- 7th & Broadway - 307 W. 7th St.
- 7th & Spring - 201 W. 7th St.
- Broadway & 3rd - 303 S. Broadway St.
- Spring & 3rd - 300 S. Spring St.
- Hill & 2nd - 201 S. Hill St.
- New High & Ord - 725 New High St.
- Spring & College - 870 N. Spring St.
- Hill & College - 881 N. Hill St.
- Main & 1st - 120 S. Main St.
- 1st & Judge John Aiso - 134 Judge John Aiso St.
- 1st & Central - 369 E. 1st St.
- Traction & Rose - 599 Traction Ave.
- 5th & Hewitt - 1210 E. 5th St.
- Exit Chinatown Station
- West on College
- North on Broadway
- You'll run into the Chinatown Hub
Mariachi Plaza Station
- Exit Mariachi Plaza station and you'll be right in the Mariachi Plaza Hub
Expo, Purple, Red & Blue Line
7th Street/Metro Center
- Ride east on 7th street and turn left onto Broadway and you will arrive at the Broadway Hub!
Purple and Red Line
Pershing Square Station
- Exit at 5th and Hill, ride east towards Broadway and you will be on the route! Please note: Metro will have special bike share stations along 5th street Between Hill and Broadway! Ride the Red or Purple line to Pershing Square and grab a Metro Bike Share bike!
Echo Park Hub Access:
While there’s no rail that will drop you off directly in Echo Park, there are plenty of bus options to take.
Metro Bus Lines 2, 4, and 704:
Take either of these bus lines to Sunset/Echo Park. Head south on Echo Park Avenue, towards the park. Turn right on Bellevue, and you’ll be at the Echo Park Hub.
Service available on Antelope Valley, Inland Empire-Orange County, Orange County, 91, and San Bernardino lines to Union Station.
- Head west out of Union Station and ride towards El Pueblo/Olvera Street.
- Head south on Sanchez
- Turn right on Arcadia
- Turn left onto spring. You will be on the route when you hit 2nd street!
DTLA - Spring Street, Main Street
Joe's Auto Parks, 843 S Spring St. - Parking Lot. Traffic on Spring heads south only.
Joe’s Auto Parks, 839 S Spring St. - Parking Lot. Traffic on Spring heads south only.
Joe's Auto Parks, 817 S Spring St. - Parking Lot. Traffic on Spring St. heads south only
805 S Spring St. - Parking Lot. Traffic on Spring St. heads south only
Joe's Auto Parks, 820 Main St. - Parking Lot.
Joe’s Auto Parks, 854 S. Main St. - Parking Lot. Traffic on Main St. heads north only
810 S Main St. - Parking Lot. Traffic on Main St. heads north only
617 Spring St. - Parking Lot. Traffic on Spring St heads south only
536 Spring St. - Parking Lot. Traffic on Spring heads south only
530 Spring St. - Parking Structure. Traffic on Spring St heads south only
Joe's Auto Parks, 449 Spring St.
Joe's Auto Parks, 433 S Main St. - Parking Lot. Traffic on Main St heads north only
401 S Spring St. - Parking Lot.
Paragon Parking, 340 Spring St. - Parking Lot.
Joe's Auto Parks, 330 Main St. - Parking Lot.
Joe's Auto Parks, 253 S Main St. - Parking Lot. Traffic on Main St. heads north only.
Joe's Auto Parks, 233 S Main St. - Parking Lot. Traffic on Main St. heads north only.
Broadway Spring Center - 333 S Spring St. - Parking Structure
Bamboo Plaza Parking, 420 Bernard St. - Parking Structure. (19 Spots)
Joe's Auto Parks, 211 Alpine St. - Parking Lot.
The Shop Parking, 843 - 861 N Spring St. - Parking Structure.
419 W College St. - LA Chinatown Public Parking Lot.
Alpine Tower Parking, 767 N Hill St - Underground Parking.
Far East Plaza Parking, 727 N Broadway - Underground Parking.
725 N Spring St. - Parking Lot.
410 N Ord St. - Parking Lot.
665 N Spring St. - Parking Lot.
983 N Hill St. - Parking Lot. (valet only)
236 S Los Angeles St. - Underground Parking Structure
101 N Judge John Aiso St. - Underground Parking Structure
Weller Court, 123 Astronaut E Onizuka St. - Underground Parking Structure
333 Alameda St. - Parking Structure
428 E Temple St - Parking Lot (5 ADA spaces)
830 Traction Ave - Parking lot
318 N Breed St. - Parking Lot
249 N Chicago St - Parking Lot
1152 Lemoyne St. - Parking Lot
1143 Logan St. - Parking Lot
1146 Logan St. - Parking Lot
1146 Glendale Blvd - Parking Lot
1707 Sunset Blvd - Parking Lot
DTLA - Grand Ave, Figueroa Street
106 S Beaudry Ave - Parking Lot
The Promenade - 700-720 W 1st St. - Underground Parking
Figueroa Plaza - 221 N Figueroa St - Underground Parking. Traffic on Figueroa goes south only.
World Trade Center - 350 S Figueroa St. - Underground Parking
Music Center Parking - 111 S Grand Ave - Underground Parking
221 S Grand Ave - Parking Structure
Grand Promenade - 255 S Grand Ave - Underground Parking
California Plaza - 300 S Grand Ave - Underground Parking
DTLA - Hill Street, Olive Street
Grand Central Square Parking - 308 S Hill St - Parking Structure.
222 S Hill St. - Parking Structure
408 S Hill St. - Parking Structure
140 S Olive St. - Parking Lot
137 S Hill St. - Parking Lot
Wells Fargo Center - 235 S Hill St. - Parking Structure (ADA spaces available)
Los Angeles Athletic Club - 646 S Olive St. - Parking Structure. Traffic on Olive goes north only.
725 S Hill St Parking - Parking Lot
731 S Hill St, Los Angeles - Parking Lot
737 S Hill St Los Angeles - Parking Lot
618 S Olive St. - Parking Lot. Traffic on Olive goes north only.
Pershing Square Garage - 532 S Olive St. - Underground Parking. Traffic on Olive goes north only.
PacMutual - 523 W 6th St. - Underground Parking. Enter on Olive street. Traffic on 6th street goes east only; traffic on olive goes north only.
338 S Hill St. - Parking Lot
CicLAvia welcomes all to the event, and works to make each route accessible to all individuals. CicLAvia utilizes the infrastructure of the city of Los Angeles, so participants can enter or exit anywhere along the route, making use of city streets, ramps and sidewalks. When facilities are added to the route at hubs (restrooms, water areas), they are all ADA compliant. There are gradual inclines along each route and any portion deemed steep will have volunteers stationed to guide participants. While steep areas and congested areas are usually mandatory dismount zones, participants unable to dismount are not required to do so. Service animals are welcome.
The CicLAvia press event, location TBA soon, will be ASL interpreted.
Click below for detailed information:
Hubs are resting and meeting points along the route. Each hub has free basic bike repair, bike parking, an information booth, CicLAvia merchandise, free drinking water and ADA-compliant restrooms. Some hubs include additional programming and activities.
- Echo Park Hub - 1632 Bellevue Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90026
- Broadway Hub - 659 S. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90014
- Chinatown Hub - 942 N. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Mariachi Plaza Hub - 1801 E. 1st Street, Los Angeles, CA 90033
Mileage Between Hubs
This route is mostly flat with a couple of gradual inclines described here:
- From the 2nd street tunnel to the Echo Park Hub there is a gradual incline of 72 feet
- The 4th street bridge has an incline on both sides - from Merrick or Anderson there is a gradual incline of 28 feet
- From Broadway and 7th to the Chinatown Hub there is an extremely gradual incline of 60.7 feet
- There is a short hill at 4th street just west of Boyle Ave
Participants with mobility limitations are welcome to use motorized wheelchairs, scooters, pedal-assist bikes, and adaptive bicycles.
Catch a free pedicab ride—brought to you by AARP—to enjoy the adventure of CicLAvia. Pedicab stops are located at each hub's info booth, and will travel between hubs. Look for the pedicab stop sign at each hub’s information booth. Pedicabs are available on a first-come, first served basis. Riders must be able to step into or transfer into the pedicab.
These are flat, street-level parking areas that do not require the use of stairs, escalators or elevators. All lots are near the route. There are many more options on parkme.com - head over to that website for more parking near the route!
DTLA - Spring Street, Main Street
Joe’s Auto Parks, 854 S. Main St. - Open-Air Parking Lot with 117 spaces (4 ADA). Traffic on Main St. heads north only. Less than 0.5mi from Broadway Hub.
Paragon Parking, 340 Spring St. - Open-Air Parking Lot with 123 spaces. Less than 1mi from Broadway Hub.
Joe's Auto Parks, 330 Main St. - Open-Air Parking Lot with 206 spaces (5 ADA). 0.5mi from Broadway Hub.
419 W College St. - the LA Chinatown Public Parking Lot has 40 spaces (2 ADA). Less than 300 feet from Chinatown Hub!
713 N Hill St. - Open-Air Parking Lot with 330 spaces (at least 5 ADA). Less than 0.5mi from Chinatown Hub.
725 N Spring St. - Open-Air Parking Lot with 240 spaces (7 ADA). Less than 0.5mi from Chinatown Hub.
318 N Breed St. - Open-Air Parking Lot (1 ADA space). Less than 1mi from Mariachi Plaza Hub.
249 N Chicago St - Open-Air Parking Lot (2 ADA spaces). 1mi from Mariachi Plaza Hub.
1143 Logan St. - Open-Air Parking Lot with 69 spaces (2 ADA). Less than 1mi from Echo Park Hub.
1146 Logan St. - Open-Air Parking Lot with 76 spaces (2 ADA). Less than 1mi from Echo Park Hub.
Want to ride a bike, rollerblades, or skateboard on CicLAvia but don't own one? No problem. Here are several bike & skate shops that we know of that offer rentals. Be sure to call ahead and pay for your reservation in advance, because rentals definitely sell out.
P.S. Bikes are not required to participate! You can walk, run, skate, scoot, pedicab, rollerblade - or use anything else that is people-powered - to join in!
Rent a Bike for CicLAvia
Download the Metro Bike app to locate a station near you.
- Synaptic Cycles - Los Angeles road bike rentals, delivered to your door for free. (310) 925-3969
Throughout LA County
(sorted alphabetically by neighborhood)
- Helen's Cycles Beverly - 8330 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048; (323) 653-6900
- Labrea Bike Works - 5850 W 3rd St., Los Angeles, CA 90036; (323) 285-1655
- Beverly Hills Bike Shop - 10546 West Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90064; (310) 275-2453
- Abba Padre - Closed on Sundays, but open for rentals on Saturdays. 4219 Sepulveda Blvd. #A, Culver City, CA 90230; (310) 390-5203
- Palms Cycle - 3770 Motor Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90034; (310) 838- 9644
Downtown / Central LA
- Just Ride L.A. - 1626 S. Hill Street (at Venice Blvd), Los Angeles, CA 90015; (213) 745-6783. In order to ensure availability, please reserve up to 3 days in advance. Also offers locks and helmets.
- DTLA Bikes - 425 S. Broadway (at 4th St), Los Angeles, CA 90013; (213) 533-8000 Fleet of 200+ bikes ready to ride! Also offers helmets.
- El Maestro Bicycle Shop - 806 S. Main St., Los Angeles, CA 90014; (213) 627-0580
- LA Golden Bicycles – 4001 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010; (213) 739-9911
- I. Martin Bicycles - 8330 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90048; (323) 653-6900
- Speedworkz - 3110 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90026; (323) 369-9036
- Coco’s Variety Store - 2427 Riverside Drive., Silverlake; (323) 664-7400
Glendale / Atwater Village
- Bicycle Pit Stop - 667 Alexander St., Glendale, CA 91203; (818) 839-0721
- Bicycle Land - 422 N Glendale Ave., Glendale, CA 91206; (818) 242 - 6906
- All Things Bicycle - 310 Fischer St., Glendale, CA 91205; (310) 733-0903
- Spokes N Stuff - Griffith Park Ranger Station, 4730 Crystal Springs Ave., Griffith Park, CA 90027; (323) 662-6573
- Coco's Variety Bike Shop, 2427 Riverside Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90039; (323) 664-7400
- Lincoln Heights Cyclery, 3422 N Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90031; (323) 221-2670
- Bike Oven, 3706 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90065; (626) 357-6799
- Bicycle Doctor, 5003 York Blvd, Highland Park, CA 90042; (323) 259-3131
- Raffi's Bicycles, 5509 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90042; (323) 474-6340
- Ryky’s Bike Shop, 2424 Daly St, Los Angeles, CA 90031; (213) 703-8909
- Bike Station Long Beach- 223 E 1st Street, Long Beach, CA 90802; (562) 436-2453
- 404 Bike Sales & Rentals - 3329 E 4th Street, Long Beach, CA 90814; (562) 343-1411
- Velo Pacific - 5470 E 2nd Street, Long Beach, CA, 90803; (562) 433-5801
- Wheel Fun Rentals - 429 Shoreline Village Dr. Ste G, Long Beach, CA 90802; (562) 951-3857
- Alfredo's Beach Shack - 2630 E Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90803; (562) 253-5234
Marina Del Ray
- Daniel's Bike Rentals - Fisherman's Village, 13737 Fiji Way, Marina Del Ray, CA 90292; (310) 980-4045
- Marina Electric Bikes & Beach Cruisers - 3111 Ocean Front Walk, Marina Del Ray, CA 90292; (310) 301-2453. Beach cruisers available for rent: call a day in advance.
- Bike Attack Playa Vista - 12775 Millennium, Playa Vista CA 90094; (310) 862-5001.
- LA Brakeless - 12220 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90066; (310) 313-6300
- The Recyclist Bike Shop - 12220 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90066; (310) 864-3780
San Fernando Valley
- Van's Cyclery - 11407 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood, CA 91606; (818) 760-6960. Call a few days in advance to rent a bike - limited quantities available.
- Retro Xpress Bicycles - 14503 Victory Blvd., Van Nuys, CA 91401; (818) 200-9463.
- Wheel Fun Rentals - 6300 Balboa Blvd. Van Nuys, CA 91316; (818) 212-4263. A wide range of bikes are available including cruisers, choppers, tandems and surreys.
- LA Bike Adventures - 7736 Amestoy Ave, Van Nuys, CA 91406; (818) 826-2011. Mountain bikes and gravel bikes (can be converted into road bikes)
San Gabriel Valley
- Pasadena Cyclery, 1670 E Walnut St, Pasadena, CA 91106; (626) 795-2866
- Incycle Bicycles, 175 S Fair Oaks Ave, Pasadena, CA 91105; (626) 577-0440
- Velo Pasadena Inc, 2562 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91107; (626) 304-0064
- Jones Bicycles II, 2523 Huntington Dr., San Marino, CA 91108; (626) 793-4227
- Santa Monica Bike Center - 1555 2nd Street, Unit A, Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 656-8500
- Bike Attack & Electric - 2904 Main St., Santa Monica, CA 90405; (424) 744-8148
- The Bike Shop Santa Monica - 2400 Main St., Santa Monica, CA 90405; (310) 581-8014
- Spokes N Stuff - 1700 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 3995-4748
- Cynergy Cycles - 2300 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90404; (310) 857-1500
- WestSide Bicycles - 700 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 576-9900
- Santa Monica Beach Bicycle Rentals - 1428 4th St., Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 428-5337
- Bicycle Ambulance - 2212 Lincoln Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405; (310) 395-5026
- Blazing Saddles - 320 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 393-9778
- Bikes and Hikes LA - 8250 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90046; (323) 796-8555. Rentals include helmet, safety vest, lock and map of LA.
- Bike Curious Rentals - 34 Windward Ave., Venice, CA 90291 ; Call or text (310) 702-2823
- Jays Rentals Venice Beach - 501 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291; (310) 392-7306
- Spokes N Stuff - The Inn at Venice Beach, 327 Washington Blvd, Venice, CA 90291; (310) 439-7276
- Venice Bike & Skates - 21 Washington Blvd., Venice, CA 90292; (310) 301-4011. First come, first served.
- Boardwalk Skate & Surf - 201 1/2 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291; (310) 450-6634
- The Bicycle Whisperer - 724 Vernon Ct., Venice, CA 90291; (310) 612-1409
- Perry's Cafe -3100 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90292; (310) 823-6730. Venice Beach at end of Washington Blvd.
- Perry's Cafe - 2500 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90293; (310) 823-1453. Venice Beach at end of North Venice Blvd.
- Bikecology - 9006 W. Pico Blvd., West Los Angeles, CA 90035; (310) 278-0915
- Bike Improve - 10929 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025; (310) 400-0363
- Helen's Cycles: Westwood Village - 1071 Gayley Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90024; (310) 208-8988
- UCLA Bike Shop - 2131 John Wooden Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095; (310) 206-7219
Enjoy a Safe CicLAvia
Need Help on the Route?
Law Enforcement & Emergency Personnel: The Los Angeles Police Department provides a strong security presence at CicLAvia. In addition, there are emergency medical technicians stationed at each Hub, and other response personnel are available along the route.
In case of an accident, go to the nearest Hub to report it to CicLAvia staff. If you are between Hubs, look for the nearest uniformed officer or responder, or CicLAvia staff member.
If you notice any suspicious activity or a suspicious package, immediately report it to the nearest CicLAvia staff member or uniformed officer.
At CicLAvia, the safety and well being of our participants is our primary concern. We work closely with local authorities to provide as safe and secure an environment as possible. We also partner with other local agencies that provide additional security elements along the route and at public transit locations.
Contact Staff & Volunteers: CicLAvia staff can be identified by the bright blue CicLAvia t-shirt with yellow lettering that says STAFF on the back. CicLAvia volunteers can be identified by the bright yellow CicLAvia t-shirt with blue lettering that says VOLUNTEER on the back.
Staff members and volunteers can assist with you with finding the answers to questions and with helping to find the right person to respond to emergencies. If you are missing a member of your party, have been in a minor accident or have been part of an incident, please contact staff at the nearest CicLAvia Hub. This is often the fastest way to ensure police officers or emergency personnel respond to the situation rapidly and effectively.
The following are not permitted at CicLAvia, due to LA City law:
- unauthorized solicitation
- alcoholic beverages
- narcotics or illegal drugs
- bathing in pools or fountains
- damage to property
- feeding animals
- firecrackers or explosives
- littering (including pet waste)
- public intoxication
- unauthorized driving or parking
- unauthorized vending
- unleashed animals
How to CicLAvia
CicLAvia provides the chance for participants to enjoy a fun day connecting with their fellow Angelenos and their city in a whole new way. Participants are welcome to walk, bike, skate, run...any people-powered form of transport is allowed! CicLAvia works hard to provide a safe and secure environment for all participants. By familiarizing yourself with the following information, you can help to make CicLAvia a great event for everyone.
Timing your trip
CicLAvia lasts from 9:00am–4:00pm. Please budget your time accordingly. Make sure you return to your point of origin or final destination by 4:00pm to avoid car traffic when the route reopens.
Share the Road
Cars are not allowed at CicLAvia, but any other form of non-motorized transportation is. Be aware of how people around you are traveling – biking, walking, skating, etc. – and respect their right to the road.
Police, transit officers, and CicLAvia volunteers will be at crossing intersections to monitor the flow of CicLAvia and car traffic. Riders and pedestrians must stop at car and pedestrian intersections when told to do so.
Please monitor your speed going down a hill. Also stay within the speed of the flow of traffic when it is too congested to pass.
There are often mandatory dismount locations. There will be signs at the dismount locations and volunteers instructing riders to dismount.
Biking with Children
Our friends at REI have a comprehensive information and video page about biking with children. Please take the time to review this information if you plan to enjoy CicLAvia with a child.
Helmets for Children
All children 18 and under are required by law to wear a helmet if they are on a bike, scooter, skateboard, skates or other type of geared or wheeled-transportation.
Kids Zones will offer fun bike and pedestrian safety workshops and other exciting activities.
Experienced Riders Recommended
CicLAvia is not an ideal place to teach a child, or an adult, how to ride due to the heavy flow of bike, board, and pedestrian traffic. While we encourage participants of all ages and skill levels, we strongly suggest that children and all participants learn the basics of bike riding before participating on the CicLAvia route.
Rain or Shine
CicLAvia will go on, rain or shine!
Here are a few things to remember when riding or skating in wet conditions.
Slow down. It’s easier to lose traction, especially in turns, when the road is wet. Avoid sharp turns and high speed turns so your bike won’t slide out from under you.
Skidding is more likely when the road is wet. Modulate your braking to avoid a skid.
Give yourself extra time and distance to stop.
Rim brake users, remember your rims are wet so it takes a little longer for your brake pads to catch. Pumping your brakes will help.
Be more cautious on (or avoid) surfaces that are extra slippery when wet: metal plates, manhole covers, train tracks, storm grates, and street “paint”.
Avoid riding through standing water or piles of wet leaves, which might conceal road defects.
Visibility is reduced when it’s raining. Wear bright, reflective clothing and use front and rear lights to help you see and be seen (even during the day).
Tips from our good friends at LA County Bicycle Coalition