Ciclavia Iconic Wilshire Boulevard
CicLAvia heads back to Iconic Wilshire Boulevard on December 10 as Koreatown, Westlake, and Downtown Los Angeles will host the country’s largest open streets event! Streets will be closed to cars and open for cyclists, pedestrians, runners and skaters to use as a recreational space.
Planning a feeder ride or walk and want to add it to our site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
New to CicLAvia? Here are some things you need to know for December 10th:
- CicLAvia is FREE!
- CicLAvia lasts from 9 AM until 3 PM
- CicLAvia closes streets to car traffic and opens them for people to walk, skate, bike, play, and explore parts of Los Angeles.
- CicLAvia is not a race! There's no starting point or finish line - begin where you like and enjoy the day your way.
- CicLAvia traffic flows in two directions, just like regular traffic. Check out some more safety tips.
Questions or Concerns
General event information: please contact CicLAvia at 213.355.8500 or email@example.com
For concerns regarding the Los Angeles street closure permit, contact LA Bureau of Street Services, Investigation and Enforcement Division, Special Events at 213.847.6000.
Activities Along The Route Iconic Wilshire
Remember to pick up a field guide at any hub on Sunday, December 10 for a hard copy map & list of activities!
Click on a hub location below to see the activities taking place there on Sunday, December 10th:
All Hubs will have restrooms, free water, free basic bike repair, bike parking, and first aid.
Catch a free pedicab ride—brought to you by AARP—to experience the adventure of CicLAvia in a whole new way! Pedicab stops are available at each info booth - just look for the sign!
REI Burbank will be hosting a full service pop-up bike repair shop and shaded outdoor lounge with a fun slack-lining activity.
Does your child need a helmet? Stop by the California Highway Patrol booth and get fitted for a free kids helmet (while supplies last).
- Sign up with Koreatown Youth and Community Center (KYCC) to have up to 7 free shade trees delivered to your home for FREE! Stop by the booth to learn more, and even take a tree home!
- Sign up for a free Los Angeles Public Library card and keep an eye out for the roaming Book Bike. Free books will be given to people with library cards.
The Great Streets Initiative invites you to hang out and chill at their pop-up parklet! Learn about DIY Great Streets improvements with the City of Los Angeles and design your own Great Street for your neighborhood.
- Street Poets will be on-site with their Poetry in Motion Van, a mobile performance venue and recording studio, inspiring creative community, empowering people of all ages and backgrounds to express them- selves on the page and on the mic.
- Leave your mark on a community art bike by CicLAvia x Pure Cycles.
- Visit the LA 2028 booth to to learn more about the Los Angeles 2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games or snap a selfie with an Olympic backdrop!
Relax in MacArthur Park and grab a snack from some of LA’s best food trucks.
**CicLAvia Produce Program**: Historic Core Farmers Market (5th & Broadway, 9 am to 3 pm, adjacent to the hub)
Stop by the Historic Core Farmers Market and stock up on fresh produce and prepared foods. Get a free limited edition CicLAvia tote bag when you purchase fruits or veggies from participating vendors (those with a light blue sign on their tent pole). Get a your field guide stamped upon purchase and bring it to the CicLAvia info booth at the DTLA hub to receive your free tote (while supplies last
- Join the mad scientists, artists, inventors, and storytellers from Two Bit Circus as they showcase some of their most popular games! Learn about their upcoming micro-amusement park opening in DTLA this Spring!
- Check out folding bikes from TERN.
- Visit the LA Ranger Troca, a food truck-turned-mobile visitor center for the Santa Monica Mountains. Learn more about the National Parks Services programs, then scale their 25 foot rock wall!
Downtown Los Angeles is in the midst of an extraordinary urban revitalization. Stop by Councilmember Huizar's booth to learn more about his efforts to improve livability, promote economic development and tourism, and connect our communities through multi-modal transportation options that prioritize pedestrian, bicyclist and public transportation use as much as cars. And learn more about Night on Broadway returning to DTLA on 1/27/18. It's an evening of arts, culture, entertainment & food celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Bringing Back Broadway Initiative.
Complete the kids bike safety skills course and get a free helmet, courtesy of CicLAvia.
CicLAvia welcomes all to the event, and works to make each route accessible to all individuals. CicLAvia utilizes the infrastructure of the city of Los Angeles, so participants can enter or exit anywhere along the route, making use of city streets, ramps and sidewalks. When facilities are added to the route at hubs (restrooms, water areas), they are all ADA compliant. There are gradual inclines along each route and any portion deemed steep will have volunteers stationed to guide participants. While steep areas and congested areas are usually mandatory dismount zones, participants unable to dismount are not required to do so. Service animals are welcome.
Click below for detailed information:
Hubs are resting and meeting points along the route. Each hub has free basic bike repair, bike parking, an information booth, CicLAvia merchandise, free drinking water and ADA-compliant restrooms. Some hubs include additional programming and activities.
- Koreatown Hub - 3731 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010
- MacArthur Park Hub - 2401 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90057
- DTLA Hub - 428 S Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90013
Mileage Between Hubs
This route is mostly flat with a couple of gradual inclines. Participants traveling east will be asked to dismount at Wilshire over the 110 freeway as a safety precaution as the incline is fairly steep at this location.
Participants with mobility limitations are welcome to use motorized wheelchairs, scooters, pedal-assist bikes, and adaptive bicycles.
Catch a free pedicab ride—brought to you by AARP—to enjoy the adventure of CicLAvia. Pedicab stops are located at each hub's info booth, and will travel between hubs. Look for the pedicab stop sign at each hub’s information booth. Pedicabs are available on a first-come, first served basis. Riders must be able to step into or transfer into the pedicab.
There will be a dismount zone on Wilshire between Beaudry and Figueroa due to the steep incline there. Participants will be asked to get off of their bikes/skates etc. and walk down the hill.
These are flat, street-level parking areas that do not require the use of stairs, escalators or elevators. All lots are near the route. There are many more options on parkme.com - head over to that website for more parking near the route!
# of Spots
Distance from Route
Joe's Auto Parks
433 S Main St, LA, CA 90013
Open-Air lot with 45 total spaces (ADA: 3).
0.6mi from DTLA hub.
848 S Grand Ave, LA, CA 90017
Open-Air lot with 135 total spaces (ADA: 6).
Less than a mile from DTLA hub (and less than a block from the route itself).
# of Spots
Distance from Route
Unified Valet Parking - LA
726 S Lake St, LA, CA 90057
Open-Air lot with 53 total spaces (ADA unknown).
0.1mi from the MacArthur Park hub.
Modern Parking, Inc.
605 S Commonwealth Ave, LA, CA 90005
Open-Air lot with 119 total spaces (ADA: 4)
Less than a mile from the MacArthur Park hub, and less than a block from the route itself.
# of Spots
Distance from Route
3611 Wilshire Blvd. LA, CA 90005 (enter from Harvard or Kingsley Dr.)
Open-Air lot with 132 total spaces (ADA: 4).
This lot is on the route, and 0.3mi from the Koreatown hub.
3545 Wilshire Blvd. LA, CA 90010 (enter from S Ardmore Ave)
Open-Air lot with 123 total spaces (ADA: 6).
This lot is on the route, and 0.4mi from the Koreatown Hub.
Specials Along The Route
Specials, deals, and discounts along on the route on December 10th!
Want to add a special for your business? Join the CicLAvia Savings Program!
All buses along the CicLAvia route will be detoured. Check your bus stop on Saturday, December 9th for posted signs outlining specific detours for your stop.
Getting to the Route and Parking
Click below for information on getting to the CicLAvia route on December 10th!
Metro Bikeshare is live in DTLA! Metro will be setting up extra bike share stations along 5th street between Hill and Broadway!
Grab a bike at any of these stations close to the CicLAvia route:
- Wilshire & Witmer - 1234 Wilshire Blvd.
- Olive & 8th - 729 S. Olive St.
- Figueroa & 8th - 735 S. Figueroa St.
- Hope & 6th - 557 S Hope St.
- 7th & Bixel - 1107 W. 7th St.
- Grand & 7th - 700 S. Grand Ave.
- Flower & 7th - 723 Flower St.
- 7th & Broadway - 307 W. 7th St.
- 7th & Spring - 201 W. 7th St.
- 7th & Main - 111 W. 7th St.
- Main & 4th - 334 S. Main St.
- Main & 5th - 458 S. Main St.
- Main & 6th - 640 S. Main St.
- Spring & 3rd - 300 S. Spring St.
- Map of all Bikeshare Stations
from Wilshire/Western Station
- Leave station and head south towards Wilshire Blvd
- Turn left onto Wilshire, and you'll be at the hub in a matter of seconds!
MacArthur Park Hub
from Westlake / MacArthur Park Station
- Head northeast on Westlake towards Wilshire.
- Turn left on Wilshire; after you go through the park, you'll be at the MacArthur Park hub.
from Pershing Square Station
- Head southwest on Hill street towards 4th St.
- Turn left onto 4th Street, then turn right onto Spring. You'll run right into the route.
from 7th Street/ Metro Center Station
- Head southeast on 7th St towards Hope. You will run right into the CicLAvia route.
- Follow bike traffic towards Hope to reach the DTLA hub.
Service available on Antelope Valley, Inland Empire-Orange County, Orange County, 91, and San Bernardino lines to Union Station.
- Head southwest out of Union Station and turn right towards Los Angeles St.
- Turn left onto Los Angeles
- Turn right onto E 1st St.
- Turn left onto Spring. You will be on the route when you hit 5th street!
|Name||Address||Cost||# of Spots|
|City Valet Parking System||681 S. Oxford Ave. LA, CA 90005 (enter on Oxford Ave or Western)||$16||139 (ADA: 3+)|
|Supreme Parking||3680 Wilshire Blvd. LA, CA 90010 (enter on Serrano Ave)||$12||149 (ADA Unknown)|
|Standard Parking||3660 Wilshire Blvd. #100 LA, CA 90010 (enter from Harvard Blvd or Hobart Blvd)||$16||120 (ADA: 2)|
|Athena Parking||3611 Wilshire Blvd. LA, CA 90005 (enter from Harvard or Kingsley Dr.)||$7||132 (ADA: 4)|
|Standard Parking||Central Plaza 3440-3470 Wilshire Blvd. LA, CA 90010 (enter from Mariposa Ave)||$16||342 (ADA Unknown)|
|Standard Parking||3600 Wilshire Blvd. LA, CA 90010 (enter from Harvard Blvd)||$16||330 (ADA: 16)|
|Name||Address||Cost||# of Spots|
|Joe's Auto Parks||616 St. Paul Ave. LA, CA 90017||$12||85 (ADA: 1)|
|Unified Parking||726 S Lake St. LA, CA 90057||$6||53 (ADA Unknown)|
|Ace Parking||2100 W 3rd St. LA, CA 90057||$5||218 (ADA Unknown)|
|Name||Address||Cost||# of Spots|
700 S Flower St, LA, CA 90017
|$12 Early Bird; otherwise, $35||211 (ADA: 4+)|
|Joe's Auto Parks||433 S Main St, LA, CA 90013||$10||45 (ADA: 3)|
|Joe's Auto Parks||817 S Spring St, LA, CA 90014||$5||150 (ADA Unknown)|
|Athena Parking||848 S Grand Ave, LA, CA 90017||$10||135 (ADA: 6)|
|Joe's Auto Parks||854 S Main St, LA, CA 90014||$10||117 (ADA: 3)|
|LAZ Parking||725 S Grand Ave, LA, CA 90017||$8||102 (ADA Unknown)|
Live/Work Along the Route
If you live/work along the route and would like more information about how CicLAvia will affect your neighborhood on December 10th, please download the CicLAvia route notification flyer. The flyer has information about the streets that will be closed, parking restriction and parking options for residents and employees of local businesses.
The route will be closed to vehicles from 7:00am to approximately 5:00pm on Sunday, December 10th.
NO PARKING will be allowed from 1:00am–5:00pm on Sunday, December 10th on the CicLAvia route. Parking restrictions will be enforced and vehicles will be towed beginning at 1:00am. Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood.
NO VEHICLES are allowed on the route between 7:00am and approximately 5:00pm. There are crossing points at several intersections where vehicles can cross along route.
Please be aware that all driveways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 8:00am on Sunday, December 10th. If your vehicle is parked in your driveway and you need to use it after 7:00am on December 10th, please park elsewhere as the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 5:00pm. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route during this time.
All buses that usually run along the CicLAvia route will be detoured. Please check our bus detour info page and your local bus stop for detour information.
If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8:00pm on Saturday, December 9th through 5:00pm on Sunday, December 10th. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia, 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
CicLAvia is one of the largest open streets events in the country — a free event, open to all. At CicLAvia, streets are car-free for individuals and families to explore the city by foot, bike, and other forms of non- motorized transport. Is your business on or near the route? Here are some tips for engaging thousands of new potential customers!
Business Opportunity Flyer/ Folletos de Oportunidades Comerciales
What Will You See at CicLAvia?
- Tens of thousands of participants on car-free streets from all over the region eager to explore the neighborhood
- Happy people looking for their new favorite spot
- Safe, fun and family-oriented activities
- Police and Department of Transportation Officers responsible for traffic and crowd control along the route
- CicLAvia staff and volunteers on the route assisting participants with questions and concerns
- Restrooms, free water, first aid, trash/ recycling, bike parking and information booths at Hubs along the route
Take Advantage of the Thousands of Potential Customers Passing By Your Door!
- PLAN TO BE OPEN ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. Make your store- front visible with signs and banners.
- BRING YOUR BUSINESS OUTSIDE If you have permission to use the sidewalk in front of your business, feel free to bring products, music or seating outside. If you activate your sidewalk you must maintain a 4’ clearance for ADA access. (Please note: under the terms of CicLAvia’s permit, no stationary objects are allowed in the street.)
- GET FEATURED ON THE CICLAVIA DIGITAL MAP. Businesses that offer a special CicLAvia discount can be listed for free on our interactive digital map, see below for details to join the CicLAvia Savings program.
- HELP GET THE WORD OUT IN ADVANCE. Put up a CicLAvia poster or give CicLAvia postcards to your customers! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and suggestions.
Participate in the CicLAvia Savings Program
Is Your Business on the Route? Encourage participants to stop by on the day of the event by offering a special discount to CicLAvia participants. We’ll highlight your family-friendly business* for free on the CicLAvia website, subject to approval. Follow these guidelines to join:
- Offer discount on day of CicLAvia during all business hours.
- Send the name of your business, discount offer, business address, and website link (if available) to email@example.com or call 213.355.8500 by Monday, December 4. Include name, email, and contact information for your business.
*e.g. restaurants, movie theaters, toy stores, clothing shops, hair salons, banks.
How Will Car Access & Parking Be Handled?
- PLEASE BE AWARE that all drive- ways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 7:00am on Sunday, October 8.
- If your vehicle is parked in your drive- way and you need to use it after 7:00am on December 10, please park elsewhere as the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6:00pm. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route during this time.
- Street closures begin at 6:00am, with full route closures in place by 7:00am. The event runs from 9:00am–3:00pm, and streets will be fully open to cars by approximately 5:00pm.
- Cars can cross the route at selected major streets (see map). Pedestrian crossings will also be available along the route to give people access to businesses and buildings on both sides of the street. All other cross streets will be closed at the route. Streets adjacent to the route will remain open to local access for residents and businesses.
- NO PARKING allowed on the route after 1:00am on Sunday, December 10, 2017. Parking restrictions will be posted and towing will be enforced.
- Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood
- If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8:00pm on Saturday, December 9 through 5:00pm on Sunday, December 10. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia, 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
Please note that the CicLAvia event hours are 9 am to 3 pm. Street closures will be in effect from 7 am to approximately 5 pm. Click here to download the route map.
On Sunday, December 10th, CicLAvia Iconic Wilshire Blvd will remove cars from certain streets in Koreatown, Westlake and DTLA, and open them up for people to walk, skate, bike, play, and explore from 9am–3pm.
Join us for a community meeting to learn about street closures, business opportunities, family activities, volunteer positions and more:
Feeder Walks & Rides
Planning a feeder ride or walk and want to add it to our site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Ride or walk along with these feeder rides to CicLAvia on December 10:
CicLAvia Feeder Ride!
Join I. Martin Bicycles and Shifting Gears Cycling as we ride to CicLAvia Iconic Wilshire Boulevard
We roll out at 830 AM from the front of our store located at 8330 Beverly Blvd., L.A., CA 90048.
Please share this event and invite your friends! More info.
CicLAvia returns to Wilshire Boulevard, and Mid City West will get you there by bike on our feeder ride! We'll meet at i. Martin at 8:30 and roll out promptly at 9. Please wear helmets. This is a one-way ride. You will be on your own for the return to Mid City West after enjoying the festival at your speed. More info.
CicLAvia Wilshire is back! The USC Bike Coalition will be leading a feeder ride from USC to CicLAvia. We will meet at 9AM at Tommy Trojan and head out at 9:20. Hope to see you there. More info.
Sunday, December 10th at 9:00AM
Color theme for this ride is PURPLE. 💜.
Our "Meet Up" location is Pershing Square. Meet Time 9:00AM and Ride Time 9:30AM
This is a great location because we will only be a few blocks from the start of the ride and you can also take either
The Red Line or Purple Line into Pershing Square. More info.
Aggies will be meeting at the corner of Wilshire Blvd and Western street at 9 a.m. at the Metro Subway sign on the corner of the intersection. Our group will begin riding at 9:15 a.m. and make our way through the route.
This is a family friendly event. Please be sure to bring mandatory helmets for any riders under the age of 18, helmets strongly encouraged for all riders.
Don't forget to wear your best Aggie gear! More info.
We will meet at Wilshire and Western metro station at 10 AM and skate to the other end in DTLA. We will probably skate the route at least 2 or 3 times. I will be sharing our live location here druing the event so those of you who come late can catch up with us.
Since it's taking a place in K-town, we will end the skate at the Korean BBQ place in K-town called Bulgogi Hut for late lunch or early dinner ;) All you can eat Korean BBQ for $18 per person. More info.
Join the Montebello Bicycle Coalitin for a feeder ride from Montebello Civic Center to CicLAvia. Meet at 7AM, rolling at 7:30AM. More info.
Enjoy a Safe CicLAvia
Need Help on the Route?
Law Enforcement & Emergency Personnel: The Los Angeles Police Department provides a strong security presence at CicLAvia. In addition, there are emergency medical technicians stationed at each Hub, and other response personnel are available along the route.
In case of an accident, go to the nearest Hub to report it to CicLAvia staff. If you are between Hubs, look for the nearest uniformed officer or responder, or CicLAvia staff member.
If you notice any suspicious activity or a suspicious package, immediately report it to the nearest CicLAvia staff member or uniformed officer.
At CicLAvia, the safety and well being of our participants is our primary concern. We work closely with local authorities to provide as safe and secure an environment as possible. We also partner with other local agencies that provide additional security elements along the route and at public transit locations.
Contact Staff & Volunteers: CicLAvia staff can be identified by the bright blue CicLAvia t-shirt with yellow lettering that says STAFF on the back. CicLAvia volunteers can be identified by the bright yellow CicLAvia t-shirt with blue lettering that says VOLUNTEER on the back.
Staff members and volunteers can assist with you with finding the answers to questions and with helping to find the right person to respond to emergencies. If you are missing a member of your party, have been in a minor accident or have been part of an incident, please contact staff at the nearest CicLAvia Hub. This is often the fastest way to ensure police officers or emergency personnel respond to the situation rapidly and effectively.
Want to ride a bike, rollerblades, or skateboard on CicLAvia but don't own one? No problem. Here are several bike & skate shops that we know of that offer rentals. Be sure to call ahead and pay for your reservation in advance, because rentals definitely sell out.
P.S. Bikes are not required to participate! You can walk, run, skate, scoot, pedicab, rollerblade - or use anything else that is people-powered - to join in!
Rent a Bike for CicLAvia
Throughout LA County
(sorted alphabetically by neighborhood)
- Helen's Cycles Beverly - 8330 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048; (323) 653-6900
- Labrea Bike Works - 5850 W 3rd St., Los Angeles, CA 90036; (323) 285-1655
- Beverly Hills Bike Shop - 10546 West Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90064; (310) 275-2453
- Abba Padre - Closed on Sundays, but open for rentals on Saturdays. 4219 Sepulveda Blvd. #A, Culver City, CA 90230; (310) 390-5203
- Palms Cycle - 3770 Motor Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90034; (310) 838- 9644
Downtown / Central LA
- Just Ride L.A. - 1626 S. Hill Street (at Venice Blvd), Los Angeles, CA 90015; (213) 745-6783. In order to ensure availability, please reserve up to 3 days in advance. Also offers locks and helmets.
- DTLA Bikes - 425 S. Broadway (at 4th St), Los Angeles, CA 90013; (213) 533-8000 Fleet of 200+ bikes ready to ride! Also offers helmets.
- El Maestro Bicycle Shop - 806 S. Main St., Los Angeles, CA 90014; (213) 627-0580
- LA Golden Bicycles – 4001 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010; (213) 739-9911
- I. Martin Bicycles - 8330 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90048; (323) 653-6900
- Speedworkz - 3110 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 90026; (323) 369-9036
- Coco’s Variety Store - 2427 Riverside Drive., Silverlake; (323) 664-7400
- Jax Bicycle Center, 217 W. First Street Claremont, CA, 91711; (909) 621-5827
- The Competitive Edge Cyclery, 1869 W Foothill Blvd, Upland, CA 91786; (909) 985-2453
- InCycle, 501 W Arrow Hwy, San Dimas, CA 91773; (909)592-2181
Glendale / Atwater Village
- Bicycle Pit Stop - 667 Alexander St., Glendale, CA 91203; (818) 839-0721
- Bicycle Land - 422 N Glendale Ave., Glendale, CA 91206; (818) 242 - 6906
- All Things Bicycle - 310 Fischer St., Glendale, CA 91205; (310) 733-0903
- Spokes N Stuff - Griffith Park Ranger Station, 4730 Crystal Springs Ave., Griffith Park, CA 90027; (323) 662-6573
- Coco's Variety Bike Shop, 2427 Riverside Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90039; (323) 664-7400
- Lincoln Heights Cyclery, 3422 N Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90031; (323) 221-2670
- Bike Oven, 3706 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90065; (626) 357-6799
- Bicycle Doctor, 5003 York Blvd, Highland Park, CA 90042; (323) 259-3131
- Raffi's Bicycles, 5509 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90042; (323) 474-6340
- Ryky’s Bike Shop, 2424 Daly St, Los Angeles, CA 90031; (213) 703-8909
- Bike Station Long Beach- 223 E 1st Street, Long Beach, CA 90802; (562) 436-2453
- 404 Bike Sales & Rentals - 3329 E 4th Street, Long Beach, CA 90814; (562) 343-1411
- Velo Pacific - 5470 E 2nd Street, Long Beach, CA, 90803; (562) 433-5801
- Wheel Fun Rentals - 429 Shoreline Village Dr. Ste G, Long Beach, CA 90802; (562) 951-3857
- Alfredo's Beach Shack - 2630 E Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90803; (562) 253-5234
Marina Del Ray
- Daniel's Bike Rentals - Fisherman's Village, 13737 Fiji Way, Marina Del Ray, CA 90292; (310) 980-4045
- Marina Electric Bikes & Beach Cruisers - 3111 Ocean Front Walk, Marina Del Ray, CA 90292; (310) 301-2453. Beach cruisers available for rent: call a day in advance.
- Bike Attack Playa Vista - 12775 Millennium, Playa Vista CA 90094; (310) 862-5001.
- LA Brakeless - 12220 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90066; (310) 313-6300
- The Recyclist Bike Shop - 12220 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90066; (310) 864-3780
San Fernando Valley
- Van's Cyclery - 11407 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood, CA 91606; (818) 760-6960. Call a few days in advance to rent a bike - limited quantities available.
- Retro Xpress Bicycles - 14503 Victory Blvd., Van Nuys, CA 91401; (818) 200-9463.
- Wheel Fun Rentals - 6300 Balboa Blvd. Van Nuys, CA 91316; (818) 212-4263. A wide range of bikes are available including cruisers, choppers, tandems and surreys.
- LA Bike Adventures - 7736 Amestoy Ave, Van Nuys, CA 91406; (818) 826-2011. Mountain bikes and gravel bikes (can be converted into road bikes)
San Gabriel Valley
- Pasadena Cyclery, 1670 E Walnut St, Pasadena, CA 91106; (626) 795-2866
- Incycle Bicycles, 175 S Fair Oaks Ave, Pasadena, CA 91105; (626) 577-0440
- Velo Pasadena Inc, 2562 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91107; (626) 304-0064
- Jones Bicycles II, 2523 Huntington Dr., San Marino, CA 91108; (626) 793-4227
- Stan's Bike Shop, 732 N Azusa Ave, Azusa, CA 91702; (626) 804-7400
- Santa Monica Bike Center - 1555 2nd Street, Unit A, Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 656-8500
- Bike Attack & Electric - 2904 Main St., Santa Monica, CA 90405; (424) 744-8148
- The Bike Shop Santa Monica - 2400 Main St., Santa Monica, CA 90405; (310) 581-8014
- Spokes N Stuff - 1700 Ocean Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 3995-4748
- Cynergy Cycles - 2300 Santa Monica Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90404; (310) 857-1500
- WestSide Bicycles - 700 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 576-9900
- Santa Monica Beach Bicycle Rentals - 1428 4th St., Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 428-5337
- Bicycle Ambulance - 2212 Lincoln Blvd., Santa Monica, CA 90405; (310) 395-5026
- Blazing Saddles - 320 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401; (310) 393-9778
- Bikes and Hikes LA - 8250 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood, CA 90046; (323) 796-8555. Rentals include helmet, safety vest, lock and map of LA.
- Bike Curious Rentals - 34 Windward Ave., Venice, CA 90291 ; Call or text (310) 702-2823
- Jays Rentals Venice Beach - 501 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291; (310) 392-7306
- Spokes N Stuff - The Inn at Venice Beach, 327 Washington Blvd, Venice, CA 90291; (310) 439-7276
- Venice Bike & Skates - 21 Washington Blvd., Venice, CA 90292; (310) 301-4011. First come, first served.
- Boardwalk Skate & Surf - 201 1/2 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291; (310) 450-6634
- The Bicycle Whisperer - 724 Vernon Ct., Venice, CA 90291; (310) 612-1409
- Perry's Cafe -3100 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90292; (310) 823-6730. Venice Beach at end of Washington Blvd.
- Perry's Cafe - 2500 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90293; (310) 823-1453. Venice Beach at end of North Venice Blvd.
- Bikecology - 9006 W. Pico Blvd., West Los Angeles, CA 90035; (310) 278-0915
- Bike Improve - 10929 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025; (310) 400-0363
- Helen's Cycles: Westwood Village - 1071 Gayley Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90024; (310) 208-8988
- UCLA Bike Shop - 2131 John Wooden Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095; (310) 206-7219
- Synaptic Cycles - Los Angeles road bike rentals, delivered to your door for free. (310) 925-3969
The following are not permitted at CicLAvia, due to LA City law:
- unauthorized solicitation
- alcoholic beverages
- narcotics or illegal drugs
- bathing in pools or fountains
- damage to property
- feeding animals
- firecrackers or explosives
- littering (including pet waste)
- public intoxication
- unauthorized driving or parking
- unauthorized vending
- unleashed animals
How to CicLAvia
CicLAvia provides the chance for participants to enjoy a fun day connecting with their fellow Angelenos and their city in a whole new way. Participants are welcome to walk, bike, skate, run...any people-powered form of transport is allowed! CicLAvia works hard to provide a safe and secure environment for all participants. By familiarizing yourself with the following information, you can help to make CicLAvia a great event for everyone.
Timing your trip
CicLAvia lasts from 9:00am–4:00pm. Please budget your time accordingly. Make sure you return to your point of origin or final destination by 4:00pm to avoid car traffic when the route reopens.
Share the Road
Cars are not allowed at CicLAvia, but any other form of non-motorized transportation is. Be aware of how people around you are traveling – biking, walking, skating, etc. – and respect their right to the road.
Police, transit officers, and CicLAvia volunteers will be at crossing intersections to monitor the flow of CicLAvia and car traffic. Riders and pedestrians must stop at car and pedestrian intersections when told to do so.
Please monitor your speed going down a hill. Also stay within the speed of the flow of traffic when it is too congested to pass.
There are often mandatory dismount locations. There will be signs at the dismount locations and volunteers instructing riders to dismount.
Biking with Children
Our friends at REI have a comprehensive information and video page about biking with children. Please take the time to review this information if you plan to enjoy CicLAvia with a child.
Helmets for Children
All children 18 and under are required by law to wear a helmet if they are on a bike, scooter, skateboard, skates or other type of geared or wheeled-transportation.
Kids Zones will offer fun bike and pedestrian safety workshops and other exciting activities.
Experienced Riders Recommended
CicLAvia is not an ideal place to teach a child, or an adult, how to ride due to the heavy flow of bike, board, and pedestrian traffic. While we encourage participants of all ages and skill levels, we strongly suggest that children and all participants learn the basics of bike riding before participating on the CicLAvia route.
Rain or Shine
CicLAvia will go on, rain or shine!
Here are a few things to remember when riding or skating in wet conditions.
Slow down. It’s easier to lose traction, especially in turns, when the road is wet. Avoid sharp turns and high speed turns so your bike won’t slide out from under you.
Skidding is more likely when the road is wet. Modulate your braking to avoid a skid.
Give yourself extra time and distance to stop.
Rim brake users, remember your rims are wet so it takes a little longer for your brake pads to catch. Pumping your brakes will help.
Be more cautious on (or avoid) surfaces that are extra slippery when wet: metal plates, manhole covers, train tracks, storm grates, and street “paint”.
Avoid riding through standing water or piles of wet leaves, which might conceal road defects.
Visibility is reduced when it’s raining. Wear bright, reflective clothing and use front and rear lights to help you see and be seen (even during the day).
Tips from our good friends at LA County Bicycle Coalition