Close out August and welcome September with fun things to do that won’t break the bank. Here is a list of free events happening across LA County over the next two weeks.
August 27, 29 and September 3, 5
- Pack a picnic and enjoy the LA Philharmonic rehearse every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30am–12:30pm through mid-September.
Wednesday, August 28
- Head to the Santa Monica Pier for Twilight on the Pier featuring Rostam, as part of the KCRW Summer Night concert series, at 7pm.
Saturday, August 31
- Meet up with friends at MacArthur Park’s Levitt Pavilion for a concert under the stars by La Sonora Dinamita with Vilma Diaz from 7–10pm as part of the UCLA 100 celebrations. (Say hello to CicLAvia staff who will be on-site engaging with community about our events and organization!)
- Make it out to Marina Del Rey for Pop Saturdays, as part of the Marina Del Rey Summer Concert Series, featuring Jenny & the Mexicats from 7–10pm.
Sunday, September 1
- Get some sunshine and tasty treats at Smorgasburg LA at ROW DTLA from 10am–4pm.
August 30 – September 1
- Explore Burbank’s equestrian culture during the Gold Coast Series Labor Day Horse Show at the LA Equestrian Center from 8am–6pm.
Thursday August 29 and Saturday, August 31
- Check out the South Bay and concerts on the Redondo Beach Pier from 6–8pm as part of the Redondo Beach Concert Series.
Wednesday, September 4
- Get to the Santa Monica Pier as KCRW Summer Night’s Twilight on the Pier returns from 7–10pm.
Saturday, September 7
- Pack a picnic, grab a friend, and head to the Palisades for polo matches from 2–5pm at Will Rogers Polo Club.
- Explore the sky with help from amateur astronomers at Griffith Observatory’s monthly Public Star Party, held from 2–9:45pm at the Griffith Park Observatory.
Do you like this post?