CicLAvia is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that catalyzes vibrant public spaces, active transportation, and good health through car-free streets. CicLAvia engages with people to transform our relationship with our communities and with each other.
CicLAvia es una organización 501(c)(3) sin fines de lucro que cataliza los espacios públicos vibrantes, el transporte activo y la buena salud mediante las calles libres de coches. CicLAvia interacciona con el pueblo para transformar nuestra relación con nuestras comunidades y unos con otros.
Inspired by Bogotá’s weekly ciclovía, CicLAvia temporarily closes streets to car traffic and opens them to Angelenos to use as a public park. Free for all, CicLAvia connects communities to each other across an expansive city, creating a safe place to bike, walk, skate, roll, and dance through Los Angeles County.
- Over 1.8 million people have experienced CicLAvia. It's the biggest open streets event in the United States!
- Participants represent 80% of the population of Los Angeles County.
- CicLAvia has created over 232 miles of open streets.
- CicLAvia has been opening streets across Los Angeles County since 2010. We've traversed over 226 miles across Arleta, Boyle Heights, Chinatown, Culver City, East LA, Echo Park, Hollywood, Koreatown, Historic Downtown LA, Little Tokyo, MacArthur Park, Mar Vista, Pacoima, Panorama City, Pasadena, the San Fernando Valley, Southeast cities, South LA, Thai Town, Venice, West Hollywood, Wilshire Boulevard, and more.
- CicLAvia has five times more people using its temporary park space during event days than are using all of the other parks in the city of Los Angeles combined.
- CicLAvia has impacted local and regional transportation policy related to pedestrians and bikes.
- CicLAvia improves air quality by reducing ultrafine particles in the air by over 20 percent.