The fun keeps coming after Sunday's CicLAvia. From a family-friendly Cinco de Mayo celebration to complimentary art exhibitions and festivals, here are some fun, free ways to play in LA while closing out April and welcoming May.
- Head to Century Park for Photoville LA, an New York-based festival making its LA debut at the Annenberg Space for Photography. Enjoy outdoor displays, attend workshops, indulge with Smorgasburg, and more.
- Celebrate the opening of Build Bridges, Paint Walls, a new exhibition benefiting Las Fotos Project, Friday from 7-10pm at The Rendon Gallery.
- Enjoy live music, dinner and drink specials, street performances, and more during a Friday Night Block Party at LA Live, starting at 6pm in DTLA.
- Watch 16 student-made short films and sit in on a panel discussion from noon to 5pm at the annual UCLA Extension Film Fest.
- Enjoy live music, performances, and festivities during a naming ceremony celebrating the unveiling of the Barack Obama Boulevard sign.
- Head to The Regent Theater for a Rock 'N' Roll Flea Market featuring antique goods and vintage clothing on the first Saturday of each month.
- Pack a picnic, grab a friend, and head to the Palisades for the first event of the season at Will Rogers Polo Club. Matches are free, open to the public, and take place most Saturdays from 2-5pm and Sundays from 10-1pm.
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with the entire family during this free, all-ages event starting 7pm at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.