From free concerts to riding along a race track and meaningful volunteer opportunities, here are some free, fun things-to-do to kick off April 2019!
- Ride, roll, stroll or run along the Grand Prix of Long Beach race track at Grand Prix View from 11:30am–2:00pm.
- Stop by Grand Park between 12:15 and 1:15pm for Lunch À La Park, a weekly springtime concert series featuring performing arts students from some of the city’s top training programs for youth.
- Learn about space science and astronomy from experts during the monthly lecture series, All Space Considered, from 7:30–9:00pm at the Griffith Observatory.
- Celebrate Jazz Appreciation Month with Jazz Tracks at Union Station, a free concert presented by Metro Art.
- Help repair the Zumya Canyon trails damaged by the recent Woolsey Fire with volunteers and leaders from the National Parks Service and the Santa Monica Mountains Fund from 8:30am–12:30pm.
- Take a free guided tour of UCLA's Mildred E. Mathias Botanical Garden featuring plants from around the world from 1–2pm.
April 6 + 7
- Spend a day, or two, at the Los Angeles State Historic Park by attending Renegade LA. Enjoy an open-air marketplace where you can shop, sample food and wine, relax with friends and family, and more outside at one of DTLA’s newest and largest parks.
Image courtesy of Beach Streets.
Do you like this post?