There’s loads of free fun taking place the last last two weeks of April, including the next CicLAvia on April 28.
These selections offer options for every Angeleno; from families looking for things-to-do during LAUSD's Spring Break to others searching for ways to explore LA prior to CicLAvia—Wilmington featuring LA2050.
- Head to the Hyde Park Miriam Matthews Branch Library for Uke Can Do It at the Library!, a free, all-ages Ukulele class at 4pm.
- Take a walk around the Griffith Observatory from 7:15–8:15pm for a Sunset Walk & Talk. This monthly excursion features a half-mile, moderately-paced walk led by a park ranger and museum guide.
- Join a guided bird-watching walk and tour at White Point Nature Preserve in San Pedro starting at 8:30am.
- Enjoy a free, all-levels, all-ages, yoga class, taking place at the Hermosa Beach Farmers’ Market from 2–3pm.
- Explore San Pedro during the Historic Downtown San Pedro Local Harvest Farmers’ Market, taking place every Friday from 9am–2pm.
- Head to the Harbor City for a Kids & Kites Earth Day Celebration with special guest, NBC4 Meteorologist, Anthony Yanez. Enjoy arts and crafts, kite-building and composting workshops, and more from 11am–3pm.
- Roll through Long Beach on a Roller Skate Mural Tour from 11am–2pm.
- While there, check out the Long Beach Vegan Social from 12–5pm.
- Help out the Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy during their Earth Day Celebration, taking place from 9am–7pm.
- Find a new favorite food, or just indulge in some old favorites, at the Smorgasburg food festival, held weekly in DTLA from 10am–4 pm.
- Celebrate active living by joining AARP in Los Angeles and LA Soul Steppers for a free community walk featuring music, giveaways, and special surprises, every 2nd, and 4th Tuesday at 6am.
- Invite friends and family or meet someone new at Menchie’s Free Movie Night, offered weekly from 7–10pm.
- Enjoy live music, food trucks, activities, and special offers from over 50 local shops along Burbank’s Magnolia Boulevard from 6–9pm during the monthly Ladies and Gents Night Out.
- Meet LA City Councilmember, Nury Martinez, Telemundo 52 Weather Anchor, Michelle Trujillo, Taiko drum ensemble TaikoProject, and other special guests from 10:00am–2:30pm for LA Sanitation Earth Day LA.
- Join Friends of Madrona Marsh for their Audubon Bird Walk at the Madrona Marsh from 8:30–10:30am.
- Get your groove on at the annual Eclectic Music and Arts Crawl festival, featuring a diverse array of musical performances on multiple stages across South Pasadena from 3–10pm.
- Join us from 9am-4pm while we explore the Heart of the Harbor and envision the future of LA during our 30th event, CicLAvia–Wilmington featuring LA2050!