Get to know your city and celebrate the halfway mark of 2019 by checking out these free, fun events happening across Los Angeles County this week.
Monday, June 10
- Head to the Sylmar Branch Library for an all-ages drum circle that comes complete with an instructor from 4–5pm.
Wednesday, June 12
- Join a museum guide and Park Ranger for a sunset tour in and around the Griffith Observatory during a Sunset Walk & Talk from 6:45–7:45pm.
Friday, June 14
- Take a tour of the La Kretz Innovation Campus, one of the City of Los Angeles’ coolest facilities (that also happens to be CicLAvia's home base). Public tours are available every Friday by appointment only.
- Enjoy live music, food and drinks, and surprise guests while celebrating the LGBTQ+ communities of South LA from 6–10pm during Pride of South LA.
Saturday, June 15
- Take part in hands-on workshops while watching West African dance and drum performances during the Day of Ancestors: Festival of Masks, from 1–4:30pm in Leimert Park Village.
- Bring the family for KCRW Summer Nights featuring Girlpool and KCRW DJ Chris Douridas, starting at 7:30pm at One Colorado in Old Pasadena.
Saturday, June 15, through Sunday, June 16
- Spend your weekend at the Pasadena Chalk Festival, the world’s largest street painting festival. Enjoy chalk art workshops for kids, an incredible array of professional street art works, and more, all weekend from 10am–7pm.
Have fun, and check-in next week for more ways to experience free fun across LA!
Do you like this post?