Explore LA this week with these free, fun events offering everything from celebrating Pride Month during the LA Pride festival to joining a party along our next CicLAvia route and picnicking at a polo match.
Tuesday, June 4, through Thursday, June 6
- Grab a midday bite from the food trucks featured at Lunch À LA Park, every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 11am–2pm at Grand Park in DTLA.
Friday, June 7
- Enjoy an evening of free programming including concerts, drag shows, dance performances, and more at the LA Pride Festival Opening Ceremony, kicking off Pride Weekend in LA from 6pm–12am in West Hollywood.
- Head to Mid City for the next edition of Jazz at LACMA, featuring a free concert by Grammy Award-winning saxophonist Ernie Watts from 6–8pm.
Saturday, June 8
- Head to the Mid City Arts & Music Festival for a variety of local musicians, artists, and more from noon to 7pm along part of our June 30 CicLAvia route.
- Explore the sky with help from amateur astronomers at Griffith Observatory’s monthly Public Star Party, held from 2–9:45pm in Griffith Park.
- Spend a day at the beach filled with family-friendly fun during the LA County Department of Beaches and Harbors’ Beach Fun-a-Palooza from 11am–4pm at the Dockweiler Youth Center in Playa Del Rey.
Saturday, June 8, through Sunday, June 9
- Pack a picnic, grab a friend, and head to the Palisades to catch a polo match at Will Rogers Polo Club. Matches are free, open to the public, and take place most Saturdays from 2–5pm and Sundays from 10–1pm.
Sunday, June 9
- Celebrate Pride Month, unity, love over hate, and all LGBTQ+ communities at the annual LA Pride Parade, from 11am–2pm in West Hollywood.
That's all for this week. We hope that you enjoy exploring LA!
Do you like this post?