Celebrate bike month and the unofficial start of summer with these free, fun events happening around town.
Wednesday, May 22
- Kick off UCLA's Centennial Celebration with music from KCRW DJ Jason Bentley, the UCLA marching band, games, food trucks, an appearance by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and opportunity to see City Hall drenched in blue and gold light at Grand Park from 6:30–8:30pm. (P.S. CicLAvia is thrilled to partner with UCLA on our annual Heart of LA route. Stay tuned...)
- Head to Mid City to unwind with sunset yoga in the garden, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 7pm, at The Underground Museum.
Thursday, May 23
Saturday, May 25
- Grab some friends and stroll through Artists and Fleas, a free fair offering a line-up of art, design, food, and vintage merchandise. Find them at the corner of Abbot Kinney and Westminster in Venice Beach from 11am–4:30pm.
Sunday, May 26
- Head to Spread the Zine, a free workshop offering insight into how to make your own zine from 1–3pm at the California African American Museum.
- Peruse self-published works from over 200 writers and ziners, and enjoy workshops, readings, and discussions during the LA Zine Fest, from noon to 6pm at the Helms Bakery District in Culver City.
- Find a new favorite food or indulge in old favorites at Smorgasburg Los Angeles at The Row from 10am–4pm.
- Meet up with the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition for a casual guided group ride and food tour through Long Beach from 11am–2pm.
And if you're looking to take a staycation and hit a bike path this Memorial Day weekend, here's a great list of options from our friends at LAist.