From kites to kilts to sunset hikes, here are some fun ways to explore LA without spending a dime.
- Head to the Redondo Beach Pier for the annual Festival of the Kite. Come to watch, or stay to participate in competitions like the highest flying kite.
- Join a museum guide and Park Ranger for a sunset tour in and around the Griffith Observatory. Sunset Walk & Talk tours take place from 6:45–7:45pm.
- Explore the Downtown LA Artwalk Night Market. Taking place from 6–9pm, this monthly event features artist stalls, food trucks, and more.
- Stop by from 2:00–9:45pm to gaze at the moon, stars, and far away galaxies during the Griffith Observatory’s monthly Public Star Parties.
- Help heal the environment with Heal the Bay during their Nothin’ But Sand beach cleanup from 10am–12pm.
March 16 + 17
- Celebrate LA's wild side at NHMLA’s LA Nature Fest! Talk with scientists, build your own birdhouse, and learn more about the nature around us. Free for Members or with paid admission.
- From Irish dance lessons to bagpipe performances, enjoy free family-friendly Saint Patrick's Day festivities at One Colorado in Old Pasadena.
- Authentic food, drink, and strolling bagpipers round out The Original Farmers Market's all-ages Saint Patrick’s Day celebration.
Do you like this post?