The CicLAvia staff is committed to being safer riders in 2018. We’re giving away 25 Helmets to help you - our extended CicLAvia family - be safe riders too.
Click the link below to submit a 30 second video sharing why bike safety is important to you and our community.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. INTERNET & VALID EMAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("U.S."), AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER. IF UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, YOU MUST GET THE PERMISSION OF A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN TO SUBMIT A CONTEST ENTRY.
DUE TO LIMITED SUPPLY, ONLY SMALL OR MEDIUM HELMETS AVAILABLE.
THIS CONTEST IS NOT SPONSORED BY FACEBOOK AND FACEBOOK DOES NOT ADMINISTER THE CONTEST SITE.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. If under 18 years of age, you must get the permission of a parent or legal guardian to submit a contest entry. Employees, officers and directors of CicLAvia. ("Sponsor"), their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers, and the immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors (collectively, "Entities") are not eligible. Subject to all applicable local, state, and federal laws. Void where prohibited.
- TO ENTER: The CicLAvia Gives Helmet Giveaway Video Contest (the "Contest") entry period begins at 12:00 PM Pacific Standard Time ("PST") on Monday, February 26th, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on Friday, March 16th, 2018. Visit Helmet Giveaway Sign Up to sign up to apply for the contest. To enter, submit your information and upload a video that is no more than 30 seconds in length to the application and submit so that it is received by 11:59 PM ET on Friday, March 9, 2018. Videos must be no longer than 30 seconds in length. Any video longer than 30 seconds will be ineligible and will not be considered.
In addition, to be eligible, each video entry must meet the following criteria:
- By uploading a video, entrant warrants that he/she is the sole author and copyright owner of the entry or has the permission (via license or otherwise) to use or incorporate those entry portions authored or owned by third parties;
- All participants in the video must understand and agree that the video will be shared publicly via social media and other online platforms. All children in the video must have permission from their parents or legal guardians.
- The video must not contain brand names or trademarks other than that of your organization. This includes any branded apparel, such as hats or t shirts, with company names or logos on them;
- Videos may not have been entered into any other contest or won any other award;
- The video must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The video must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation; and
- The video must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the video is created.
3. PRIZE/WINNER SELECTION: By Friday, March 30th, 2018, representatives of the Sponsor will reveal all winners that have been chosen by a panel consisting of members chosen by the Sponsor. The panel of judges will evaluate each submission and select the entries exclusively based on the following criteria: submission’s appropriateness to theme, length of the video, the originality and creativity of the submission, the quality and presentation of the submission. Winners will then be chosen at random from the pool of eligible contestants.
Prizes: 25 Individual CicLAvia Custom Nutcase Helmets.
The winner will be notified by phone, and/or email Sponsor’s sole discretion, and will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified in notification letter, or an alternate winner may be selected. If the winner is 18 years or older, as is required for entry, but not of the age of majority in his or her state of residence, the prize will either be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian, or a parent or legal guardian must ratify and sign any and all documents required of the winner. Inability to contact a winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected from the remaining eligible entries.
No substitutions for the prize or any of its elements shall apply, except at the election of Sponsor or as may be necessary due to unavailability. In such a case, a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. The prize is not redeemable for cash. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. In the event that any prize component is unavailable for any reason, the remaining elements of the prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s obligation to the winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Any unclaimed and/or unused portion of the prize package will be forfeited and will not be substituted.
4. GENERAL: Taxes on the prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of the prize and not specified are the sole responsibility of the winner. By participating, entrants agree [a] to these rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects relating to this promotion; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Contest or their acceptance, any violation of these rules by them, and use or misuse of a prize, including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner; and [c] automatically confers on Sponsor and Entities an irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, fully paid-up, assignable license to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness, city and state address, and to use, reproduce, display, modify, and create derivative works of all or any portion of the video entry for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including, without limitation, on air in perpetuity, without further notice or compensation (except to the extent prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Entries that are incomplete, incorrect, illegible, garbled, misdirected, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or non-delivered, for any reason or any error, including human error, will not be eligible. Forged entries, altered entries or entries obtained other than as set out in these rules will be void and ineligible. Sponsor and the Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for [a] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including, without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error that may occur in the processing of entries; [b] failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; [c] late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or [d] any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion or submission to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or conduct of the promotion, in which case prizes will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor. No prize transfer or cash redemption. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized website address. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the prohibited methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules, or if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair practices (including entering a submission that is not the entrant’s own original creation) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest if not capable of completion or running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be Notified directly using information provided in submission form.
Sponsor: CicLAvia, Inc., 525 S Hewitt Street #164, Los Angeles, CA 90006.