Remember to pick up a field guide at any hub on Sunday, March 3rd for a hard copy map & list of activities!
Click on a hub location below to see the activities taking place there on Sunday, March 3rd:
All Hubs will have restrooms, free water, free basic bike repair, bike parking, and first aid.
Catch a free pedicab ride—brought to you by AARP—to experience the adventure of CicLAvia in a whole new way! Pedicab stops are available at each info booth - just look for the sign!
Reference Address: 8537 Washington Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232
- Grab a bite from some of LA's best food trucks.
- Stop by the LA County Registrar's booth and make sure you're registered to vote!
Reference Address: 3850 Main Street, Culver City, CA 90232
- Check out the latest in folding bikes from TERN.
- Culver CityBus is celebrating 91 years of service! Stop by their booth for giveaways, Metro Pop-Up Shop, our famous Bus Photo Booth, and a close-up look at our Anniversary Wrapped Bus. Learn more about working for and riding Culver CityBus. Grab a route schedule and pick up a commemorative TAP card!
- Relax in the AARP play zone while catching up over vintage board games.
- Bike Valet!
NEAR THE HUB:
- Enjoy a leisurely lunch in one of the many eateries in Downtown Culver City or grab a quick bite and dine al fresco along Culver Blvd. Check out a killer line up of live bands programmed by the Downtown Business Association. And stop by the Kirk Douglas Theatre for your chance to win free tickets and to create your very own roller derby trading card, sponsored by the upcoming production of “For the Love Of (or the Roller Derby Play)”.
- Check out this map of Downtown Culver City Businesses!
- Stop by the Metro outreach booth at the Culver City Expo Station to chat with Metro Planning Staff, make a customized license plate for your bike, and check out an all-new Smart Metro Bike (with several new stations on the Westside).
Reference Address: 3311 Motor Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90034
- Street Poets will be in their Poetry in Motion Van, a mobile performance venue and recording studio, empowering people of all ages and backgrounds to express themselves on the page and on the mic.
- Learn more about Neighborhood Councils in LA, the Mayor’s Volunteer Engagement program, and the Department of City Planning’s community plan updates in the Westside!
Ride Metro Bike Share at CicLAvia! Stop by their booth in Palms to chat with staff and check out the all-new Smart Metro Bike (with several new stations on the Westside!).
NEAR THE HUB:
Reference Address: 11100 Washington Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232
Stop by Washington Blvd. at Harter St. for free water, porta potties, and free basic bike repair!
Reference Address: 12450 Washington Blvd., Culver City, CA 90066
- Visit the LA Ranger Troca, a food truck turned mobile visitor center for the Santa Monica Mountains. Learn more about the National Parks Services programs, then scale their 25' rock wall.
- Complete the kids bike safety skills course and get a free helmet (while supplies last) courtesy of CicLAvia.
- Stop by the Thousand Safety Checkpoint to get your helmet fitted, check your brakes, tire pressure and saddle height and learn other bike safety tips.
- Stop by reDiscover Center’s booth and create fantastical streamers and fun decorations for your bicycle, scooter, helmet, or stroller.
- Grab a bite and a drink at one of the many local restaurants in the Washington West Business District. Food and drink specials galore.
- Enjoy live performances by Taiko drummers, dance by Brazil Brazil, Ooks of Hazzard, and more, programmed by the Washington West Business District.
- Stop by the "Medusa" Interactive 3D Photography display by 3Deee - fun depth photography viewers for kids and adults! Created by Artist Franklin Londin!
Reference Address: 13000 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90066
- Does your child need a helmet? Stop by the California Highway Patrol booth and get fitted for a free kids helmet (while supplies last).
- Join the Skateside to learn basic skateboarding skills.
- Plug into the phone charging station at the LADWP Solar Trailer and let the sun re-power your phone.
- Visit the JUMP booth for a free adult helmet (while supplies last).
- Sign up for a free Los Angeles Public Library card and keep an eye out for the roaming Book Bike. Free books will be given to people with library cards.
- The Mayor’s Great Streets Initiative invites you to hang out at their pop-up parklet! Learn how to apply for the 2019 Great Streets Challenge Grant. They’re offering ten communities up to $2.5 million in outreach support and infrastructure investments. Snap a photo with your dream Great Street at the parklet to earn points for the Scavenger Hunt!
- Learn more about the new “Downtown Mar Vista” in the Great Streets segment of Venice Blvd. Metro and LADOT will have bike share and Microtransit shuttle info, and there will be a solar DJ. If you’re looking for a fun challenge and want to learn about the new public art, pedestrian safety and street- scape improvements, stop by Councilmember Mike Bonin’s booth to participate in the Great Streets Scavenger Hunt.
- LADOT Vision Zero, Active Transportation and Transit will be activating the hub with activities, swag and project updates. Connect with the team and share ideas about improving traffic safety in your neighborhood.
- Grab some sweets and treats at some of our favorite dessert trucks!
NEAR THE HUB:
- Stop by the Mar Vista Farmers Market on Grand View south of Venice for fresh fruits, veggies, and prepared foods!
- Check out the Great Streets corridor for programming from Council District 11. Stop by Alana’s Coffee for live music, poetry, screen printing, and a photo booth. Visit Venice High School’s bounce house! Stop by the Coffee Connection parking lot to listen to local bands or rock out at the Silent Disco. Check out BuckWild Art Gallery to see Richland Ave. Elementary’s youth art display.
- Ride Metro Bike Share at CicLAvia! Stop by their booth at Venice and Colonial to chat with staff and check out the all-new Smart Metro Bike (with several new stations on the Westside!).
Stop by Venice High School to enjoy food trucks programmed by the Venice High Booster club.