Mid City Meets Venice Cancelled
CicLAvia, in coordination with the City of Los Angeles, has made the decision to cancel CicLAvia—Mid City Meets Venice on April 26. The health and safety of our participants, volunteers, city staff, and partners are our primary focus.
In addition to gathering on event day, a tremendous amount of advance work goes into planning and executing a safe and successful CicLAvia, including our door-to-door outreach along routes to help residents and businesses prepare to get the most out of the event. This advance activity does not allow us to plan properly while practicing safe social distancing for our community, volunteers, and staff.
We know that our strong, tightly-knit community is not simply about physical proximity; what brings us together is a shared purpose to create safer, healthier neighborhoods and make streets serve everyone. It's in that spirit that we encourage all Angelenos to follow the most current CDC guidelines on social distancing to protect the health and safety of all of us.
In the meantime, while we are hard at work (from home) planning routes, both new and old favorites, for the rest of 2020 and beyond, you can peruse our list of restaurants, stores, florists, and other shops along the Mid City meets Venice route that are open for business and could use your support! Find new deals, local eats (for takeout or delivery), and gift ideas - while supporting fantastic neighborhood businesses.
Questions or Concerns
For general event information please email us or call 213.355.8500.
For concerns regarding the Los Angeles street closure permit, contact LA Bureau of Street Services, Investigation, and Enforcement Division, Special Events at 213.847.6000.
Want to ride a bike, rollerblade, or skateboard at CicLAvia, but don't own your own equipment? Not a problem! Below is a list of some bike and skate shops throughout the county that offer rentals. We are constantly updating our this list. So, if you notice that we're missing anything, know of a shop that rents bikes, or one you'd like to see listed, let us know.
Please remember, bikes are not required to participate in CicLAvia! You can walk, run, skate, scoot, take a pedicab or rollerblade. Anything that is people-powered is allowed. If you decide to rent, be sure to call ahead and pay for your reservation in advance, as rentals have been known to sell out on CicLAvia Sundays.
Los Angeles Rentals by Neighborhood
List of shops that offer rentals, sorted alphabetically by neighborhood.
Beverly Hills / West Hollywood
- Beverly Hills Bike Shop | 10546 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064 | 310.275.2453
- Bikes and Hikes LA | 8250 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90046 | 323.796.8555
- I. Martin Bicycles | 8330 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90048 | 323.653.6900
- LA Bike Shop | 8250 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90046 | 323.515.0070
- Abba Padre Bikes and Books | 4219 Sepulveda Blvd #A, Culver City, CA 90230 | 310.390.5203
- The Bike Center | 3702 S Robertson Blvd Culver City, CA 90232 | 213.922.2148
The Bike Shop California | 3770 Motor Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90034 | 310.838.9644
- Call in advance to reserve a bike
Downtown / Central LA
- Coco’s Variety Store | 2427 Riverside Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90039 | 323.664.7400
DTLA Bikes | 425 S Broadway (at 4th), Los Angeles, CA 90013 | 213.533.8000
- Offers a fleet of more than 200 bikes that are ready to ride
- Also offers helmets
- I. Martin Bicycles | 8330 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, 90048 | 323.653.6900
Just Ride Los Angeles | 1626 S Hill St (at Venice Blvd), Los Angeles, CA 90015 | 213.745.6783
- In order to ensure availability, please reserve up to 3 days in advance
- Also offers locks and helmets
- LA Golden Bicycles | 4001 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90010 | 213.739.9911
- Ride on Bike Shop/Co-op | 4319 Degnan Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90008 | 323.903.5043
- Competitive Edge Cyclery | 1869 W Foothill Blvd, Upland, CA 91786 | 909.985.2453
- Incycle | 501 W Arrow Hwy, San Dimas, CA 91773 | 909.592.2181
- Jax Bicycle Center | 217 W 1st St Claremont, CA, 91711 | 909.621.5827
Glendale / Atwater Village
- All Things Bicycle | 310 Fischer St, Glendale, CA 91205 | 310.733.0903
- Bicycle Pit Stop | 667 Alexander St, Glendale, CA 91203 | 818.839.0721
- Bicycle Land | 422 N Glendale Ave, Glendale, CA 91206 | 818.242.6906
- Coco’s Variety Store | 2427 Riverside Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90039 | 323.664.7400
- Bicycle Doctor 5003 York Blvd, Highland Park, CA 90042 | 323.259.3131
- Bike Oven | 3706 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90065 | 323.300.8105
- Lincoln Heights Cyclery | 3422 N Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90031 | 323.576.2208
- Raffi's Bicycles | 5505 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90042 | 323.474.6340
- Ryd L.A. River Bike Rentals | 2274 Ripple St, Los Angeles, CA 90039 | 323.522.3239
- Ryky’s Bike Shop | 2424 N Daly St, Los Angeles, CA 90031 | 213.703.8909
- Spoke Bicycle Cafe | 3050 N Coolidge Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90039 | 323.684.1130
- Spokes N Stuff | Griffith Park Ranger Station, 4730 Crystal Springs Ave, Griffith Park, CA 90027 | 323.662.6573
Long Beach / San Pedro
- Pedal Movement | 223 E 1st St, Long Beach, CA 90802 | 562.436.2453
- The Bike Palace | 1600 S Pacific Ave, San Pedro, CA 90731 | 310-832-1966
- Velo Pacific | 5470 E 2nd St, Long Beach, CA, 90803 | 562.433.5801
- Wheel Fun Rentals | 429 Shoreline Village Dr, Ste G, Long Beach, CA 90802 | 562.951.3857
Marina Del Ray
- Bike Attack Playa Vista | 12775 W Millennium, Playa Vista CA 90094 | 310.862.5001
- Daniel's Bike Rentals | Fisherman's Village, 13737 Fiji Way, Marina Del Ray, CA 90292 | 310.980.4045
LA Brakeless | 12220 Venice Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90066 | 310.313.6300
- Call in advance to reserve a bike
- The Recyclist Bike Shop | 12446 Venice Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90066 | 310.993.5727
San Fernando Valley
- Retro Xpress Bicycles | 14508 Victory Blvd, Van Nuys, CA 91401 | 818.200.9463
Trek Bicycle Westlake Village | 3835 E Thousand Oaks Blvd, Unit K
Westlake Village, CA 91362 | 805.251.0946
Van's Cyclery | 11407 Victory Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91606 | 818.760.6960
- Call a few days in advance to rent a bike; limited quantities available
Wheel Fun Rentals | 6300 Balboa Blvd, Van Nuys, CA 91316 | 818.212.4263
- A wide range of bikes are available including cruisers, choppers, tandems, and surreys
San Gabriel Valley
- Incycle | 175 S Fair Oaks Ave, Pasadena, CA 91105 | 626.577.0440
- Jones Bicycles II | 417 South Mission Dr, San Gabriel, CA 91776 | 626.7934227
- Pasadena Cyclery | 1670 E Walnut St, Pasadena, CA 91106 | 626.795.2866
- Stan's Bike Shop | 732 N Azusa Ave, Azusa, CA 91702 | 626.804.7400
- Velo Pasadena Inc | 2562 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91107 | 626.304.0064
- Bicycle Ambulance | 2212 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90405 | 310.395.5026
- Bike Attack & Electric | 2904 Main St, Santa Monica, CA 90405 | 424.744.8148
- Blazing Saddles | 320 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401 | 310.393.9778
- Cynergy Cycles | 2300 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404 | 310.857.1500
- Perry's Cafe | 320 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401 | 310.823.6730
- Santa Monica Beach Bicycle Rentals | 1428 4th St, Santa Monica, CA 90401 | 310.428.5337
- Santa Monica Bike Center | 1555 2nd St, Unit A, Santa Monica, CA 90401 | 310.656.8500
- Spokes N Stuff | 1700 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90401 | 310.395.4748
- The Bike Shop Santa Monica | 2400 Main St, Santa Monica, CA 90405 | 310.581.8014
- Boardwalk Skate & Surf | 201 1/2 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291 | 310.450.6634
- Jays Rentals Venice Beach | 1501 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291 | 310.392.7306
- Perry's Cafe | 3100 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90292 | 310.823.6730
- Spokes N Stuff | 327 Washington Blvd, Venice, CA 90291 | 310.439.7276
- Ride Venice | 1915 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291 | 310.954.0974
- The Bicycle Whisperer | 1150 Venice Ave, Venice, CA 90291 | 310.612.1409
- Venice Bike & Skates | 21 Washington Blvd, Venice, CA 90292 | 310.301.4011
- Bike Improve | 10927 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025 | 310.400.0363
- Helen's Cycles: Westwood Village | 1071 Gayley Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024 | 310.208.8988
- UCLA Bike Shop | 2131 John Wooden Ctr, Los Angeles, CA 90095 | 310.206.7219
- Synaptic Cycles | Los Angeles road bike rentals, delivered to your door for free | 949.484.6409
How to Participate
CicLAvia provides an opportunity to connect with Angelenos and communities throughout Los Angeles County in an entirely new way.
Participants are invited to walk, bike, skate, run, and enjoy the open streets on select Sundays! CicLAvia works hard to provide a safe and secure environment for all participants. By familiarizing yourself with the following information, you can help make CicLAvia a great event for everyone.
As consideration for being allowed to participate in a CicLAvia, all participants are deemed to have released from liability and waived any right to sue its organizers, their employees, officers, volunteers and agents from any and all claims, including claims of negligence, resulting in any physical injury, illness (including death) or economic loss suffered as a result of participating in this CicLAvia.
By participating in a CicLAvia event, each participant understands that there are risks, such as physical and/or psychological injury, pain, suffering, illness, disfigurement, temporary or permanent disability, death or economic loss. These injuries or outcomes may arise from a participant’s or other’s actions, inactions, or negligence, or the condition of the location (s) or facility (ies). Nonetheless, participants assume all known and unknown risks of participation in CicLAvia.
- CicLAvia is FREE!
- CicLAvia lasts from 9am to 4pm*
- CicLAvia closes streets to car traffic and opens them for people to walk, skate, bike, play, and explore parts of Los Angeles County.
- CicLAvia is not a race! There's no starting point or finish line—begin where you like and enjoy the day your way.
- CicLAvia traffic flows in two directions, just like regular traffic. Check out more rules of the route.
Timing Your Trip
CicLAvia lasts from 9am–4pm*. Please budget your time accordingly. Make sure you return to your point of origin or final destination by 4pm to avoid car traffic when the route reopens.
Share the Road
Cars are not allowed at CicLAvia, but any other form of non-motorized transportation is. Be aware of how people around you are traveling—biking, walking, skating, etc.—and respect their right to the road.
Police, transit officers, and volunteers will be at crossing intersections to monitor the flow of participant and car traffic. Riders and pedestrians must stop at car and pedestrian intersections when told to do so.
Please monitor your speed going downhill. Also, stay within the speed of the flow of traffic when it is too congested to pass.
There are often mandatory dismount locations. There will be signs at the dismount locations and volunteers instructing riders to dismount.
Biking with Children
Our friends at REI have a comprehensive information and video page about biking with children. Please take the time to review this information if you plan to enjoy CicLAvia with children.
Helmets for Children
All children (18 and under) are required by law to wear a helmet if they are on a bike, scooter, skateboard, skates, or other types of geared or wheeled-transportation. We have a free helmet giveaway at one of our hubs at each event. Check out our activities along the route page closer to the event date to get more information!
Experienced Riders Recommended
CicLAvia is not an ideal place to teach a child, or an adult, how to ride due to the heavy flow of bike, board, and pedestrian traffic. While we encourage participants of all ages and skill levels, we strongly suggest that children and all participants learn the basics of bike riding before participating in the event route.
At CicLAvia, the Safety and Well-Being of our Participants is our Primary Concern
We work closely with local authorities to provide as safe and secure an environment as possible. We also partner with other local agencies that provide additional security elements along the route and at public transit locations.
Law Enforcement and Emergency Personnel
The Los Angeles Police Department provides a strong security presence at CicLAvia. In addition, there are emergency medical technicians stationed at each Hub, and other response personnel is available along the route.
In case of an accident, go to the nearest Hub to report it to a staff member. If you are between Hubs, look for the nearest uniformed officer, responder, or event staff member.
If you notice any suspicious activity or a suspicious package, immediately report it to the nearest staff member or uniformed officer.
Contact Staff and Volunteers
Staff can be identified by the t-shirt that says STAFF on the back. Volunteers can be identified by the t-shirt that says VOLUNTEER on the back.
Staff members and volunteers can assist you in finding the answers to questions and help find the right person to respond to emergencies. If you are missing a member of your party, have been in a minor accident, or have been part of an incident, please contact staff at the nearest Hub. This is often the fastest way to ensure police officers or emergency personnel respond to the situation rapidly and effectively.
*February and December routes end at 3pm due to Daylight Savings Time
Rain or Shine
CicLAvia will go on, rain or shine! Here are some things to keep in mind when riding or rolling in wet conditions.
Slow down. It’s easier to lose traction, especially in turns, when the road is wet. Avoid sharp turns and high speed turns so your bike won’t slide out from under you.
Skidding is more likely when the road is wet. Modulate your braking to avoid a skid.
Give yourself extra time and distance to stop.
Rim brake users, remember your rims are wet so it takes a little longer for your brake pads to catch. Pumping your brakes will help.
Be more cautious on (or avoid) surfaces that are extra slippery when wet. Such surfaces may include metal plates, manhole covers, train tracks, storm grates, and street “paint”.
Avoid riding through standing water or piles of wet leaves, which might conceal road defects.
Visibility is reduced when it’s raining. Wear bright, reflective clothing and use front and rear lights to help you see and be seen (even during the day).