The schedule is packed this year for 2015's Heart of LA route. We've got four hubs – Hollenbeck Park, Grand Park, Chinatown and MacArthur Park – that will offer CicLAvia information and merchandise, food trucks, bike parking, bike repair, free water, restrooms and first aid stations. Each hub will also have activities, sponsor booths and more. Participants may pick up CicLAvia’s specially created Heart of LA neighborhood guide and activities fliers at the information booths. You can also view lots of information on our interactive digital map!
Cirque du Soleil will be at the Chinatown Hub promoting their newest touring Big Top show: KURIOS - Cabinet of Curiosities™, which will debut in Southern California this fall. The KURIOS space will include the chance for participants to make stop-motion videos which will place them on the silver screen. Cirque will also have penny-farthing bikes on the route featuring costumed riders.
Pick My Solar will have a Sun Fun Lounge at the Grand Park Hub where people of all ages can learn about solar power as they listen to solar powered bands and DJs, let the sun recharge electronic devices, enjoy refreshments, participate in giveaways and test their solar power skills with a solar panel collector contest.
The Whole You zone will be at the MacArthur Park Hub where Whole You will sponsor bike parking, a roving social media “selfie” photo op, and other fun things for people of all ages.
In addition, CicLAvia, along with the City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs, Community Arts Resources and Portraits of Hope, have arranged to have the popular “Spheres at MacArthur Park” floating art exhibit extended from its original September close date until CicLAvia – Heart of LA. The colorful spheres, floating in MacArthur Park lake, have become a beloved outdoor art installation since being unveiled in August.
MacArthur Park Hub
- Whole You Zone
- Food Trucks: Deli Doctor / Farmers Belly / Mandoline Grill / Peaches Smokehouse / Pudding Truck / Zugo Liquitarian
- The CicLAvia Old School Merchandise booth offers a variety of CicLAvia apparel and items from past events. Participants may also use their Metro TAP card for 15% off NEW CicLAvia tanks at tees at the hub merchandise booth thanks to a partnership with Metro’s Destination Discounts program.
- Participants may plug into the phone charging station at the LADWP Solar Trailer and let the sun repower their phones.
- Add a creative stroke to a collective painting on the Mobile Mural Lab from 11am–3pm.
- Children may complete the kids bike safety skills course and get a free kid’s bike helmet (while supplies last).
- Enjoy the largest public art and civic project in the U.S - more than 10,000 local children and adults have visually transformed MacArthur Park as part of the Spheres at MacArthur Park.
- Sign up for a free Los Angeles Public Library card and keep an eye for the roaming Book Bike. Free books given to library cardholders.
- CicLAvia sponsor booths from Time Out Los Angeles, Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, Department of Water and Power and Tern Bikes will offer information, games and more.
Grand Park Hub
- The Pick My Solar Sun Fun Lounge
- Food Trucks: Artesana Pops / Cousins Maine Lobster / Surfer Taco / Vchos / Waffles de Liege
- Try out the Metro bus bike rack and learn how to bring a bicycle on the bus.
- CicLAvia sponsor booths from the Los Angeles Times, Metro and Whole Foods will offer information, games and more.
NEAR THE HUB
- Grand Park and Ryman Arts present The Big Draw LA, a fun-filled, creative celebration of the act of drawing. Grand Park, between Broadway and Spring Street, will be transformed into a giant experimental drawing studio where participants can create giant geometric patterns, comics, masks and banners.
- Take a break in Little Tokyo and park at the free bike valet in the Japanese National Museum plaza (100 N Central Ave). Enjoy a Japanese taiko drum performance, take part in an origami workshop and learn about all things Little Tokyo at the Go Little Tokyo booth.
- Free public tours (pending capacity) of the historic Los Angeles Times Globe Lobby at 202 W 1st St.
- Farmers Market on 5th Street near Grand Park.
- Food Trucks
- Cirque du Soleil’s Kurios Zone
- Enjoy live music on the LA Weekly stage in Central Plaza presented by the Chinatown BID.
Hollenbeck Park Hub
- Food Trucks: Dogtown Dogs / King Kone / Kogi BBQ / Postcards Central American Soul / Slammin' Sliders
- Snap a photo at Las Fotos Project’s free photobooth.
- Experience the LA Phil’s VAN Beethoven, a virtual reality performance featuring the opening of Beethoven’s timeless Fifth Symphony performed by the LA Phil and Gustavo Dudamel. Ages 13+ only.
- Create handcrafted paper flowers to decorate bikes and more at the Dia de los Muertos Paper Flower Workshop by Self Help Graphics & Art.
- Enjoy music courtesy of the office of Councilmember Jose Huizar at the Council District 14 booth, and learn more about the district.