The LA Phil is celebrating its 100th birthday by throwing an epic free 8-mile street party, showcasing the creative and community spirit of Los Angeles. The LA Phil is partnering with CicLAvia and Community Arts Resources (CARS) to produce a temporary car-free day that transforms streets into safe spaces for thousands of people to explore the city by foot, bike, and other forms of transport. Plus music from LA’s best musicians, art, dance, food trucks, and kid-friendly fun.
Business Opportunity Flyer/ Folletos de Oportunidades Comerciales
What Will You See at Celebrate LA! LA Phil 100 x CicLAvia?
- Tens of thousands of participants on car-free streets from all over the region eager to explore the neighborhood
- Happy people looking for their new favorite spot
- Safe, fun and family-oriented activities
- Music, dance, and art from hundreds of LA artists, brought to you by the LA Phil
- Police and Department of Transportation Officers responsible for traffic and crowd control along the route
- Event staff and volunteers on the route assisting participants with questions and concerns
- Restrooms, free water, first aid, trash/ recycling, bike parking and information booths at Hubs along the route
Take Advantage of the Thousands of Potential Customers Passing By Your Door!
- PLAN TO BE OPEN ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. Make your store- front visible with signs and banners.
- BRING YOUR BUSINESS OUTSIDE If you have permission to use the sidewalk in front of your business, feel free to bring products, music or seating outside. If you activate your sidewalk you must maintain a 4’ clearance for ADA access. (Please note: under the terms of CicLAvia’s permit, no stationary objects are allowed in the street.)
- GET FEATURED ON THE CELEBRATE LA DIGITAL MAP. Businesses that offer a special discount can be listed for free on our interactive digital map (laphil.org/celebratela and map.ciclavia.org), see below for details to join the Celebrate LA Savings program.
- HELP GET THE WORD OUT IN ADVANCE. Put up a poster or give postcards to your customers! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and suggestions.
Participate in the Celebrate LA Savings Program
Is Your Business on the Route? Encourage participants to stop by on the day of the event by offering a special discount to Celebrate LA participants. We’ll highlight your family-friendly business (e.g. restaurants, movie theaters, toy stores, clothing shops, hair salons, banks.) for free on the Celebrate LA website, subject to approval. Follow these guidelines to join:
- Offer discount on day of the event during business hours.
- Send the name of your business, discount offer, business address, photo, and website link (if available) to email@example.com or call 213.355.8500 by Monday, September 24th. Include name, email, and contact information for your business.
How Will Car Access & Parking Be Handled?
PLEASE BE AWARE that all driveways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 7:00am on Sunday, September 30th.
If your vehicle is parked in your driveway and you need to use it after 7:00am on September 30th, please park elsewhere as the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6:00pm*. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route during this time.
Street closures begin at 6:00am, with full route closures in place by 7:00am. The event runs from 9:00am–4:00pm, and streets will be fully open to cars by approximately 6:00pm*.
Cars can cross the route at selected major streets (see map). Pedestrian crossings will also be available along the route to give people access to businesses and buildings on both sides of the street. All other cross streets will be closed at the route. Streets adjacent to the route will remain open to local access for residents and businesses.
NO PARKING allowed on the route after 1:00am on Sunday, September 30th. Parking restrictions will be posted and towing will be enforced.
Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood
If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8:00pm on Saturday, September 29th through 6:00pm* on Sunday, September 30th. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia, 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
*Grand Ave between 1st St and 2nd St Closed until Monday 10/1, 12pm; Grand Ave between 2nd St and 3rd St: Closed until Sunday 9/30, 10:30pm. No parking or vehicle access will be allowed on Grand Ave during these times. The LA Phil will have additional street closures on Grand Ave for other events prior to Celebrate LA. Contact the LA Phil at 213.972.3051 or firstname.lastname@example.org.