Celebrate LA! LA Phil 100 x CicLAvia
On Sunday, September 30th, CicLAvia is partnering with the LA Phil and Community Arts Resources (CARS) and clearing the roadways between Walt Disney Concert Hall and Hollywood, transforming them into an auto-free zone where you can walk, run, skate, scoot, bike, and wander however you like! Six hubs along the route will feature art, food trucks, screen-printing, kid-friendly fun, and dancing, as well as live music from LA’s best musicians. Think of it as an eight-mile free space saved just for you – do with it what you will!
The following streets will be closed to vehicle traffic for the duration of the event: Grand Ave. between 1st St. and Wilshire Blvd.; Wilshire Blvd. between Grand Ave. and Western Ave.; Western Ave. between Wilshire Blvd. and Melrose Ave.; Melrose Ave. between Western Blvd. and Vine St.; and Vine St. between Melrose Ave. and Yucca St. (Please note that Highland Avenue will not be closed. Shuttle service will connect the Hollywood Hub and the Hollywood Bowl; bike parking at the Hollywood Hub will be available.)
Most streets will begin reopening at 4pm, but the party keeps going at the Grand Avenue Hub until 8:30pm.
Getting to the route and parking
Click below for information on getting to Celebrate LA! LA Phil 100 x CicLAvia on Sunday, September 30th!
Grand Ave Hub (Grand Ave between 1st and 3rd street) - 111 S. Grand Ave, Los Angeles, 90012
MacArthur Park Hub (Park View between Wilshire and 6th, inside Park) - 2401 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, 90057
Koreatown Hub (Wilshire between Western and Serrano) - 3731 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, 90010
Melrose Hub (Melrose at Windsor) - 5555 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, 90038
Hollywood Hub (Vine between Hollywood and Yucca) - 1750 Vine Street, Los Angeles, 90028
The following Hubs are accessible via Metro Rail:
The Grand Ave Hub is accessible via the Civic Center/Grand Park Metro Purple or Red Line
The MacArthur Park Hub is accessible via the Westlake/MacArthur Park Metro Purple or Red Line
The Koreatown Hub is accessible via the Wilshire/Western Metro Purple Line
The Hollywood Hub is accessible via the Hollywood and Vine Metro Red Line
The route is also accessible via the following stations:
Wilshire/Normandie Metro Purple Line
Wilshire/Vermont Metro Purple and Red Line
Metro Bikeshare is live in DTLA! Grab a bike at any of these stations close to the CicLAvia route.
Metro will also set up additional bike share kiosks at Wilshire and Flower, the Koreatown Hub, and Vine south of Hollywood Blvd.
Service is available on Inland Empire-Orange County, Orange County, 91, and San Bernardino lines to Union Station. Upon arriving at Union Station, transfer to the Purple or Red Line to any of the stops above.You can view the schedule here.
*Please Note* Antelope Valley Line: Metrolink will perform track maintenance work on the Antelope Valley Line from Sept. 29 to Nov. 4, which will affect train service between the Metrolink Newhall and Sylmar / San Fernando stations on weekends. Bus service will transport passengers between the Sylmar / San Fernando station and Newhall stations on Saturday’s and Sundays. Trains and buses are expected to operate at their scheduled times, but delays of up to 30 minutes are possible.
Live/Work Along the Route
If you live/work along the route and would like more information about how Celebrate LA! LA Phil 100 x CicLAvia will affect your neighborhood on Sunday, September 30th, please download the route notification flyer. The flyer has information about the streets that will be closed, parking restriction and parking options for residents and employees of local businesses.
The route will be closed to vehicles from 7:00am to approximately 6:00pm* on Sunday, September 30th.
NO PARKING will be allowed from 1:00am–6:00pm* on Sunday, September 30th on the route. Parking restrictions will be enforced and vehicles will be towed beginning at 1:00am. Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood.
NO VEHICLES are allowed on the route between 7:00am and approximately 6:00pm*. There are crossing points at several intersections where vehicles can cross along route.
Driveway access: PLEASE BE AWARE that all driveways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 7:00am on Sunday, September 30th and vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route from 7:00am to approximately 6:00pm*. If your vehicle is parked in your driveway and you need to use it after 7:00am on Sunday, September 30th, please park off the route or the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6:00pm*.
*Grand Ave between 1st St and 2nd St: Closed until Monday 10/1, 12pm. Grand Ave between 2nd St and Hope Place: Closed until Sunday 9/30, 10:30pm. No parking or vehicle access will be allowed on Grand Ave during these times. The LA Phil will have additional street closures on Grand Ave for other events prior to Celebrate LA. Contact the LA Phil at 213.972.3051 or [email protected] Please visit the street closure page for additional details.
All buses that usually run along the CicLAvia route will be detoured. Please check our bus detour info page and your local bus stop for detour information. Check back closer to the event date to see a full list of detours here.
If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8:00pm on Saturday, September 29th through 6:00pm on Sunday, September 30th. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia, 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
The LA Phil is celebrating its 100th birthday by throwing an epic free 8-mile street party, showcasing the creative and community spirit of Los Angeles. The LA Phil is partnering with CicLAvia and Community Arts Resources (CARS) to produce a temporary car-free day that transforms streets into safe spaces for thousands of people to explore the city by foot, bike, and other forms of transport. Plus music from LA’s best musicians, art, dance, food trucks, and kid-friendly fun.
Business Opportunity Flyer/ Folletos de Oportunidades Comerciales
What Will You See at Celebrate LA! LA Phil 100 x CicLAvia?
- Tens of thousands of participants on car-free streets from all over the region eager to explore the neighborhood
- Happy people looking for their new favorite spot
- Safe, fun and family-oriented activities
- Music, dance, and art from hundreds of LA artists, brought to you by the LA Phil
- Police and Department of Transportation Officers responsible for traffic and crowd control along the route
- Event staff and volunteers on the route assisting participants with questions and concerns
- Restrooms, free water, first aid, trash/ recycling, bike parking and information booths at Hubs along the route
Take Advantage of the Thousands of Potential Customers Passing By Your Door!
- PLAN TO BE OPEN ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT. Make your store- front visible with signs and banners.
- BRING YOUR BUSINESS OUTSIDE If you have permission to use the sidewalk in front of your business, feel free to bring products, music or seating outside. If you activate your sidewalk you must maintain a 4’ clearance for ADA access. (Please note: under the terms of CicLAvia’s permit, no stationary objects are allowed in the street.)
- GET FEATURED ON THE CELEBRATE LA DIGITAL MAP. Businesses that offer a special discount can be listed for free on our interactive digital map (laphil.org/celebratela and map.ciclavia.org), see below for details to join the Celebrate LA Savings program.
- HELP GET THE WORD OUT IN ADVANCE. Put up a poster or give postcards to your customers! Contact [email protected] for more information and suggestions.
Participate in the Celebrate LA Savings Program
Is Your Business on the Route? Encourage participants to stop by on the day of the event by offering a special discount to Celebrate LA participants. We’ll highlight your family-friendly business (e.g. restaurants, movie theaters, toy stores, clothing shops, hair salons, banks.) for free on the Celebrate LA website, subject to approval. Follow these guidelines to join:
- Offer discount on day of the event during business hours.
- Send the name of your business, discount offer, business address, photo, and website link (if available) to [email protected] or call 213.355.8500 by Monday, September 24th. Include name, email, and contact information for your business.
How Will Car Access & Parking Be Handled?
PLEASE BE AWARE that all driveways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 7:00am on Sunday, September 30th.
If your vehicle is parked in your driveway and you need to use it after 7:00am on September 30th, please park elsewhere as the vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6:00pm*. Vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route during this time.
Street closures begin at 6:00am, with full route closures in place by 7:00am. The event runs from 9:00am–4:00pm, and streets will be fully open to cars by approximately 6:00pm*.
Cars can cross the route at selected major streets (see map). Pedestrian crossings will also be available along the route to give people access to businesses and buildings on both sides of the street. All other cross streets will be closed at the route. Streets adjacent to the route will remain open to local access for residents and businesses.
NO PARKING allowed on the route after 1:00am on Sunday, September 30th. Parking restrictions will be posted and towing will be enforced.
Additional street parking near the route may be restricted. Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood
If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8:00pm on Saturday, September 29th through 6:00pm* on Sunday, September 30th. For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia, 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
*Grand Ave between 1st St and 2nd St Closed until Monday 10/1, 12pm; Grand Ave between 2nd St and 3rd St: Closed until Sunday 9/30, 10:30pm. No parking or vehicle access will be allowed on Grand Ave during these times. The LA Phil will have additional street closures on Grand Ave for other events prior to Celebrate LA. Contact the LA Phil at 213.972.3051 or [email protected]
Click here to download the street closure notification flyer.
Join us for a community meeting to learn about street closures, business opportunities, family activities, volunteer positions and more:
Celebrate LA welcomes all to the event, and works to make each route accessible to all individuals. We utilize the existing infrastructure of the City, so participants can enter or exit anywhere along the route, making use of city streets, ramps and sidewalks. When facilities are added to the route at hubs (restrooms, water areas), they are all ADA compliant. There are gradual inclines along each route and any portion deemed steep will have volunteers stationed to guide participants. While steep areas and congested areas are usually mandatory dismount zones, participants unable to dismount are not required to do so. Service animals are welcome.
Click below for detailed information:
Hubs are resting and meeting points along the route. Each hub has free basic bike repair, bike parking, an information booth, merchandise, free drinking water and ADA-compliant restrooms. All hubs will have bike valet with the exception of Melrose and Hollywood Bowl.
- Grand Ave Hub* - 111 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90012 (This hub runs from 9 am to 8:30 pm)
- MacArthur Park Hub - 2401 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90057 (This hub runs from 9 am to 4 pm)
- Koreatown Hub - 5555 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038 (This hub runs from 9 am to 4 pm)
- Hollywood Hub - 1750 Vine Street, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (This hub runs from 9 am to 4 pm)
- Hollywood Bowl Hub* - Kagan Patio Stage - 2301 N Highland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90068 (*this hub is not connected via the open street route - shuttles will be available every ten minutes at the Hollywood Hub to get to and from the Bowl Hub. This hub runs from 9 am to 2 pm).
Mileage Between Hubs
'American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters will be present on all stages where a majority of the performance includes English singing or speaking'
This route has a couple of gradual inclines. All hubs are dismount zones. In addition to the hubs, there are two dismount zones due to extreme inclines - Beaudry and Wilshire, and 5th and Grand Ave.
Participants with mobility limitations are welcome to use motorized wheelchairs, scooters, pedal-assist bikes, and adaptive bicycles.
Catch a free pedicab ride—brought to you by AARP—to enjoy the adventure of Celebrate LA. Pedicab stops are located at each hub's info booth, and will travel between hubs. Look for the pedicab stop sign at each hub’s information booth. Pedicabs are available on a first-come, first served basis. Riders must be able to step into or transfer into the pedicab.
To find a list of parking lots that are open air and flat, please visit parkme.com.
You can view a more comprehensive list of parking lots and structures along the route by clicking here.
To get more information on how to get to the route, please click here.
All buses along the Celebrate LA! LA Phil 100 x CicLAvia route will be detoured during the event street closure hours. Check your bus stop on Saturday, September 29th for posted signs outlining specific detours for your stop.
Click here to see the Metro Bus Detours
Click here to see the Foothill Transit Bus Detours
Click here to see the Big Blue Bus Detours
Specials Along the Route
Specials, deals, and discounts along on the route on September 30!
532 S Western Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90020
Enjoy $5 beers and ciders all day!
601 West 5th Street Suite R201 Los Angeles, CA 9007
Enjoy 15% off our regular menu or free fries with a purchase of $25.00. Happy hour all day!
273 S Western Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90020
CicLAvia participants get a 15% discount!
Hollywood Vintage Memorabilia
Located in the Hollywood Farmers’ Market.
Get a 10% discount from 8am - 2pm!
5009 Melrose Ave Los Angeles, CA 90038
626 N Larchmont Boulevard. Los Angeles, CA 90004
Free lemonade with purchase
5630 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90004
Special: 10% off.
Special: Show your Celebrate LA app at the register & receive: FREE Naked Fries w/ the purchase of any entrée.
One per person at The Melt Figueroa at 7th (Inside Taste Food Hall). Limited to Naked Fries. Not valid w/ online or kiosk orders, other offers or discounts. Offer valid only 9/30/18.
Want to add a special for your business? Join the CicLAvia Savings Program!
Want to ride a bike, rollerblade, or skateboard at CicLAvia, but don't own your own equipment? Not a problem! Below is a list of some bike and skate shops throughout the county that offer rentals. We are constantly updating our this list. So, if you notice that we're missing anything, know of a shop that rents bikes, or one you'd like to see listed, let us know.
Please remember, bikes are not required to participate in CicLAvia! You can walk, run, skate, scoot, take a pedicab or rollerblade. Anything that is people-powered is allowed. If you decide to rent, be sure to call ahead and pay for your reservation in advance, as rentals have been known to sell out on CicLAvia Sundays.
Los Angeles Rentals by Neighborhood
List of shops that offer rentals, sorted alphabetically by neighborhood.
Beverly Hills / West Hollywood
- Beverly Hills Bike Shop | 10546 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90064 | 310.275.2453
- Bikes and Hikes LA | 8250 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90046 | 323.796.8555
- I. Martin Bicycles | 8330 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90048 | 323.653.6900
- LA Bike Shop | 8250 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90046 | 323.515.0070
- Abba Padre Bikes and Books | 4219 Sepulveda Blvd #A, Culver City, CA 90230 | 310.390.5203
- The Bike Center | 3702 S Robertson Blvd Culver City, CA 90232 | 213.922.2148
The Bike Shop California | 3770 Motor Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90034 | 310.838.9644
- Call in advance to reserve a bike
Downtown / Central LA
- Coco’s Variety Store | 2427 Riverside Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90039 | 323.664.7400
DTLA Bikes | 425 S Broadway (at 4th), Los Angeles, CA 90013 | 213.533.8000
- Offers a fleet of more than 200 bikes that are ready to ride
- Also offers helmets
- I. Martin Bicycles | 8330 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, 90048 | 323.653.6900
Just Ride Los Angeles | 1626 S Hill St (at Venice Blvd), Los Angeles, CA 90015 | 213.745.6783
- In order to ensure availability, please reserve up to 3 days in advance
- Also offers locks and helmets
- LA Golden Bicycles | 4001 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90010 | 213.739.9911
- Ride on Bike Shop/Co-op | 4319 Degnan Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90008 | 323.903.5043
- Competitive Edge Cyclery | 1869 W Foothill Blvd, Upland, CA 91786 | 909.985.2453
- Incycle | 501 W Arrow Hwy, San Dimas, CA 91773 | 909.592.2181
- Jax Bicycle Center | 217 W 1st St Claremont, CA, 91711 | 909.621.5827
Glendale / Atwater Village
- All Things Bicycle | 310 Fischer St, Glendale, CA 91205 | 310.733.0903
- Bicycle Pit Stop | 667 Alexander St, Glendale, CA 91203 | 818.839.0721
- Bicycle Land | 422 N Glendale Ave, Glendale, CA 91206 | 818.242.6906
- Coco’s Variety Store | 2427 Riverside Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90039 | 323.664.7400
- Bicycle Doctor 5003 York Blvd, Highland Park, CA 90042 | 323.259.3131
- Bike Oven | 3706 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90065 | 323.300.8105
- Lincoln Heights Cyclery | 3422 N Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90031 | 323.576.2208
- Raffi's Bicycles | 5505 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90042 | 323.474.6340
- Ryd L.A. River Bike Rentals | 2274 Ripple St, Los Angeles, CA 90039 | 323.522.3239
- Ryky’s Bike Shop | 2424 N Daly St, Los Angeles, CA 90031 | 213.703.8909
- Spoke Bicycle Cafe | 3050 N Coolidge Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90039 | 323.684.1130
- Spokes N Stuff | Griffith Park Ranger Station, 4730 Crystal Springs Ave, Griffith Park, CA 90027 | 323.662.6573
Long Beach / San Pedro
- Pedal Movement | 223 E 1st St, Long Beach, CA 90802 | 562.436.2453
- The Bike Palace | 1600 S Pacific Ave, San Pedro, CA 90731 | 310-832-1966
- Velo Pacific | 5470 E 2nd St, Long Beach, CA, 90803 | 562.433.5801
- Wheel Fun Rentals | 429 Shoreline Village Dr, Ste G, Long Beach, CA 90802 | 562.951.3857
Marina Del Ray
- Bike Attack Playa Vista | 12775 W Millennium, Playa Vista CA 90094 | 310.862.5001
- Daniel's Bike Rentals | Fisherman's Village, 13737 Fiji Way, Marina Del Ray, CA 90292 | 310.980.4045
LA Brakeless | 12220 Venice Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90066 | 310.313.6300
- Call in advance to reserve a bike
- The Recyclist Bike Shop | 12446 Venice Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90066 | 310.993.5727
San Fernando Valley
- Retro Xpress Bicycles | 14508 Victory Blvd, Van Nuys, CA 91401 | 818.200.9463
Trek Bicycle Westlake Village | 3835 E Thousand Oaks Blvd, Unit K
Westlake Village, CA 91362 | 805.251.0946
Van's Cyclery | 11407 Victory Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91606 | 818.760.6960
- Call a few days in advance to rent a bike; limited quantities available
Wheel Fun Rentals | 6300 Balboa Blvd, Van Nuys, CA 91316 | 818.212.4263
- A wide range of bikes are available including cruisers, choppers, tandems, and surreys
San Gabriel Valley
- Incycle | 175 S Fair Oaks Ave, Pasadena, CA 91105 | 626.577.0440
- Jones Bicycles II | 417 South Mission Dr, San Gabriel, CA 91776 | 626.7934227
- Pasadena Cyclery | 1670 E Walnut St, Pasadena, CA 91106 | 626.795.2866
- Stan's Bike Shop | 732 N Azusa Ave, Azusa, CA 91702 | 626.804.7400
- Velo Pasadena Inc | 2562 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91107 | 626.304.0064
- Bicycle Ambulance | 2212 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90405 | 310.395.5026
- Bike Attack & Electric | 2904 Main St, Santa Monica, CA 90405 | 424.744.8148
- Blazing Saddles | 320 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401 | 310.393.9778
- Cynergy Cycles | 2300 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404 | 310.857.1500
- Perry's Cafe | 320 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica, CA 90401 | 310.823.6730
- Santa Monica Beach Bicycle Rentals | 1428 4th St, Santa Monica, CA 90401 | 310.428.5337
- Santa Monica Bike Center | 1555 2nd St, Unit A, Santa Monica, CA 90401 | 310.656.8500
- Spokes N Stuff | 1700 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90401 | 310.395.4748
- The Bike Shop Santa Monica | 2400 Main St, Santa Monica, CA 90405 | 310.581.8014
- Boardwalk Skate & Surf | 201 1/2 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291 | 310.450.6634
- Jays Rentals Venice Beach | 1501 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291 | 310.392.7306
- Perry's Cafe | 3100 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90292 | 310.823.6730
- Spokes N Stuff | 327 Washington Blvd, Venice, CA 90291 | 310.439.7276
- Ride Venice | 1915 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, CA 90291 | 310.954.0974
- The Bicycle Whisperer | 1150 Venice Ave, Venice, CA 90291 | 310.612.1409
- Venice Bike & Skates | 21 Washington Blvd, Venice, CA 90292 | 310.301.4011
- Bike Improve | 10927 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025 | 310.400.0363
- Helen's Cycles: Westwood Village | 1071 Gayley Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024 | 310.208.8988
- UCLA Bike Shop | 2131 John Wooden Ctr, Los Angeles, CA 90095 | 310.206.7219
- Synaptic Cycles | Los Angeles road bike rentals, delivered to your door for free | 949.484.6409
How to Participate
CicLAvia provides an opportunity to connect with Angelenos and communities throughout Los Angeles County in an entirely new way.
Participants are invited to walk, bike, skate, run, and enjoy the open streets on select Sundays! CicLAvia works hard to provide a safe and secure environment for all participants. By familiarizing yourself with the following information, you can help make CicLAvia a great event for everyone.
- CicLAvia is FREE!
- CicLAvia lasts from 9am to 4pm*
- CicLAvia closes streets to car traffic and opens them for people to walk, skate, bike, play, and explore parts of Los Angeles County.
- CicLAvia is not a race! There's no starting point or finish line—begin where you like and enjoy the day your way.
- CicLAvia traffic flows in two directions, just like regular traffic. Check out more rules of the route.
Timing Your Trip
CicLAvia lasts from 9am–4pm*. Please budget your time accordingly. Make sure you return to your point of origin or final destination by 4pm to avoid car traffic when the route reopens.
Share the Road
Cars are not allowed at CicLAvia, but any other form of non-motorized transportation is. Be aware of how people around you are traveling—biking, walking, skating, etc.—and respect their right to the road.
Police, transit officers, and volunteers will be at crossing intersections to monitor the flow of participant and car traffic. Riders and pedestrians must stop at car and pedestrian intersections when told to do so.
Please monitor your speed going downhill. Also, stay within the speed of the flow of traffic when it is too congested to pass.
There are often mandatory dismount locations. There will be signs at the dismount locations and volunteers instructing riders to dismount.
Biking with Children
Our friends at REI have a comprehensive information and video page about biking with children. Please take the time to review this information if you plan to enjoy CicLAvia with children.
Helmets for Children
All children (18 and under) are required by law to wear a helmet if they are on a bike, scooter, skateboard, skates, or other types of geared or wheeled-transportation. We have a free helmet giveaway at one of our hubs at each event. Check out our activities along the route page closer to the event date to get more information!
Experienced Riders Recommended
CicLAvia is not an ideal place to teach a child, or an adult, how to ride due to the heavy flow of bike, board, and pedestrian traffic. While we encourage participants of all ages and skill levels, we strongly suggest that children and all participants learn the basics of bike riding before participating in the event route.
At CicLAvia, the Safety and Well-Being of our Participants is our Primary Concern
We work closely with local authorities to provide as safe and secure an environment as possible. We also partner with other local agencies that provide additional security elements along the route and at public transit locations.
Law Enforcement and Emergency Personnel
The Los Angeles Police Department provides a strong security presence at CicLAvia. In addition, there are emergency medical technicians stationed at each Hub, and other response personnel is available along the route.
In case of an accident, go to the nearest Hub to report it to a staff member. If you are between Hubs, look for the nearest uniformed officer, responder, or event staff member.
If you notice any suspicious activity or a suspicious package, immediately report it to the nearest staff member or uniformed officer.
Contact Staff and Volunteers
Staff can be identified by the t-shirt that says STAFF on the back. Volunteers can be identified by the t-shirt that says VOLUNTEER on the back.
Staff members and volunteers can assist you in finding the answers to questions and help find the right person to respond to emergencies. If you are missing a member of your party, have been in a minor accident, or have been part of an incident, please contact staff at the nearest Hub. This is often the fastest way to ensure police officers or emergency personnel respond to the situation rapidly and effectively.
*February and December routes end at 3pm due to Daylight Savings Time
Rain or Shine
CicLAvia will go on, rain or shine! Here are some things to keep in mind when riding or rolling in wet conditions.
Slow down. It’s easier to lose traction, especially in turns, when the road is wet. Avoid sharp turns and high speed turns so your bike won’t slide out from under you.
Skidding is more likely when the road is wet. Modulate your braking to avoid a skid.
Give yourself extra time and distance to stop.
Rim brake users, remember your rims are wet so it takes a little longer for your brake pads to catch. Pumping your brakes will help.
Be more cautious on (or avoid) surfaces that are extra slippery when wet. Such surfaces may include metal plates, manhole covers, train tracks, storm grates, and street “paint”.
Avoid riding through standing water or piles of wet leaves, which might conceal road defects.
Visibility is reduced when it’s raining. Wear bright, reflective clothing and use front and rear lights to help you see and be seen (even during the day).