As summer heats up, mid-July offers tons of free events that invite you to dance your way across the region with an outdoor summer concert season in full swing, arts and cultural fairs and more.
Monday, July 15
- Get your groove on as you learn dance steps to ‘90’s hip-hop classics during JAM Session: Old School Street Dance at 7pm.
Wednesday, July 17
- Toast to summer during Downtown Culver City Third Wednesdays and sample various businesses’ takes on the ‘SummerTini’, then vote for your favorite between 5–9pm.
Thursday, July 18
- Head to Santa Monica for the weekly KCRW Night Market, and enjoy food trucks, live music and a family-friendly picnic area beginning at 5pm.
- Enjoy Gaby Moreno’s unique musical style — dubbed ‘Spanglish folk soul’ — during the weekly Sunset Concerts at The Skirball starting at 8pm.
- Explore El Segundo’s arts scene and enjoy live music, food trucks and activities during the monthly El Segundo Art Walk from 5–9pm.
- Head to the Hollywood Hills for Hollywood Night Market and enjoy live music, food and drink, and an array of boutique vendors along with an incredible view of LA every summer Thursday from 5–7pm.
Thursday, July 18 – Sunday, July 21
- Pop over to MacArthur Park’s Levitt Pavilion for one or more of their 50 Free Concerts happening this summer. Start times vary.
Saturday, July 20
- Jam to percussionist Sheila E. and Pimps of Joytime at Pershing Square from 7:30–11pm as part of the park’s weekly summer concert series.
Saturday, July 20 – Sunday, July 21
- Stop by the DTLA Arts District for LitLit: Little Literary Fair from 11am–6pm to enjoy conversations with independent authors and publishers about their work.
Do you like this post?