Welcome to CicLAvia’s Park Spotlight, a rotating selection of different parks that we love from all across LA County (many of which have been part of past CicLAvia routes).
Spanning several blocks along C St, Wilmington Waterfront Park has served as a hub location for two CicLAvia events: CicLAvia—Wilmington and San Pedro meets Wilmington. Completed in 2011, the park serves as a green space buffer between the Port of Los Angeles and the Wilmington neighborhood. The park consists of 30 acres of fields and walkways and is a great place for biking, walking, running, and other forms of recreation.
Park features include:
- Multipurpose play fields, commonly used for soccer
- El Paseo Promenade which provides a pedestrian circuit with seating, display gardens, and a shared use pedestrian and bicycle path linked to the California Coastal Trail
- Interactive water features including a splash pad
- An adventure playground for children
- Plazas and performance venues for community events
- Tree-shaded picnic areas and pavilions
- Viewing deck to watch Port activity
Use these locators to find a park near you:
Don't live in the city of LA? Check your city's park department for information on local parks throughout LA County.
Before visiting a park, remember to get up-to-date information on COVID-19 regulations and resources.
Los Angeles Neighborhood Initiative | Learn how LANI is revitalizing neighborhoods by creating vibrant public spaces.
Los Angeles Parks Foundation | Find out how the Los Angeles Parks Foundation supports and promotes park and open space for Angelenos.
Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks | Discover the many resources the Department of Recreation and Parks has to offer. From virtual fitness classes to art and and museum tours, RecConnectLA brings parks to you. The Safer At Parks program offers safe, structured learning centers and after school programs.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 Regulations, visit these links: