Are you someone who likes to work outside an office and talk with new people? The ideal Outreach Team Member is an outgoing self-starter who also has a keen attention to detail and follow through. The Community Outreach Team Member is a part-time, non-exempt position that involves intensive notification efforts and canvassing of neighborhoods along our upcoming CicLAvia event routes. The Outreach Team Member will be responsible for door-to-door notification along upcoming routes, alerting residents and businesses of the upcoming event, taking note of buildings with blocked driveways, and collecting contact information and other data for every stakeholder on the route. The Outreach Team Member may also act as an ambassador for CicLAvia at various community events. This is a great opportunity for candidates with Customer Service, Hospitality, or Canvassing experience.
Part-Time, non-exempt (0-30 hours per week)
Chief Program Officer
Production Manager, Outreach and Engagement
Outreach efforts will take place throughout Los Angeles County, depending on the location of the next CicLAvia event.
- Distribution of notification, parking, driveway and alternative access flyers, posters, postcards and any other collateral along the route and to surrounding communities
- Logging detailed notes of all outreach efforts and communicating issues to Production Team
- Acting as an ambassador of CicLAvia and representing the organization in a professional manner
- Answering questions regarding CicLAvia and CicLAvia’s events and programs
- High School education or equivalent
- Commitment to the mission and work of CicLAvia
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to go door to door, visiting businesses and residences, for extended periods of time and distance
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced work environment, including weekends
- Works well both with a team and independently
- Reliable transportation to/from locations all across LA County
- Customer Service, Hospitality, or Canvassing experience a plus
- Be friendly, outgoing and enjoy engaging with others
- Strong self-direction and ability to take initiative
- Spanish language fluency desirable
- Proof of Covid19 Vaccination
Frequently cited statistics show that women, trans, and nonbinary people, BIPOC, and other structurally marginalized groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. CicLAvia encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications.
Maximum 30 hours a week (Including weekdays during business hours and some weekends.)
Work might not be available every week. Most outreach efforts take place 8 weeks, 4 weeks, and 1 week before a CicLAvia event, typically for 3-7 consecutive days. CicLAvia produces up to 6 events/year.
This is an hourly position with a pay range of $20-23/hour.
CicLAvia is committed to cultivating a team that reflects the rich diversity of Los Angeles. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, medical condition, mental or physical disability which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties without reasonable accommodation.
About CicLAvia: CicLAvia is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Over the past 12 years, CicLAvia has produced 38 public, car-free street events attended by more than 1.8 million people who have explored more than 240 miles of urban streets in Los Angeles County. CicLAvia inspires people to see and experience Los Angeles and their fellow Angelenos in new ways. This builds familiarity, enthusiasm and community that can be leveraged to help guide the future of Los Angeles. For more information, please visit www.ciclavia.org.
Click here to download the job description.