Outreach Team Members
The Community Outreach Team Member is a part-time, non-exempt position that involves intensive notification efforts and canvassing of neighborhoods along our upcoming CicLAvia event routes. The Outreach Team Member will be responsible for door-to-door notification along upcoming routes, alerting residents and businesses of the upcoming event, taking note of buildings with blocked driveways, and collecting contact information and other data for every stakeholder on the route. The Outreach Team Member may also act as an ambassador for CicLAvia at various community events.
Part-Time, non-exempt (0-30 hours per week)
Director of Production
Outreach & Volunteer Coordinator
Outreach efforts will take place throughout Los Angeles County, depending on the location of the next CicLAvia event.
- Responsible for extensive contact with stakeholders along and surrounding each CicLAvia route
- Distribution of notification, parking, driveway and alternative access flyers, posters, postcards and any other collateral along the route and to surrounding communities
- Logging detailed notes of all outreach efforts and communicating issues to Production Team
- Acting as an ambassador of CicLAvia and representing the organization in a professional manner
- Answering questions regarding CicLAvia and CicLAvia’s events and programs
- High School or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in a fast paced work environment, including weekends
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
- Reliable transportation to/from locations all across LA County
- Customer Service, Hospitality, or Canvassing experience a plus
Maximum 30 hours a week (Weekdays during business hours and weekends must be open).
Work might not be available every week. Most outreach efforts take place 8 weeks, 4 weeks, and 1 week before a CicLAvia event, typically for 3-7 consecutive days. CicLAvia produces 6 events/year.
- Be friendly, outgoing and enjoy engaging with others
- Strong self-direction and ability to take initiative
- Openly support the mission and efforts of CicLAvia and their partner organizations
- Bilingual is a PLUS!
To apply, please send a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com, SUBJECT: Outreach Team Member. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis, but we are seeking qualified applicants ASAP for outreach in November.
CicLAvia is a 501(c)3 non-profit that catalyzes vibrant public spaces, active transportation, and good health through open street events. At each event, we remove cars from miles of streets in LA County and open them up for people to walk, skate, bike, play, and explore. As part of our effort to inform the community of our event(s) and reduce any negative impact of the street closures on the residents and businesses along our routes, we conduct thorough and extensive door-to-door outreach for each event.
Click here to download the job description.