Springtime officially arrives March 20, and the sunshine and warmer weather have returned. In celebration, we’ve gathered a list of fun free things-to-do to explore and enjoy LA this week!
- Japan Foundation Los Angeles presents Awa-Hop, a free dance performance featuring Hilty & Bosch and TAKARABUNE.
- Pre-celebrate National Puppy Day by bringing your pup along to the monthly Mutt Mingle Dog Social, from 6–8pm in DTLA.
- Tour artist studios, enjoy live music, and food truck fair during Santa Monica Airport’s Artwalk.
- Head to the Hermosa Beach Pier from 9am–2pm for MicroKickBoard’s Create The Change Community PlayDate, a family-friendly festival.
- Embark on a culinary adventure around the world at Glendale Galleria's Tasty Food Market. Enjoy Hawaiian pancakes, Korean tacos, ramen burgers, and more, from 12–8pm.
- Malibu Fashion Week debuts its first pop-up shop concept. Relax with friends as you shop, listen to live music, sip wine, sample food, and more.
- Join the party to inaugurate the Watts Oasis with festivities from 10am–4pm featuring a dunk contest, basketball clinic, and appearance by former Harlem Globetrotter, Christon Staples.
- Celebrate Bach’s birthday with Bach in the Subway, a series of classical music performances by a mix of ensembles at select Metro and Metrolink stations.
- Don your best tweed and join C.I.C.L.E. and Metro from 12–3pm for their Tweed Ride on Venice Beach, passing through Electric Avenue, Abbot Kinney, and the Venice Canals.
If you’re looking to take a ride, we also think you’ll enjoy this list of bike trails from Time Out Los Angeles.