Explore LA this week with free bike classes, art tours, family-friendly festivals, and an open streets event!
Monday, May 13, through Saturday, May 18
- Join the Maya Angelou Mural Festival, a week-long celebration featuring tours, workshops, and panel discussions culminating in a performance by Miguel at Maya Angelou High School on Saturday, May 18.
Saturday, May 18
- Celebrate Bike Month while exploring South LA during a bike training and safety class hosted by LACBC, the American Heart Association, and the Metro BEST (Bicycle Education Safety Training) program.
- Join an art and architecture-focused bike tour of Culver City’s Hayden Tract and Arts District hosted by Bike Culver City and Metro BEST from 10am–12:30pm.
- Enjoy all-ages family fun featuring educational activities, music, and more at the Annabelle Godwin Play Day from 10am–1pm in Van Nuys.
Saturday, May 18, through Sunday, May 19
- Get artsy with ARTsea, a two-day festival featuring live music, local artists, aquatic activities, beer and wine gardens, and food trucks in Marina Del Rey.
- Browse and buy artworks by more than 200 imaginative animators, creators, and performers, and enjoy live entertainment during the Downtown Burbank Arts Festival.
Sunday, May 19
- Head to the San Gabriel Valley for 626 Golden Streets, a five-mile open streets event through Pasadena, Alhambra, and San Gabriel from 9am–4pm!
P.S. If you're looking for more things to do during Bike Month, check out this list from our friends at Metro.
Photos courtesy of Discover Los Angeles and ARTsea.
Do you like this post?