CicLAvia is one of the largest open streets events in the country—a free event, open to all. At CicLAvia, streets are car-free for individuals and families to explore by foot, bike, and other forms of non-motorized transport.
Is your business on or near the route? Here are some tips for engaging thousands of potential new customers.
Download / Descarga
Business Opportunity Flyer
Folletos de Oportunidades Comerciales
What will you See at CicLAvia?
- Tens of thousands of participants on car-free streets from all over the region eager to explore the neighborhood
- Happy people looking for their new favorite spot
- Safe, fun, and family-oriented activities
- Police and Department of Transportation Officers responsible for traffic and crowd control along the route
- CicLAvia staff and volunteers assisting participants with questions and concerns along the route
- Restrooms, free water, first aid, trash/recycling, bike parking, and information booths at Hubs along the route
How to Take Advantage of the Thousands of Potential Customers Passing by your Door
- Plan to be open the day of the event. Make your storefront visible with signs and banners.
- Bring your business outside. If you have permission to use the sidewalk in front of your business, feel free to bring products, music, or seating outside. If you activate your sidewalk you must maintain a 4’ clearance for ADA access. (Please note that under the terms of CicLAvia’s permit, no stationary objects are allowed in the street.)
- Join the CicLAvia Savings Program. Businesses that offer a special discount on CicLAvia event days may be listed for free on our interactive digital map.
- Help get the word out in advance. Put up a CicLAvia poster or give CicLAvia postcards to your customers! Contact us with suggestions or for more information.
Participate in the CicLAvia Savings Program
Is Your Business on the CicLAvia Route? Encourage participants to stop by on the day of the event by offering a special discount to CicLAvia participants.
We’ll highlight your family-friendly business (such as restaurants, movie theaters, toy stores, clothing shops, hair salons, banks, etc.) for free on the CicLAvia website (pending internal approval).
To join, follow these guidelines:
- Offer a discount to customers during all business hours during CicLAvia.
- Email us or call 213.355.8500 to share your discount offer by Wednesday, June 26. Make sure to provide your name, business name, business address, business contact info, email, website link (if applicable), and more info on your discount offer.
How will Car Access and Parking be Handled?
Please be aware that all driveways on the route will be blocked and inaccessible beginning at 7am on Sunday, June 30.
- Some streets will be closed as early as 6am.
- If your vehicle is parked in your driveway and you need to use it after 7am on June 30, please park elsewhere.
- Your vehicle will be inaccessible until approximately 6pm on June 30.
- Vehicles will not be allowed to enter or exit the route during this time.
- Street closures begin at 6am, with full route closures in place by 7am.
- The event runs from 9am—4pm, and streets will be fully open to cars by approximately 6pm.
- Cars can cross the route at selected major streets.
- Crossings are indicated on the CicLAvia—Mid City Meets Pico Union route map.
- Pedestrian crossings will also be available along the route to give people access to businesses and buildings on both sides of the street.
- All other cross streets will be closed at the route.
- Streets adjacent to the route will remain open to local access for residents and businesses.
- No parking is allowed on the route after 1am on Sunday, June 30.
- Parking restrictions will be posted and towing will be enforced.
- Additional street parking near the route may be restricted.
- Please check posted parking restrictions in your neighborhood
- If you are a resident or business directly on the route, CicLAvia can reimburse you up to $20 per vehicle for any parking costs you incur from 8pm on Saturday, June 29, through 6pm on Sunday, June 30.
- For reimbursement, mail a copy of your parking receipt and proof of residence or employment to CicLAvia at 525 S Hewitt St, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
Contact us with additional questions.